What book are you reading?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    steph6556 wrote: »
    8qu1mp95o5m8.jpeg

I felt like this was just so atmospheric and vivid, even without much happening it was excellent.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »

I'm not that far in yet, but Dweck is a positive psychology researcher who explores fixed mindsets vs. growth mindsets.
    I'm going down the rabbit hole with positive psychology.
    This will be my 5th book on the subject this year. The others include:

Happiness by Ed Deiner
    Flourish by Martin Seligman
    What you can change and what you can't by Martin Seligman
    The How of Happiness by Sonia Lyubomirsky

Try Psychology of Hope by Rick Snyder.

Quantum Change by William Miller (not quite positive psych, but change psych, which is somewhat similar...cog-beh).

Thanks for the recs! They sound right up my alley.

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member
    ewbflym64c7c.jpeg

@iMago I have a feeling this may interest you.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    ewbflym64c7c.jpeg

@iMago I have a feeling this may interest you.

bao7dku6uck1.gif
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    r5dlnjb6r4ii.png

It’s easy reading and has actually helped me out a little.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    LGS_RFS wrote: »
    r5dlnjb6r4ii.png

So...it is good? Every time I see the title, it makes me think of Albert Ellis (and what he said about that word) and it makes me laugh a bit.
  • Crazygraciegirl_
    Crazygraciegirl_ Posts: 73 Member
    Just finished Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I'm a sucker for a good graphic novel (or any story) that's high fantasy or D&D related. This is based off of a podcast though, which is hilarious to listen to.

1250232627.jpg
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    edited December 2020
    I finished these two this week. Nothing to see here and the Editor.
    Just started Wives, but I'm not hooked yet.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Finished a graphic novel that made me cry (touching story in the end), and moved on to some more non-fiction. Despite the title, the book is actually about gerrymandering and was written a few years ago, before the 2016 election.

Cover_of_Ratf%2A%2Aked_by_David_Daley.jpg
  • LynNite
    LynNite Posts: 68 Member
    ddip477d0t6n.jpeg
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    dktbd5cowydm.jpeg
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    r5dlnjb6r4ii.png

So...it is good? Every time I see the title, it makes me think of Albert Ellis (and what he said about that word) and it makes me laugh a bit.

It gave me a different way to view things. Some of the views really caught my attention and other parts was meh. Over all though I enjoyed reading it.
  • melaniedscott
    edited December 2020
    r5dlnjb6r4ii.png

It gave me a different way to view things. Some of the views really caught my attention and other parts was meh. Over all though I enjoyed reading it.

I think I'm going to feel that way about what I'm reading now. Heal Your Headaces: 1-2-3 Program for Taking Charge of Your Pain by David Buchholz.

Some what he says makes sense and is what I've heard from other docs in the past year or two (like...many painkillers result in rebound headaches...Yup, that's why I usually just suck it up). Some seems a bit propaganda-y; Rah rah! This has helped so many people!

And some sounds like one of the teachers at Cleaveland Chiropractic..."oh, I had this patient with a lazy eye and three rows of teeth and...and when I adjusted her back, her eye moved to the right place and started seeing properly and all the extra teeth fell out [my comment: hopefully not all at once!] and her life was changed forever!" My brother went there years...true story.

And that is the first 25 pages. It is older, 2002, so some of the pharmacutical info is off (Midrin/Duradrin are now banned in the US; Meclazine is now commonly prescribed for vertigo, Zofran for nausea, etc). But outside of that, it might be helpful for people with chronic headaches, like me. We'll see.

***Note: Not dissing all chiropractors, just the nutty ones.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    76jslzc8ldw1.jpeg

I liked him in "Mad Max Fury Road".
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    I bought this for a 4 year old birthday gift. Great way to align weather events with feelings or moods.22h51d45a5mn.jpg
  • o8dgicton65g.png

My friend is rereleasing his foul-mouthed demon hunter series and I’m pretty excited about them so I’m starting over
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner
    Kind of a funny easy read.
  • melaniedscott
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner
    Kind of a funny easy read.

She's pretty good. I think I've read that one. If you haven't read Jennifer Cruisie, try her. She's awesome!
  • Gefiun
    Gefiun Posts: 13 Member
    ac13ah6jndlh.jpeg

Almost done!

I’ve also listened to OP’s people’s history. I’ll have to back track in here to see if there’s another read to add to my to-read list