Anybody sad to see 2020 disappear?

ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
Crazy stupid question right?
But there has to be *something* good we can take from it, use and learn from, redo, build up, and remember with gratitude and love?

Hmmm, might take me awhile to think on my own ponderings but I'm sure I'll come up with something.
Maybe your answers will give me inspiration. :)
Bring it on....

Replies

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited December 2020
    Nvm decided that I couldn't abide by the thread's spirit โœŒ๏ธ
  • scratchmyTwitch
    scratchmyTwitch Posts: 218 Member
    I really, really like being alone and will try not to feel guilty about that in the future.

I also miss people though so ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Same, I enjoyed my alone time. I enjoyed camping, getting outside, kayaking, just skowing down has been nice

Its been the 2nd half of 2020 thats been slamming me left and right and im over it.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited December 2020
    I really enjoy some of the terror. In the sense that less people were driving and there was less chance of me dying this year. People went crazy for bikes and now I can be pretentious hipster *kitten* and say "I liked cyclign before it was cool". But for real, its great more people are riding. I think the animals and the Earth also appreciated less pollution. There has been some educational opportunities too for the general public with regards to hygiene, disease transmission, social distancing etc. The conspiracy theories provided some lols but also lots of headaches. Despite everything I do feel sympathetic for the situation in America, Europe etc. Things wont be 100% the same again but hopefully as a collective we can learn from all this.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    2020 was a very good year for me. But so many others really struggled so i have mixed feelings on it. Ill just try and make 2021 an even better year for mysel, and hopefully it will bring the opportunity for lots of other people to be happier again.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    I'm more or less on @J_NY_Z's vibe. I started 2020 by going to my first NYE party in over a decade with old friends and made new ones.

Fast forward 90 days ๐Ÿ˜ While it was challenging to see, hear and experience the struggling of others (and dealing with my own), I'd already set my positive intentions on this new decade. Corona can't take that away under any circumstance.

I'm happy and this is just the start of betterment. As per the wise words of the illustrious American poet Fat Joe, "Nothing can stop me, I'm all the way up" ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿฟ

You alright Ms. Malted. From your NY hat, to your NY rapper reference, to your NY swag.....you sure you Canadian?
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    I'm still sad about the year 2000. That was supposed to be the year my life kicked into high gear. Now we're watching 2020 go by and I'm like STOP THE COUNT! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Being an extreme introvert, I'm really content with the social isolation mindset.

Ditto. We've never had a WFH culture at the office but in March they decided to reduce the number of employees in the building as much as possible so the place is now blissfully quiet at times. I have been so much more productive since I can actually focus on complex tasks without constant interruption and distraction.
    But in a serious reality, 2020 is my first entire year of retirement.

Congratulations!