The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Just turned 44 looking for motivation!! Add me!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Not to sound too morbid, but a few days ago a man who is the same age as me died suddenly. Usually death is just somebody's bad news, but when it is someone who I've known a long time, it feels completely different.

When we look around and consider the children of people in our generation are all grown up, and some of the grandchildren aren't newborn babes anymore, we realize we're on the way out.
  • rosie1angel
    rosie1angel Posts: 11 Member
    46 Add me
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Morning my lovelies and happy Friday to you!
    WFH today, so bun-on-head, glasses and sports leggings. Fat Cat is snoozing, the kittens are racing each other, I have a gingerbread wax melt nearby, so I'm all content.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Happy Fri-yay! Luna, it's always wfh for me, so yeah...joggers, hoodie, and messy bun is my life. Plus yelling at the kids to get on their zoom calls with teachers.

Coffee is being sipped, emails being read and lets DO THIS!! Have an amazing day all!! And anyone can feel free to add me if they choose!
  • TonyB0588
    You two are so lucky. My boss suddenly got paranoid about anyone working where he can't see them.
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Not to sound too morbid, but a few days ago a man who is the same age as me died suddenly. Usually death is just somebody's bad news, but when it is someone who I've known a long time, it feels completely different.

When we look around and consider the children of people in our generation are all grown up, and some of the grandchildren aren't newborn babes anymore, we realize we're on the way out.

I’m not letting that prospect slow down. The deal was always that at some point we all check out. I’m just gonna have the most fun I can while I still can: swimming, running, walking, hiking, blading, dancing, eating. I want to do it all: cross-country skiing, snowboarding.
    If you know anyone in need of active companionship and/or willing & able to sponsor me, let me know!
  • jimculler1
    jimculler1 Posts: 11 Member
    Hey guys. I'm new to MFP, and 42 years old. My personal trainer recommended this, and I must say that logging everything that I've eaten has helped me make better decisions. I'm really good all day usually....but after 8pm I will screw up if I'm not careful. Anyways, add me if you want a new friend please.
  • I am 42 and starting to track and work out more regularly. I am wanting to eat more within my calorie range so I can lose those last 5 pounds. Looking for friends in similar situation and how you navigated to get to your goal!
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 228 Member
    Former member 0f the 100 pound loss club, then missed food and put 100 pounds back on.

Here to make lasting changes. Been quite ill so had a head start, dont take life anywhere as serious as I should. Follow me if you want jokes, motivation and a great laugh
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Oh dear what a week,
    Added what I thought was leeks to a meal and found out it was cabbage then today used up all the green beans but when I ate them found out they were red hot chillies,hubby laughed till he cried, I really need to label things lol!
    Weight static 😭😭
  • I'm due to turn 40 in 2 months, my weight has been going up over the past few years with my health going in the opposite direction.

Looking to make a change now rather than waiting and saying i'll do something next year.

Will need some help staying on the right track, have made efforts in the past and ended up giving up after a few weeks at most.

I'm from Doncaster in the UK, looking for a support network to help me achieve... please feel free to add as a friend, regardless of location.

Take care and stay safe.
  • TonyB0588
    1HugoG wrote: »

I’m not letting that prospect slow down. The deal was always that at some point we all check out. I’m just gonna have the most fun I can while I still can: swimming, running, walking, hiking, blading, dancing, eating. I want to do it all: cross-country skiing, snowboarding.
    If you know anyone in need of active companionship and/or willing & able to sponsor me, let me know!

Wow!! I love your attitude. 👍🏼
  • TonyB0588
    Former member 0f the 100 pound loss club, then missed food and put 100 pounds back on.

Here to make lasting changes. Been quite ill so had a head start, dont take life anywhere as serious as I should. Follow me if you want jokes, motivation and a great laugh

Congrats to you on doing it the first time. Sure you can do it again.

Sometimes I feel guilty being on this site. I can't relate to the 100lb scenario. I lost 10lbs as intended, but my struggle is with the 5lbs that keep on coming back.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,194 Member

Sometimes I feel guilty being on this site. I can't relate to the 100lb scenario. I lost 10lbs as intended, but my struggle is with the 5lbs that keep on coming back.

I know I have 10lbs to lose but stuck lol
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member

I did put on 100 lbs (extra for my frame and height). I’ve since lost 30 of them. So it’s doable both ways, but it takes work. 1 trick that has worked for me so far is to think of the INDISPENSABLE work as fun.

My goal is to lose the rest and run a marathon in the next 3 years.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Been up since 4am. :#
  • cgrout78
    Happy Monday all....can someone loan me some motivation until my own kicks in? Pretty please?
  • cgrout78
    1HugoG wrote: »

I did put on 100 lbs (extra for my frame and height). I’ve since lost 30 of them. So it’s doable both ways, but it takes work. 1 trick that has worked for me so far is to think of the INDISPENSABLE work as fun.

My goal is to lose the rest and run a marathon in the next 3 years.

running a marathon is a crazy cool goal!!
  • Hey you guys , feel free to add me as well. Embarking on my 2021 campaign