Looking for a group of people who are in the process of trying to lose 50-100 pounds.

I’m looking for a group of people looking to lose some serious weight. People who are looking at what they are putting in their bodies and trying to make changes for the long run.

My name is Heather and I am a strong woman. My weakness has always been my weight. I have yo yo’d in my weight so much since high school.

I am 5’2. My starting weight a few weeks ago was 220lbs. My current weight is 203.9.
My goal is 135.

What’s your name?
What are your goals?
Do you desire accountability through your journey?
Are you looking for a fun group of people sharing successes, failures and everything in between?

Replies

• Shawn01901
    Shawn01901 Posts: 103 Member
    Hello! I’m interested! I been up and down with my weight and am looking to drop 50 lbs and maintain in the long run....

I been most successful with having an accountability group /partner . Feel free to add me as a friend
  • AnanoBanano
    AnanoBanano Posts: 20 Member
    Hey there,

I have a lot of weight to lose as well.

My name is Anano and I'm 29 years old.
    I have lost about 86 lbs and have way more to go.
    I'd gladly join a fun group.

I'm not sure how it will look with 10+ women posting every day. But in a smaller group, it would work well i guess.

Anyway, sent you a friend request. =)

• _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Y’all should join the Larger Losers group. I love it! Feel free to add me as a friend.

100 days in and have lost 26lbs. I’m a long way from my goal but the support I get from Larger Losers is fantastic!
  • 1FrailRose
    1FrailRose Posts: 3 Member
    Hi my name is Scottee, I'm 20 years old and just had baby number two. I'm looking to "lose weight" but really I just want to be able to keep up and play with my kids along with a realistic body figure regardless of what weight that might mean I will be... I really could use some friends on here for support and motivation, also to call me out if I start slacking lol.
  • trienn
    trienn Posts: 29 Member
    Hi! Super idea, I'm interested to join in too!

I'm Katrin and I'm trying to get back on track after 2 or so years of nothing.
    173 cm, current weight 98 kgs. My goal weight is 60 kgs.

My starting weight was actually 150 kgs but I dropped down to 75 kgs a few years ago, when I joined MFP and got into a routine of exercising and logging my foods. I've figured that having an accountability buddy and&or support group really helps me so feel free to add me!
  • evahudnell
    evahudnell Posts: 13 Member
    Hello, my names Eva and I have about 50 pounds to lose. I do best with accountability buddies so feel free to add me. I'm 5'4 and 198lb currently and looking to get down to 145lb.
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi! I'm am interested!

I'm Anita. I have a goal of being much healthier than I am now when I turn 45 in about 6 months. I have been working from home behind a desk since March. I'm also in school and will finish up with my last class in the spring.

I'm 5'5" and currently weigh 219. My goal weight is 160.

My goals for December are to track food/exercise, move more, drink more water, and lose 5 pounds.

Please feel free to add me and send a friend request.
  • juli_ann0826
    juli_ann0826 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, I'm Julie. Definitely interested. I'm 43 y/o, 5'4" and currently weigh 197 lbs. Looking to get down to about 140. Accountability and motivation have been my biggest downfalls so far. Having a strong minded group to help with support would be amazing.
    Please feel free to add me!
  • I am also 5’2” and my goal is also 135 lbs :) I started this journey back in December 2019 at 209.2 lbs and so far have lost 35.8 lbs (173.4 lbs now). Close to half way! I will send you a friend request.
  • Nemalloy
    Nemalloy Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! My name is Nikki. My goal is also 135 pounds. I started over again five months ago at 205 lbs and I’m currently 167 lbs. Being part of an accountability group would be nice.
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Hi please add me to the group! I’m 5’1 with a goal about 120 and I have about 35 more lbs to go to get there.

Goals this month:

Track food
    Track exercise
    Workout 5 days a week
    2L of water daily
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Should we start our own official group? If so, what should we name the group?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited December 2020
    Seconding the recommendation for joining Larger Losers Group, it's a well established group with active threads and a mix of people who are looking to lose or have lost a significant amount of weight. They are a great bunch.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

• caitwence300
    caitwence300 Posts: 14 Member
    I been doing this 1200 calorie a day diet and i actually gained 2kg which is abt 4lbs after 14 days can y'all tell me what y'all eating cause obviously I ain't doing it right
  • tinkerbellang83
    I been doing this 1200 calorie a day diet and i actually gained 2kg which is abt 4lbs after 14 days can y'all tell me what y'all eating cause obviously I ain't doing it right

2 weeks isn't enough time to see a trend (it takes 4-6 weeks to be able to establish a trend in your weight - your weight is likely to fluctuate up and down because of a number of factors - menstrual cycle hormones, exercise water retention, sodium or carb related water retention - i.e. not fat which is what you're trying to lose), although there are things you can do to check your accuracy:
    • Are you guessing how much food you're eating (eyeballing)? - in general most people are very bad at this
    • Are you using cups as a measurement? - not very accurate
    • Are you vetting the entries you use from the database? the database is crowd sourced and there are many inaccurate items.

If you are weighing your food, checking your entries, etc and are sure your diary is accurate then it's just down to patience. Try using a Trendweight app such as Libra (Android) or Happyscale (iOS) and weigh daily for a couple of weeks and you may be able to better understand your body's entirely normal fluctuations.

• cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    I have never seen these apps I will try them.I am doing all the above using cups to measure and the database to log
  • Hello! My goal is to lose 80-90 lbs. I’ve never had an accountability group before but I haven’t been able to lose any weight by myself so it might be a good thing to find a group. Definitely want to lose this weight and get healthy!
  • tinkerbellang83
    cmbalint wrote: »
    I have never seen these apps I will try them.I am doing all the above using cups to measure and the database to log

If loss over 4-6 weeks is less than expected, switch to a food scale, it's far more accurate than cups and make sure you're vetting the entries in the database you use, usually once you've used them the first time they stay in your list so as long as you check something the first time you use it, it should be the correct item in your diary going forward.
  • Fat2FitMom19
    Fat2FitMom19 Posts: 56 Member
    I am trying to lose 60lbs.
    I desperately need an accountability group. I have lost 24lbs by myself but I need help staying on track.