Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Update for the week

I've been having some back issues since last Wednesday but not that bad, mostly bothered me when getting up from a sitting position. Once I started moving around it seemed to be fine again.

I had a therapy session on Friday for my knee so I told him about the back issue. He tried to do some therapy for that too and it worked for a little while. Yesterday (Tuesday) it became really bad. Without going into too much detail it happened while in the bathroom.😊 I was still at work and had about 30 minutes left in my shift. I could barely move so I said I probably wouldn't be at work the next day. (I almost never miss work unless it's planned so it did bother me that I had to stay home but I know it's for my health.)

I had a therapy session for my knee again after work so the therapist tried to do some therapy for that again. We ended up cutting the knee therapy short for the day. Good thing my knee seems much better now, except for a few things that will take a little longer.

I stopped by my chiropractor, who was able to squeeze me in. He also wants to see me today. The adjustment helped a little but I was still in enough pain that I decided not to go in to work. I didn't think standing all night would be a good idea and since I was having a hard time just moving around I stayed home.

I hope the chiropractor session today will help and that I can go to work tonight.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,304 Member
    @sleepymom5 Well...I do say that in a funny way. There's a really technical stupid name for it that I can't remember...it's easier to be funny about it.

@tryingagain5 Hope your back feels better soon! Back pain is the worst. I've found really light yoga (NOT Ashtanga!) can help (cow/cat/spine twists)

I decided to take today off, hubs is working a 12 hour and that leaves me quiet for 12 hours (hopefully). Hot tea & coffee, lots of warm liquid. It might help. I'm thinking of making soup...but having trouble deciding...vegetable, ginger mushroom (& cabbage & tofu), ir ginger squash...or something else. They're all easy and yummy. Yhe ginger mushroom is quite a bit of chopping but worth it. I have 12 hours...I could do more than one...but where would I put it?
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    edited December 2020
    Midweek update

My eating has been overall okay this week, caved and ordered wings last night as I have been absolutely craving them. Still not running as much as I would like and with the foot pain, I may be getting a cortisol shot which will hopefully help. Has anyone on here gotten one for planters fasciitus/shin splints before? I've heard its really painful and am a little on the fence whether or not it will be worth it plus I absolutely hate needles. On a good note snow is finally here! Hopefully it sticks so I can start teaching my little guy to snowboard on the hill near our house since I think he is going a little stir crazy from the lack of activities. Have a good rest of the week everyone!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 933 Member
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    I hit 80 lbs lost from my heaviest weight today. 2 years ago I would have said it was impossible!! I never thought i would see the 220s again let alone the 180s. GW 170. I have 18.8 lbs left to lose! This group has helped me more than I can even voice. It keeps me accountable and just knowing I’m not the only one struggling sometimes keeps me pushing. Without accountability it’s too easy to give up. We’ll see if I stay here though because I’m going to a meeting tonight and a friend is making my favorite Xmas cookies. 😁. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this you have to indulge and enjoy your favorite things once in awhile.

Congratulations, Kandi! What a milestone. Great idea to stop and smell the roses, erm, eat the cookies :wink:
  • 1theresamcvean
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 2, I think.🤔
    PW: 205.0
    CW: 202.2
    Loss: 2.8

Not sure how that happened but I'll take it. Way too much food over the weekend, not enough water and very limited exercise.

Great loss, Linda! So happy for you.
  • tryingagain5
    @kandi3570
    Great job! Keep going! And I do agree you need to indulge a little (just not too much.😉
    I find that if I don't eat things I enjoy I will overdo it because I've been too restrictive. I try fit in a treat most days.
  • tryingagain5
    @1theresamcvean
    Thanks! Trying to work hard within my limitations right now.
  • tryingagain5
    @melaniedscott
    I hope you start feeling better soon! Enjoy your soup, once you decide what to make.

Thanks! Back pain is definitely no fun. I've been trying to do some light standing stretches. I did see several, including the ones you mentioned, where you would need to get on the floor. I'm afraid of getting on the floor since I'm not sure I would be able to get back up. And since I live alone that would not be a good thing.
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    @tryingagain5 @kandi3570 totally agree if I don’t eat things I enjoy...a binge will come

It’s all about balance!!
  • tryingagain5
    I went to the chiropractor this morning. He said my hip went back to where it was before the adjustment yesterday. He wants to see me again tomorrow. Normally one adjustment would be enough but not this time.

I asked if I should stay home from work one more night and he told me it was my decision. I haven't decided yet but am thinking if I feel a little better this afternoon that I might try for 4 hours instead of my normal 8 hours but not sure.

I tried walking around my living room this morning before my appointment and had a hard time going for 5 minutes.😥 I asked the chiropractor if I should try to walk a little. He said I could but not to go too far in case it seized up while I was out. Definitely don't want to be far from home if that happens.
  • tryingagain5
    @tryingagain5 @kandi3570 totally agree if I don’t eat things I enjoy...a binge will come

It’s all about balance!!

