Competitive Bodybuilding...anyone here?

Good morning all, just curious as to how many folks on this forum are currently competitive bodybuilders? Classic Bodybuilding? Figure? Physique? Etc.? If so, anyone competing in Masters Class? Just curious. :)

Thanks for indulging me!

Replies

• Theotherwhiteclint
    Theotherwhiteclint Posts: 341 Member
    I always thought about it but wife wont support ut
  • JulioM997
    JulioM997 Posts: 13 Member
    I always thought about it but wife wont support ut

Bummer, but yes it does require a lot of support from the wife.
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Yes I am a men's physique competitor and in the Master's division. (49 years old)
  • JulioM997
    Yes I am a men's physique competitor and in the Master's division. (49 years old)

Nice! Anything planned? I'm waiting to get past this lockdown no lockdown mess before I commit. But I do miss it. Last competition was in 2015. was 52. Itching to do it again.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Been thinking about it but man it costs so much!! It’s all in the posing though for sure. I always tell myself that if I get 30 mins of posing practice I could do well. nym3suosq2wi.jpeg
  • JulioM997
    alexmose wrote: »
    Been thinking about it but man it costs so much!! It’s all in the posing though for sure. I always tell myself that if I get 30 mins of posing practice I could do well. nym3suosq2wi.jpeg

Yes, it can be expensive. What I tend to find the hardest is the meal prep! UGH! Looks like you are not far away from stage ready! I think you could definitely do well! What are you thinking? Figure? Physique? Bikini? Bodybuilding?
    Julio
  • alexmose
    JulioM997 wrote: »

Yes, it can be expensive. What I tend to find the hardest is the meal prep! UGH! Looks like you are not far away from stage ready! I think you could definitely do well! What are you thinking? Figure? Physique? Bikini? Bodybuilding?
    Julio

Frankly maybe the first one Geographically and safely available in 2021 when this crap is over!
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Starting prepping on the first of jan this year
    Then lock down in March

Started prepping again the mid October then
    Not been able to train for the last month again, still Hoping to do the show in April 2021
  • alexmose
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Then lock down in March

Not been able to train for the last month again, still Hoping to do the show in April 2021

Ohhh which one?
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Then lock down in March

Ohhh which one?

The FitXpo in Liverpool, a medium sized show which should be fun, my local show will be to early I think as it’s in March
  • JulioM997
    48g5j6kspkoa.jpeg

ABOVE today weighing in at 264lbs. Talking with a good friend to prep for a show sometime late next year. Hoping we don't go into lockdown again. However, today was a good day! Veins are showing up. I miss this level of conditioning BELOW from my last competition in 2015.

0m7b0yuf5y44.png
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    48g5j6kspkoa.jpeg

ABOVE today weighing in at 264lbs. Talking with a good friend to prep for a show sometime late next year. Hoping we don't go into lockdown again. However, today was a good day! Veins are showing up. I miss this level of conditioning BELOW from my last competition in 2015.

0m7b0yuf5y44.png
    Looking great!!
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member

Julio

Frankly maybe the first one Geographically and safely available in 2021 when this crap is over!

Decided to bulk up baby!