What do you guys like to eat on your birthday?

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I am pleased if I get to celebrate it dinning out in a nice restaurant. Not only for the food but because it is a good reason for not having to spend time in the kitchen. But like @yirara, for me it is just another day. It used to be more important when I was younger; now not so much. But I do greet family and friends on their birthdays because I know that the day is important to all of them.

This year my husband and I went for breakfast because the coffee shop/restaurant had a great front lawn with plenty of room for open seating and eating, and the weather was great. Glad that we did because all indoor and outdoor dinning was closed few days after that. I don't' care for cake and I haven't had one in years, I don't crave or miss it.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Not a big birthday celebrator here either. I tend to think of it as a children's holiday.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2020
    I celebrate the big 4-0 in a couple of months, and that will likely be still be during lockdown.Especially after this past year, I'm of the opinion that life is short, so every year I'm alive and well is something worth celebrating. I really haven't thought about what I want, but I know I'm always down for some curry. Cake for sure!!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    I celebrate the big 4-0 in a couple of months, and that will likely be still be during lockdown.Especially after this past year, I'm of the opinion that life is short, so every year I'm alive and well is something worth celebrating. I really haven't thought about what I want, but I know I'm always down for some curry. Cake for sure!!

My next b-day is going to be the big 4-0 also. I can barely type it, lol. NOT looking forward to that number at all. It's weird. Even though I see that number approaching, I don't feel like that number. Ugh! Only 7 short more months to go (July).
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited December 2020
    Well, for my last birthday I got together with some friends, drank a medically unrecommended amount of alcohol and... uh... memory gets a bit fuzzy but I picked up a pizza at some point on my way home, got through a slice and half before passing out and ate most of it the next day to help with the hangover. It was pretty gross.

As a once-a-year thing... 10/10.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I think I had steak or salmon with coconut shrimp. Hubby usually gets me a special dessert.
  • dragon_girl26

My next b-day is going to be the big 4-0 also. I can barely type it, lol. NOT looking forward to that number at all. It's weird. Even though I see that number approaching, I don't feel like that number. Ugh! Only 7 short more months to go (July).

😂 I know exactly what you mean. I've gotten to the point where I've had to remind myself that things I remember as five years ago...are actually from like 20 years ago. 🙃 People keep telling me their 40s were better than their 30s..so..one can only hope!
  • dragon_girl26
    edited December 2020
    amart4224 wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    What I find funny is that people actually disagree when other state they personally think their birthday is overrated. People denying others their opinion? Come on guys, that's beyond silly :D

I'm not one of the disagrees, but I will say those comments come across as wet blanket-y and irrelevant to the thread. Posting that you don't do anything different on your birthday, on a thread specifically asking about eating differently on your birthday, is a bit like me going to a "what do you put in your coffee" thread and commenting that I don't drink coffee.

Not a disagree either, but +1 with this..plus I'd also respectfully point out that disagreement doesn't deny anyone their opinion. They just disagree with it.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Cake....all the cakes lol ... Vanilla with Chocolate Buttercream is my favorite, but I’ve never met a Cake I didn’t like 🎂🎉
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I usually like to have something I don't eat normally, whether that's a big seafood dinner or sushi with sake, or (this year) ordering non-typical for me sides, like a brick of hot fresh onion rings with my usual pulled pork and collard greens. Yum!!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    What I find funny is that people actually disagree when other state they personally think their birthday is overrated. People denying others their opinion? Come on guys, that's beyond silly :D

I'm not one of the disagrees, but I will say those comments come across as wet blanket-y and irrelevant to the thread. Posting that you don't do anything different on your birthday, on a thread specifically asking about eating differently on your birthday, is a bit like me going to a "what do you put in your coffee" thread and commenting that I don't drink coffee.

This ^
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

😂 I know exactly what you mean. I've gotten to the point where I've had to remind myself that things I remember as five years ago...are actually from like 20 years ago. 🙃 People keep telling me their 40s were better than their 30s..so..one can only hope!

They are for me haha
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

That wasn't the question tho. It was a very general "what do you eat and do you log it" question.

It's still dumb for people to disagree but personally I think there's a serial disagreer amongst us.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    7 PB&J cupcakes lined up in a row with a bottle of water and the carb police banging on my door.

Maybe if you'd offer them a cupcake, they'd leave you alone.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    If my hubby takes me out it is at our favorite pizza/greek restaurant that sells these amazing cheese stick calzone things with a white cheese sauce on the inside yummmo. We will probably have cheesecake or our 10 year old will make what I want 💙
    If we stay home it's creamy chicken enchiladas with mexi rice and corn
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Last birthday I had bagels with cream cheese and salmon for breakfast, Indian for lunch and Mexican for dinner. The year before that, I had a big breakfast (bacon, eggs, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, toast, english breakfast tea, hashbrowns etc), ribs for lunch and kids platters for dinner. Both years I had a high tea the day before.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I love afternoon get togethers - lots of snacky/munchie types of stuff and some sweet bites too. Wine too of course! lol and a home baked cake 🎂

Happy birthday Alexa - Hope you enjoy) You'll have to share what you decided on doing
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    A whole lot of alchohol!🤣🤣🤣