The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    This week i aim to be positive although fridge is filling up with goodies, so I need to do at least 2 yoga workouts, 2 pilates and get some weight training in too!

• LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Urgh I'm so over this Monday already, still 3 hours to go in work but just cannot be bothered.
    Good news is that I'm finishing up for 2 weeks this Friday, bad news is that I'm still awaiting some very much overdue online shopping that's to be delivered here in work. Bloody better arrive this week, come on Santa!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    uy2c8em3un8n.jpg
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Urgh I'm so over this Monday already, still 3 hours to go in work but just cannot be bothered.
    Good news is that I'm finishing up for 2 weeks this Friday, bad news is that I'm still awaiting some very much overdue online shopping that's to be delivered here in work. Bloody better arrive this week, come on Santa!

i'm waiting for online delivery for few things too, and just got a notice from Zulily that some of my things are delayed but HOPING to get here before christmas. So I just give my kids an IOU?
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »

i'm waiting for online delivery for few things too, and just got a notice from Zulily that some of my things are delayed but HOPING to get here before christmas. So I just give my kids an IOU?

Exactly! And it's not that I left it last minute either, postal services are completely overwhelmed with deliveries, but I can't help thinking, come on, Covid has been here for a while now, you could've known.
  • larrydutton5250
    larrydutton5250 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, started this December 3rd. Hope I can stick to my diet through the up coming holidays.
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    We are in Charlotte, North Carolina. Spending most of our time at home now because cases are very high. Getting ready to go for a walk and some exercise. I miss my gym's indoor pool, hot tub, and classes, but not enough to risk Covid-19 (lots of unmasked folks there despite the mandate). Also miss my massage therapist who has been helping me loosen scar tissue in my back after a thoracic fusion. Glad this crazy year is almost over and better times ahead in 2021. At this point I am simply trying to avoid holiday weight gain. This is a bad time of year to try to lose weight. I am sticking to healthy habits and eating, but cutting myself some slack when I want to eat a cookie or do some baking.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Hello, friends 💕
    It’s been a while since I’ve been here. Hope everyone is doing well and making the most of the Christmas season that is coming up 🥰🎅🎄
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Welcome back and happy holiday season to you as well
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Hey there. It’s been a few since I’ve been in here.
  • jfitt007
    jfitt007 Posts: 235 Member
    42 with a 3 year old.
    Decided a lifestyle change was necessary if I was going to see him graduate high school.
    Middle of Aug I made a decision to alter my diet and get moving again. The week of Halloween I joined a gym and started using this app.

By thanksgiving I lost 45 lbs. since went down another 5 but fluctuate between the 45-50 lbs.
    today I squatted my body weight 6x and managed to DL my bw once.

Not a bad day

What an accomplishment, great job friend!!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Good morning all, may your coffee be stronger than your kids' attitude. LOL maybe only I need that wish!!
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    Happy Monday all....can someone loan me some motivation until my own kicks in? Pretty please?
    1 trick, 1 step at a time: start with getting out of your night clothes in the morning before coffee.
  • paula3311
    paula3311 Posts: 17 Member
    I am trying to take control of my life again as I feel it spinning out of control and have gained back 10 of the 30 pounds I recently lost. Would love to join this group for support and motivation.
  • cirrustook2005
    cirrustook2005 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all! I am 34 and would love some more friends on here for motivation and encouragement. I have about 65 pounds to lose and hope to run my second half marathon October 2021.

Back in 2012-2013 I lost about 50 pounds and trained for my first half marathon, but grad school plus a more sedentary job and longer commute has seen the weight creeping back. Earlier this year, I started running again, and am currently doing a HIIT Challenge with Bodyfit by Amy. I enjoy hiking, bicycling, horseback riding, and am trying to get more bodyweight strength training in. I don't restrict myself from any foods, but try to keep balance throughout the day and am aiming for 1200-1600 calories/day. I am pescatarian and have been for the past 6 years. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Mojo_Minx
    Mojo_Minx Posts: 24 Member
    Hello to all!

Not new, not old -- On both MFP and in life. Today is my first day back on in a long time. I've recently lost roughly 18 lbs and I'm looking to get a bit fitter and slimmer. 36 years here and looking to expand my contacts.

See more, do more...right? Please feel free to add me!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Hey there. It’s been a few since I’ve been in here.

Welcome back then.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Good morning all, may your coffee be stronger than your kids' attitude. LOL maybe only I need that wish!!

Ouch!! Some kids are really stress.