What's on your mind?

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    A couple of little girls and their sweet mom(former daycare family) just stopped outside my house; I was able to see their beautiful happy little faces for a few minutes and it made my whole day. <3 Miss them so much.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Just realized that I have/may have a thing for beards with a hint of grey hair. But, like, just 3 or 4 unruly ones. This may require future research in 2021.

Sidenote: As a child, I also used to pluck my cousin's off-colored hair from her scalp whenever we had sleepovers so...correlation or predictive behavior? 🤷🏾‍♀️

Good to know that beards with gray arent all that bad to some. I shaved mine off because i wasnt sure about the gray....

I LOVE beards with grey.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I am straddling the thin line between severe depression and a desire to become more than I am or ever will be.

Knowing that I can never escape either only cements the depression I feel in every fiber of my being.

The dreary weather the last two days probably has not helped.

https://youtu.be/UzSTJFSUqdU

Sent to you @KosmosKitten with nothing but love for you and your struggles
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @Kosmoskitten Every single day is filled with ups and downs; having depression makes it worse because you can't predict which day it's going to become. :( And so many of those good suggestions 'journal, walk, eat for health, sleep, avoid caffeine, etc., etc.' can only do so much.
    The only thing that has helped me keep a somewhat even mood has been medication. Without it, I have no clue where I'd be right now. If you haven't been on any meds., are you willing to try them? Or counseling? You don't have to answer, just asking.

It's such a damn hard road to travel because a lot of people don't understand if they don't experience it for themselves and it makes you feel completely alone and helpless.
    Keep hanging in there, stay strong and courageous and do what you can when you can. I know you've been taking walks and hope that that is helping. Taking that 1st step is difficult when those feelings of 'why bother' appear.

One foot in front of another. <3
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    I am straddling the thin line between severe depression and a desire to become more than I am or ever will be.

Knowing that I can never escape either only cements the depression I feel in every fiber of my being.

The dreary weather the last two days probably has not helped.

I wish I had words to fix this. I know that some days the hole feels too deep to climb out of, and some days it looks shallow, but gravity feels heavier and its keeping you down. The cloudy days and colder weather do not help. 😔

When the days are darkest, do you have any small joys that you can focus on? Any little things that can comfort you? For me... Sitting on the floor in the corner of the kitchen by the heater... It's a small thing, but it warms me up (literally and figuratively) and it's physical contact on a few sides. It's not much, but the comfort and familiarity does help.

A purring kitten is also proven therapy.

And the love of friends... Which is here for you in spades.

I cannot change this for you, but I can sit beside you and keep you company. And send you lots of love from me and my furbabies ❤️
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Kosmoskitten Every single day is filled with ups and downs; having depression makes it worse because you can't predict which day it's going to become. :( And so many of those good suggestions 'journal, walk, eat for health, sleep, avoid caffeine, etc., etc.' can only do so much.
    The only thing that has helped me keep a somewhat even mood has been medication. Without it, I have no clue where I'd be right now. If you haven't been on any meds., are you willing to try them? Or counseling? You don't have to answer, just asking.

It's such a damn hard road to travel because a lot of people don't understand if they don't experience it for themselves and it makes you feel completely alone and helpless.
    Keep hanging in there, stay strong and courageous and do what you can when you can. I know you've been taking walks and hope that that is helping. Taking that 1st step is difficult when those feelings of 'why bother' appear.

Yesterday on my walk, I was overcome by such a profound sadness that tears were falling as I walked. I cannot explain what brought it on (as I do not know), but I was consumed with such an overwhelming and dark desire to just end my time on this planet. It wasn't brought on by anything that I can recall. Sure, bad things have happened this year and they've been tough to deal with, but this just blindsided me. Thoughts that dark and suicidal have not graced me with their presence since I was 20.

Those things you suggest are great things to practice, but for a person with crippling depression not governed by anything actually going on in their lives, it can be hard to practice consistently.

