Calling all runners...

For all runners. No matter what age, what level. Surround yourself here with other runners. Feel free to comment, introduce urself and add each other for endless inspiration. I'm new to running at 37 years old and I have no idea how this is going to pan out, but I have heard that runners are like one big family so lets support each other.

Replies

• KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Welcome. Its been a journey but I'm totally in love!
  • Yiara, I think we're in the same club. I did feel a great sense of achievement though after my run today.
  • Hellllo!
  • Hey there ! :)
  • RunWithBees, hi there. I have just bought some new Karrimor trainers (for road/tarmac). I'd like to eventually do some full on trail running. What footwear do u use?
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited December 2020
    Runner here and I started a little later too, mid thirties! Running is my addiction. Feel free to add me!

Adding: I ran my first Marathon this year, Austin Marathon in February, and I was training for 2021 until it was cancelled/date changed and downgraded to Half. I deferred it and now I'm looking forward to Texas Trail Running Festival Marathon 2021!
  • LoveyChar wrote: »
    Runner here and I started a little later too, mid thirties! Running is my addiction. Feel free to add me!

Adding: I ran my first Marathon this year, Austin Marathon in February, and I was training for 2021 until it was cancelled/date changed and downgraded to Half. I deferred it and now I'm looking forward to Texas Trail Running Festival Marathon 2021!

Don't forget about tejas trails they're still doing races too !
  • LoveyChar
    edited December 2020
    heytimsla wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »

Loving it, they are! They're running at least one every month. That's who's putting on the festival!

I see that you're a trail runner!
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    I like to think of myself as a runner - more thinking than doing a lot of the time though! When I get into it I love it, but I get out of the habit easily and then I have to start again, I must have done C25K at least 6 times.... I’m back at it again this year now the temperature has cooled down in South Florida.Hoping this will be the time it sticks!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,387 Member
    Yiara, I think we're in the same club. I did feel a great sense of achievement though after my run today.

Fantastic! Btw, I do love you username!

• LoveyChar
    dewd2 wrote: »
    heytimsla wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »

I'll be running Bandera 100k on Jan 9th. I think there's still a few spots open :D

One day I'll run it, that's a dream of mine...