Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @bumpbreakcar I was using a Garmin for a couple years. I like that it is so easy to recharge, just a quick connect to your computer. I could wear it 24/7 except in the water. The drawback was the battery has to be replaced about once a year and is not cheap. I now have an Applewatch which does a lot more but the charger is a wall plug and takes 30 minutes or more to charge all the way up. I have had it for ~three years~ so a newer watch may work a little different. I like all the additional info you get from the Apple Watch.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    @bumpbreakcar I have a fitbit charge 3 but I'm getting a charge 4 this week. I like my fitbits. My husband keeps trying to get me to get an apple watch because I have gone through a few now. But I like what I like and I have challenges going with my Fitbit.

I stepped on the scale this morning and it was down so let's hope it keeps going that way and Thursday weigh in looks good. I did another exercise on the treadmill today with the peloton ap. I didn't get up early, I'm usually awake but not today, go figure. But came home and got it done. Trying to really watch what I eat also. And had lots of water today.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Question- what are you all using for tracking you steps? I was looking at the Garmin- but I get confused on reviews

Mainly need something for tracking steps, I have a indoor fitness bike and working out with dumbbells and stuff. Thanks in advance ;)

I use a Fitbit Versa now and worked my way up to that model having had the Fitbit Zip (I think it was called) that was this little thing I just clipped to my bra. I have the Fitbit Aria scale that syncs with it and love the system. A long time ago, when I used to run, I had a Garmin. I don't know much about their current models though.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/07 steps 10733
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    @1theresamcvean What exercises do you do for abs? I have positional vertigo and have problems with lying flat and doing the ab exercises. I also hurt my shoulder doing planks so I guess they are out of the picture. I have weak abs and core so I need to find something. I am taking the lazy way out asking you instead of researching Lol! If you have no suggestions I will look into it :) Thanks xo
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm @1theresamcvean Can I move my weigh in day to Thursday just for this week? I am going out to dinner Thursday night and plan to have a few drinks. I don't want the number on Friday morning to represent my week lol!

Not a problem!

Although alcohol has a funny way of showing up on the scale - if you haven't fully rehydrated after drinking, you might even see MORE of a loss. I don't recommend it, because not rehydrating after drinking tends to have nasty side effects the next morning, but I can't say I haven't seen that effect myself. If you're curious, try weighing yourself both Thursday and Friday mornings - for science.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited December 2020
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean What exercises do you do for abs? I have positional vertigo and have problems with lying flat and doing the ab exercises. I also hurt my shoulder doing planks so I guess they are out of the picture. I have weak abs and core so I need to find something. I am taking the lazy way out asking you instead of researching Lol! If you have no suggestions I will look into it :) Thanks xo

Pam,

I try to avoid lying down or having any arm motion in my periphery. Taking this into account and thinking about your shoulder, here are some good ab exercises.

Seated leg raises are good for your lower abs.

Here's one where you lift your feet over an object in an arc from left to right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvleorZT7wU

Here's another where you lift them just straight up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBJF8FRWg9M

Both are good.

Seated medicine ball twists are great for obliques: https://www.google.com/search?q=seated+medicine+ball+twists&oq=seated+medicine+ball+twist&aqs=chrome.0.0i457j69i57j0i22i30l3.6129j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_cdXPX5SHEI-3tAavxr-IBA8

You can do several ab exercises standing up, kind of like those figure eight videos.

Here's a video of four moves:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ab+exercises+where+you+don't+lay+down&oq=ab+exercises+where+you+don't+lay+down&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.10231j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_j9PPX8qYJ-PrtQaRxpLwBg11

You also get an ab workout and have fun with EMKFit dance HIIT classes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-pne1Uv8YkXZ3lbele30aA

Here's to your abs!!

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    I just made ranch dip out of cottage cheese. I’m so excited. I love raw veggies but I have to have something to dip them in. So I decided I’d try it. It’s pretty good. It’s definitely not the creamy consistency of store bought but for 40 calories for 1/3 cup, I’ll learn to love the consistency. Didn’t notice it much with veggies anyway just when I tried it plain.
  • 1theresamcvean
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    I just made ranch dip out of cottage cheese. I’m so excited. I love raw veggies but I have to have something to dip them in. So I decided I’d try it. It’s pretty good. It’s definitely not the creamy consistency of store bought but for 40 calories for 1/3 cup, I’ll learn to love the consistency. Didn’t notice it much with veggies anyway just when I tried it plain.

That sounds so good. Could you share the recipe please, Kandi? I would love to try it.
  • kandi3570
    I did 1/3 cup of cottage cheese. A little bit of milk and 2 tsp of dry ranch mix. And I used a hand blender.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited December 2020
    Christmas Tree Walk
    mwhbtulq5fhh.jpg

Every year in the before times, we would decorate a 10-foot tree on Christmas Eve together as a family. Each one of us would get a new decoration, we'd wear Christmas pajamas, I'd referee sibling rivalry tiffs, they'd tease me a lot, and we'd unpack our stockings.

This year we'll be having an outdoor distance visit with my daughter and her partner on Boxing Day because we are supposed to have Christmas with just the people in our own household. I will be going to my son's house because, since I live alone, I am allowed to associate with one other household.

I went out to the Christmas tree lot at the church today and got a little tree. It's only four feet tall but I'm putting it on a table and, with the angel, it should be almost seven feet high. When I was taking it home on the wagon, I took this picture. I just noticed there's a halo around. it. Not sure you can see it.

It turns out that I have a lot less to do this year. That's my silver lining.

• 1theresamcvean
    edited December 2020
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    I did 1/3 cup of cottage cheese. A little bit of milk and 2 tsp of dry ranch mix. And I used a hand blender.

Thanks. I like how it's a one-serving recipe. :)
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-96 oz
    Excericse-30 min walking tape, PT and stretching

Checking in early as I have a busy day tomorrow. I will check in tomorrow evening or Thursday morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

@minstrelofsarcasm I will weigh myself both days, it will be interesting to see the difference.
    @1theresamcvean Thank you so much! That was above and beyond what I was expecting. Your tree is going to look beautiful! I not only see the halo but also a rainbow!
    @kandi3570 That sounds delicious. I love cottage cheese so I wouldn't mind the consistency. Did you ever try it with plain greek yogurt? For a 5.3 oz (a individual serving cup) it is 80 calories and 14 grams protein not including the ranch you add.
    @melaniedscott I know it is not funny but that last sentence made me laugh. I hope the ENT doctor has some answers for you. Sending hugs!
  • kandi3570
    @sleepymom5 no but I know it’s good. I can’t eat yogurt so it’s not an option for me. I wish it was. I love yogurt cups.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/08 steps 6484
This discussion has been closed.