As far as medication, I've been on various forms over the years, but they either taper off after about a year or they have such negative side-effects that I stop taking them. It is the same for anxiety medication; some are okay and do well for a time, but taper off and stop working or the side-effect is that I feel like an emotionless robot or that I can't breathe.. or that I can't feel anything physically/sexually (which is really disconcerting if it's never happened to you). I might have to look into going back onto some form of them though as I don't think upping my Vitamin D and B Complex + walking + food logging is consistently working.

I do feel as though there's just something fundamentally wrong with me. That I'm less than human because I can't just will or power my way through my issue. I'm mostly just trudging along, trying to stay afloat.

Hugs hon. When you're at this point, wouldn't counseling help? Please, please, try.... this will pass. You just need to find the key. Continue the search, you are so worth it.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Yesterday on my walk, I was overcome by such a profound sadness that tears were falling as I walked. I cannot explain what brought it on (as I do not know), but I was consumed with such an overwhelming and dark desire to just end my time on this planet. It wasn't brought on by anything that I can recall. Sure, bad things have happened this year and they've been tough to deal with, but this just blindsided me. Thoughts that dark and suicidal have not graced me with their presence since I was 20.

Those things you suggest are great things to practice, but for a person with crippling depression not governed by anything actually going on in their lives, it can be hard to practice consistently.

As far as medication, I've been on various forms over the years, but they either taper off after about a year or they have such negative side-effects that I stop taking them. It is the same for anxiety medication; some are okay and do well for a time, but taper off and stop working or the side-effect is that I feel like an emotionless robot or that I can't breathe.. or that I can't feel anything physically/sexually (which is really disconcerting if it's never happened to you). I might have to look into going back onto some form of them though as I don't think upping my Vitamin D and B Complex + walking + food logging is consistently working.

I do feel as though there's just something fundamentally wrong with me. That I'm less than human because I can't just will or power my way through my issue. I'm mostly just trudging along, trying to stay afloat.

Hugs hon. When you're at this point, wouldn't counseling help? Please, please, try.... this will pass. You just need to find the key. Continue the search, you are so worth it.

I might consider it again, honestly. I haven't had the best of luck with therapy, but that's due to a conflict of personality between myself an whoever the therapist happens to be.

Depends on who/what I can get access to, given my area and all the Covid related stuff, which has shut down a lot of places in my area (rising cases again).
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

How challenging it must be to be feeling this way even when others consider you in such high regard. Our brains aren't kind to us sometimes. 🤗
  • Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    g0rj0c44333t.jpeg

The stray we're naming Pierre. He's definitely a house cat and not a street cat. All he wants to do all day is get petted and cuddle.

Don’t we all
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    g0rj0c44333t.jpeg

The stray we're naming Pierre. He's definitely a house cat and not a street cat. All he wants to do all day is get petted and cuddle.

Don’t we all

And eat chicken
  • KosmosKitten
    g0rj0c44333t.jpeg

Too cute! Seems like a pretty brilliant stroke of luck to be gifted with such a cute "stray"! :heart:
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    g0rj0c44333t.jpeg

Too cute! Seems like a pretty brilliant stroke of luck to be gifted with such a cute "stray"! :heart:

Lol maybe we stole him idk but I think he was probably recently abandoned. He's skinny and his whiskers are half broken off. He was filthy before we gave him bath and yet he had no fleas. So 🤷🏻‍♀️ but he likes it here.
  • KosmosKitten
    g0rj0c44333t.jpeg

Lol maybe we stole him idk but I think he was probably recently abandoned. He's skinny and his whiskers are half broken off. He was filthy before we gave him bath and yet he had no fleas. So 🤷🏻‍♀️ but he likes it here.

Ah, a pet rescue angel then? :wink:

Either way, you both win. He's a lovely addition to your furry family.
    I say as I watch our kitten chew on the arm of a computer chair with abandon. :expressionless:
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    2 glasses of wine and my head hurts, it's been a while 🙈😂

That was me with whiskey and bourbon at the start the pandemic. Much has changed since then. Hang in there lol