2020 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• cdg122059
    cdg122059 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello all!! I'm new here too. I started on 9-16 and also started working with a personal trainer on that same day. Since I've started I have lost 15 lbs and about 4-5 inches overall. I will say the workouts seem to be easier to me than the calorie counting. I LOVE FOOD!! I'm getting the hang of MFP, slowly. I started adding everything I eat as a brand new food, it is more time consuming, but I feel, for me, it is more accurate than trying to find the right foods on the searches.
    Hoping to get lots of inspiration and motivation from all of you.

Have a great night!!
  • lgluck2
    lgluck2 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! I am not exactly a noob I have been here before. But I figured new year, new me....Please feel free to add me. I could use some like minded friends to keep me accountable :)
  • schmusty
    schmusty Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I’ve been using MFP for a while but pretty spotty in actually tracking - gotten serious about it now. Have over 100 pounds to lose and definitely looking for more friends on here! :smile:
  • pbellis317
    pbellis317 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, I am not great at using boards, but I am giving it a try. I guess what I have learned in my first week is to be aware of what I am putting into my body and learning to live with the decisions I make. The most telling part is realizing that I do not need as many calories as I thought I did and feel satisfied with the food I am consuming. I am learning to designate when i am hungry and when what my body is telling me it needs is hydration. It is good to be in control of something in this age of the pandemic.
  • 22Callisto22
    22Callisto22 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all. I’ve been trying this since 6th Oct & have lost 6.5 lbs. I feel that’s a little slow as I wanted to lose 2lb a week. However, I’m always hungry. I’m drinking and have started jogging now, but trying to stick to 2000 calories is really hard as what I’m having isn’t filling me up.

I can only eat peanuts & pistachios & they’re quite fatty I understand. I stick to 5%fat mean unless I’m having steak. And rarely eat anything fried. It’s snacks that get me.

Today I have had
    Cereal with semi skimmed milk fir breakfast.

3 rice cakes with sardines for lunch
    A coffee & 4 sugar free cookies

Dinner was twice cooked chips, boiled and roasted with fry light spray, and S slimming world curry.

I had a scoop of ice cream and some crisps and dip as a treat. However I am famished. I feel like I could eat a full breakfast. It’s so frustrating.

Please advise.
  • Snyoung86
    Snyoung86 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone. This is probably the 10th time I have downloaded this MFP app. So here we go again! I need exercise friends. I need someone to hold me accountable and go for a walk with me or go to the gym. I live in Benton Arkansas. Roughly 315 lbs. I have a 1.5 year old son that I HAVE to get healthy for. I’m an emotional and bored eater.
  • Tanooki12331
    Tanooki12331 Posts: 1 Member
    HI! Day 1 for me. Using myfitnesspal as this community as insperation
  • sunrisecurrie
    sunrisecurrie Posts: 1 Member
    Newbie here, trying to lose a bit of weight and get fit, this covid has me house bound, and sitting alot, need to get moving for sure. Wish me luck!!!
  • insertbeer
    insertbeer Posts: 43 Member
    Wishing everyone success on their fitness journeys! I hope I can offer support and be supported as well. Trying to get my mom to join soon too. She lost 40lbs one time just tracking her calories alone. I have to start lifting again and riding my bike more. Have a great day!
  • singhjasmeet1
    singhjasmeet1 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi! Kinda Newbie here,
    Started using MFP two months ago, to keep track of my food and workout.
    It is a hell of a task to update the food and exercise diary, but my OCD is keeping me hooked :smiley:

MFP App is not supported on my iPhone 6 :( do we have an old version of App I can use?
  • kacanakya16
    kacanakya16 Posts: 13 Member
    Hello!
    I've been overweight for at least 10 years and this year I'm 3kg away from obesity. Now I'm trying to lose 10kg.

I'm a casual runner so I'm focusing on making it a routine, along with weight training.
    My biggest obstacle is my depression and emotional eating habit.

Today I felt especially terrible about my failure in weight loss so I'm joining this community to get my self back up and change that "failure" into a "journey to success."

Cheers
  • merdenoms1969
    merdenoms1969 Posts: 11 Member
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm new here. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I'm looking forward to a new year on MFP.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi all. I’ve been trying this since 6th Oct & have lost 6.5 lbs. I feel that’s a little slow as I wanted to lose 2lb a week. However, I’m always hungry. I’m drinking and have started jogging now, but trying to stick to 2000 calories is really hard as what I’m having isn’t filling me up.

I can only eat peanuts & pistachios & they’re quite fatty I understand. I stick to 5%fat mean unless I’m having steak. And rarely eat anything fried. It’s snacks that get me.

Today I have had
    Cereal with semi skimmed milk fir breakfast.

3 rice cakes with sardines for lunch
    A coffee & 4 sugar free cookies

Dinner was twice cooked chips, boiled and roasted with fry light spray, and S slimming world curry.

I had a scoop of ice cream and some crisps and dip as a treat. However I am famished. I feel like I could eat a full breakfast. It’s so frustrating.

Please advise.

Satiety is a funny thing, as it does vary from person to person what works best. I eat a mostly plant-based diet but I do eat fish and dairy yogurt. Through trial and error, I have found that, for me, I cannot and should not avoid fat all the time. Fat and protein are actually what make me feel full. OTOH I do eat a mostly plant-based diet so I love and eat lots of carbs. I just try to stay away from refined carbs and sugars. As soon as I put one cookie in my mouth I am DOOMED, lol.

But that's just me. Some people may find complex carbs more satiating than fat or protein. The nice thing about keeping a food diary is that it helps you see where patterns are emerging. On days when you are hungriest, what you are eating can be just as important as what you are not eating.
  • eijaj
    eijaj Posts: 20 Member
    38 year old from Finland here. I started at 114 kg in the spring of 2020, with a goal to lose 20 kg (seemed like a huuuge lose at the time). Now that 16 kg is gone so easily, I needed to adjust the goal to -30 kg, and we will see what happens when I am closer to that :)

I´m lazy, so I can´t be bothered to go through a diet first and then learn how to eat right, so I thought I just skipped the dieting part and started to eat as I think a 20 kg lighter and healthier person would, the way I am willing to eat for years to come. Seems to work for now: weight is going down and I still get to eat pizza and chocolate every now and then, and my body gets veggies and other good stuff every day. Win-Win-Win.

I have been keeping a food diary since the beginning, updated recently to use MFP to make it easier.
  • jillplus3loves
    jillplus3loves Posts: 5 Member
    Just started today and hoping this is something I will actually stick with. I’m going to post in the community hoping it helps to keep me accountable.
  • jillplus3loves
    jillplus3loves Posts: 5 Member
    Where do you update your status? Can’t find that feature. TIA! 😀
  • Toupsmc
    Toupsmc Posts: 5 Member
    What
  • AIMDAIM
    AIMDAIM Posts: 9 Member
    Hello! I'm 19 years old, I've been on this application for a few years and lost 20 kilograms with the help of it but I deleted it and my account afterwards and took a break during quarantine. We're in quarantine still, but I want to start fresh again - so I'm looking for some friends! ☺️🤗
  • Katexlouise1986
    Katexlouise1986 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey im new joined up ready for 2021 feel free to add and help each other :)
  • cmc07928
    cmc07928 Posts: 1 Member
    Looking for a get-healthy buddy ☺️
This discussion has been closed.