2021 Calendar

NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
edited December 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been making my own calendar for a few years now. It gives me an excuse to reflect on the year that's gone by, to remember some of my favorite hikes, and it gives me something to do on cold, rainy November evenings. You should make one if you haven't already. A few of my friends make their own calendars too, it provides all of us with some motivation sometimes to drive a little further and do a more scenic hike.

2020 was a dumpster fire of a year, I didn't get out as much as I normally like to because of covid and other reasons on top of it. And if that wasn't bad enough, we didn't have a single day of healthy air in September. I kept going back and forth between using an ugly photo from September that reflects our experience, or a pretty photo from another month. I went ugly.

Anyway I thought I'd share the selection of pics I've come up with.

(For the record, these are not for sale. Sorry.)

Cover
50136335792_0ddb1a4eba_o_d.jpg

January
49417753761_20af07ab2a_o_d.jpg

February
49417782806_2a710fc3f7_o_d.jpg

... or ...

50658096921_fe4012f361_o_d.jpg

March
49855862126_81cd1a1650_o_d.jpg

April
49965521218_edfd13af97_o_d.jpg

May
48419888436_5f1c32718e_o_d.jpg

June
50083987537_7841c063ce_o_d.jpg

July
50131546093_7a92a92f91_o_d.jpg

August
50183625407_73858d137e_o_d.jpg

September
50403289406_ef21862cdc_o_d.jpg

Larchtober
50433957273_04a120492e_o_d.jpg

November
50586098951_b82ba78820_o_d.jpg

... or ...

50670171248_9582a2e27c_o_d.jpg

December
49417278103_f40ff410e0_o_d.jpg

Back Cover
49417782481_af10575923_o_d.jpg

Replies

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Love these night sky photos. We do a photo of our kids and also follow the months from the previous year. Not a lot of pics to choose from in 2020, most taken within a few miles from home!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Lovely!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I also like to make calendars of my photos each year. I often make for friends I’ve done activities with. They’re always appreciated and a lot of fun! My pics aren’t nearly as nice as yours🤗
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    (When you want to click disagree on the OP because you want a pretty calendar...) 😒

I try so hard to not be jealous in life but this? This is hard.

And what is this June creature? It looks mythically wonderful!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Wonderful photos!!
  • NorthCascades
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I also like to make calendars of my photos each year. I often make for friends I’ve done activities with. They’re always appreciated and a lot of fun! My pics aren’t nearly as nice as yours🤗

I grew up in Connecticut, I moved to the west coast after school to do some volunteer work and loved it here. I send calendars back east and that's given me an ulterior motive, I like to show off the scenery we enjoy here. 🙂 I give a few to friends I hike and ride with too, actually most years we trade.
  • NorthCascades
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    (When you want to click disagree on the OP because you want a pretty calendar...) 😒

I try so hard to not be jealous in life but this? This is hard.

And what is this June creature? It looks mythically wonderful!

Thank you for the kind words!! 🙂

That's a mountain goat. They're pretty common here. They don't get enough salt in their diet, and have strong cravings, so they get real happy when humans come around. More than anything they want you to put your backpack down so they can chew on the delicious, sweaty straps. This one is shredding her winter coat. She was foraging in a camp near the trail, I waited a moment to make sure she was ok with my presence before walking by, and she hammed it up for the camera. 🙂
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »

I grew up in Connecticut, I moved to the west coast after school to do some volunteer work and loved it here. I send calendars back east and that's given me an ulterior motive, I like to show off the scenery we enjoy here. 🙂 I give a few to friends I hike and ride with too, actually most years we trade.

Spectacular photos! As a Connecticut resident, I understand the motivation for mailing back east, lol. Quite different and very cool.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    Wow, fantastic. How in the world did you get two meteor images? Fantastic light.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    November is my birthday month. That Maxfield Parrish mountain/trees photo: Pick that one. Or send it to me, as a birthday present. So beautiful!
  • NorthCascades
    Wow, fantastic. How in the world did you get two meteor images? Fantastic light.

Those were actually 20 minutes apart. The first one was from the top of that tower. I thought I should get one more before I left with the tower in it, I set the tripod up low, didn't even look through the viewfinder to frame it, I guess that one was meant to be.
  • NorthCascades
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    November is my birthday month. That Maxfield Parrish mountain/trees photo: Pick that one. Or send it to me, as a birthday present. So beautiful!

I love Maxfield Parrish! Fantastic scenes, and I love the colors he used, especially the blues. Gorgeous skis, and lakes reflecting those skies.

Do you mean the November one?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I love Maxfield Parrish! Fantastic scenes, and I love the colors he used, especially the blues. Gorgeous skis, and lakes reflecting those skies.

Do you mean the November one?

Yes, absolutely, November. Those look very much like Maxfield Parrish colors, to me, and the amazing fading and blending from one color to another. (Compare some of his landscapes.) Almost unbelieveable lighting, but so lovely!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Beautiful images, thanks for sharing. You have a talent for photography.

Do you ever do any black and white pictures?
    I find them very atmospheric for winter scenes, in the style of Ansel Adams perhaps.....

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Great pictures, especially the mountain goat!
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Nice images. I like July and August the best. If you live near the Cascades, I'm a bit jealous. Beautiful land up that way.