What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Eating lunch
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Amusing the kitten with the moving arrow on the screen.
  • LynNite
    LynNite Posts: 68 Member
    Taking a project management certification exam... oof
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    *sip* ☕
  • Digesting a Tex-Mex wrap of homemade Mexican rice and homemade taco beef, with pico de gallo, and waiting for the kettle to boil for more hot tea.
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Still fING working!!! Gahhhhh
  • Listening to this Gojira song while I wait for Joe Bob's Christmas Special to start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrfr9t6FuTU
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Fighting the urge to “rest my eyes”. 😴
  • Caramelizing onions.
  • Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Listening to the endless crying of the stray cat I let in my house. He's turned up on my doorstep multiple times and it's cold outside. He's upset because we gave him a flea bath and he's secluded to the bathroom.
    When he's not in the bathroom and we have our other cats put up in thier own room, he's super happy and affectionate. We took him to see if he was microchipped, he's not. He's in tact still so he'll be upset about getting fixed. 😾
    I'm sitting here wondering if I should take on a fourth cat. I could take him to the pound but I imagine they're overwhelmed with animals at this point in time. My mom would probably take him but my brother has dumped animals on her all the time and I only want her to have him if she really wants him and not out of guilt.
    Then there's the option of getting him fixed and vaccinated and trying to find him a home myself. My big dream is to run a rescue one day and that's only going to work if I don't personally adopt every cat. 😅
    ...🤔 He is very beautiful though....😅😅😅. ....must...resist.....becoming.....an actual....crazy cat lady...

You have a fourth cat.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    Watching movie!
  • KosmosKitten
    Fighting the urge to fall asleep due to insomnia I've had for three weeks. Sad thing is, once bed time comes around, either my brain will activate and not allow me to sleep or my husband will snore and keep me up or the cats will decide bed time is the perfect time to practice making thunder noises between our room and the computer room.

I just can't win.
  • Sharsou
    Fighting the urge to fall asleep due to insomnia I've had for three weeks. Sad thing is, once bed time comes around, either my brain will activate and not allow me to sleep or my husband will snore and keep me up or the cats will decide bed time is the perfect time to practice making thunder noises between our room and the computer room.

I just can't win.

Then you should sleep whenever u can.. it will help you to relax!
  • KosmosKitten
    Sharsou wrote: »

I just can't win.

If I sleep whenever I can, it messes up my actual sleep schedule more. IE. I'd be awake at 2AM because I "napped" for 5 hours earlier.

Sometimes I catch an hour nap, but most of the time, no.
  • Sharsou

I just can't win.

If I sleep whenever I can, it messes up my actual sleep schedule more. IE. I'd be awake at 2AM because I "napped" for 5 hours earlier.

Insomnia is a difficult thing to handle.. I’m sure there must some techniques to handle it.
  • KosmosKitten

I just can't win.

Insomnia is a difficult thing to handle.. I’m sure there must some techniques to handle it.

There are; they just don't always work. Mine's related to the "fight or flight" response from general anxiety, so that usually means blocking out all sound in any way possible and blocking out light. Melatonin sometimes helps, but it's really blocking out sounds (for me) that does it. Some days that's easier than others. :)
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Building a bed frame for my youngest.

And trying out my new early Christmas present... A lovely cordless drill. *pumps trigger and smiles happily*
  • Sharsou wrote: »

I just can't win.

There are; they just don't always work. Mine's related to the "fight or flight" response from general anxiety, so that usually means blocking out all sound in any way possible and blocking out light. Melatonin sometimes helps, but it's really blocking out sounds (for me) that does it. Some days that's easier than others. :)

My boyfriend is on clonidine for that anxiety response. It helps that. Also helpful are edibles, I understand.
  • KosmosKitten

I just can't win.

My boyfriend is on clonidine for that anxiety response. It helps that. Also helpful are edibles, I understand.

I've not heard of Clonidine before, but I've been on other anti-anxiety meds before. They helped, but I really disliked their side-effects and didn't feel it was worth it (one I couldn't breathe well at all, so that was a big giant NO for me). The edibles one, sadly I can't do because my spouse is military. It could get him in trouble job-wise. :(

Otherwise, I would totally try them out.