Yep, definitely!
  • 1theresamcvean
    mxlaw90 wrote: »
    Midweek update

My eating has been overall okay this week, caved and ordered wings last night as I have been absolutely craving them. Still not running as much as I would like and with the foot pain, I may be getting a cortisol shot which will hopefully help. Has anyone on here gotten one for planters fasciitus/shin splints before? I've heard its really painful and am a little on the fence whether or not it will be worth it plus I absolutely hate needles. On a good note snow is finally here! Hopefully it sticks so I can start teaching my little guy to snowboard on the hill near our house since I think he is going a little stir crazy from the lack of activities. Have a good rest of the week everyone!

I hope you feel better soon, Marcy. I haven't had cortisol but have had dry needles (that was for a hamstring issue), active release therapy (painful but effective chiropractic method), and acupuncture.

For shin splints, the RICE method worked for me. It's really the patience to wait it out that's key.

For plantar fasciitis, these exercises to make it feel better and help prevent it in the future also worked: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324353#other-home-remedies

But nothing worked as well as active release therapy combined with acupuncture with electrical stimulation. If you are close to this place, (or even if you have to drive in), I highly recommend Dr. Jardine or any of the staff: https://www.theurbanathlete.ca/ It's on Eglinton between Bathurst and Avenue Road. Quite often, it's tightness higher up, say in the calf (maybe the shin splints) causing the foot issue. Also, it makes you feel like an athlete with a sports injury :wink:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Update for the week

I've been having some back issues since last Wednesday but not that bad, mostly bothered me when getting up from a sitting position. Once I started moving around it seemed to be fine again.

I had a therapy session on Friday for my knee so I told him about the back issue. He tried to do some therapy for that too and it worked for a little while. Yesterday (Tuesday) it became really bad. Without going into too much detail it happened while in the bathroom.😊 I was still at work and had about 30 minutes left in my shift. I could barely move so I said I probably wouldn't be at work the next day. (I almost never miss work unless it's planned so it did bother me that I had to stay home but I know it's for my health.)

I had a therapy session for my knee again after work so the therapist tried to do some therapy for that again. We ended up cutting the knee therapy short for the day. Good thing my knee seems much better now, except for a few things that will take a little longer.

I stopped by my chiropractor, who was able to squeeze me in. He also wants to see me today. The adjustment helped a little but I was still in enough pain that I decided not to go in to work. I didn't think standing all night would be a good idea and since I was having a hard time just moving around I stayed home.

I hope the chiropractor session today will help and that I can go to work tonight.

This sounds really painful, Linda. I hope a few sessions will do the trick. Resting is really good, so don't feel bad if you have to miss work again. It's a good investment in your body.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    4q9uc2nu4xk3.jpg
    ~ Weigh Days ~

Wednesday
    @Freeglerock
    @melaniedscott
    @tryingagain5

Thursday
    @Ljdanny
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    @pacsnc6
    @mxlaw90

Friday
    @hope002
    @cafelelia
    @lennoncpa
    @lenka1
    @1theresamcvean
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @kiane50
    @Sleepymom5
    @Ingute2020
    @Sunshinegal19

Earlier This Week:
    @loseitwithbee - Sunday
    @FoodieNo1 - Sunday
    @jedaschultz - Monday
    @podperson1 - Monday
    @mainebeachbum - Monday

Be sure to let us know if you need to be excused for a week!
    Remember: Two weeks without a weigh in will lead to being removed from the group!
  • tryingagain5
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    I see you have me listed as not weighing in yet. Not sure if you saw my post earlier this morning. Since I stayed home from work last night I weighed in this morning instead of late afternoon like I usually do.
  • tryingagain5
    @1theresamcvean
    It is pretty painful but I'm having a hard time figuring out if it's a little better or not. I think this is the worst I've had it in a long time since I can't remember the last time I actually stayed home from work for it.

Thanks, I hope a few sessions will help too. Was already having trouble with exercise because of my knee and this feels worse and I miss high intensity exercise.

Thanks. I know I shouldn't feel guilty about staying home but I guess that's just me. I'm usually at work unless something is really wrong with me and I'm pretty sure this qualifies. Going to nap now in case I do decide to go in but right now I'm leaning toward staying home one more night.
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Please add me to your Monday weigh-in list. I posted mine Monday morning. Page 7 of this thread. Thanks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited December 2020
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    I see you have me listed as not weighing in yet. Not sure if you saw my post earlier this morning. Since I stayed home from work last night I weighed in this morning instead of late afternoon like I usually do.

I saw it! I was lazy and just copy-pasted the people who said they weigh in Wednesdays - Fridays and didn't go back through and remove any names that already weighed in today.

KristieJC wrote: »
    Please add me to your Monday weigh-in list. I posted mine Monday morning. Page 7 of this thread. Thanks!

Yep! Saw your weigh-in, you're all set!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    @kandi3570 congrats on your amazing loss!

I’m going to be heading out for dinner tonight with the hubs. I had a job interview this morning and feeling relief that I’m done with that ! : )
This discussion has been closed.