NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777 I hope you have a wonderful visit with your grandma!! :)

@trooworld HaHa!! Detective Sniffles is hilarious. The gift tags are really cute and such a fun idea! :)

Hey all! Sorry that I’ve been MIA. Not really sure why. :grin: Yesterday was a long day with staff meeting and then I had a bunch of work to do on the computer, plus, get all 67 Christmas cards ready for the mail that the staff signed for our members. Today, I’ve been working on my lesson for children’s church this week. I’m teaching on joy and have lots of fun stuff planned. :) My weight is up 2 lbs this week and it’s strictly because I jumped off the wagon and took all the sugary food with me. Yesterday, my DH and I had a long talk about my food addictions, and he is also wanting to change things in his diet and is willing to give low carb a try. This makes me very happy!! We were going to splurge on cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning but I found some that are Keto friendly and I plan to make those instead. Fingers crossed that they will be tasty! :D
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Afternoon all, It's been a busy morning, but feel like I got some things done and don't feel like I got overwhelmed. I had a book study on zoom and I miscalculated the time difference and was 2 hour early. LOL. Well that forced me to get showered, dressed and put make up on before 9. LOL. So I got some other things done had the book study, 1st time in this group. I only am familiar with the leader by name only, but it was good. I am glad I joined. Then took baby girl for a walk, and came home swept the house and mopped all the floors dusted and by then, baby girl was ready for bed. I hope my scale is down, but if not, I still feel better about my choices this week. I am still struggling to track.

@TeresaW1020 I have a Mary Kay director who is keto and she just posted a recipe for some and said they were delicious...I looked at the recipe and too much work for me. I will get you the recipe if you would like it. I really wish my DH would eat more. he has lost so much weight in the last 3 months and looks awful. I would not tell him that..well I did. LOL.

@trooworld I love the glass and the gift tags are awesome. You are very creative and gifted.

@mswatson0777 Enjoy your grandma. I love being a grandma and seeing my grandkids. Well I am glad that something is off your plate for a bit. LOL.

@theslightedgeforever Tell DH that for his retirement gift you get a new computer. He just can't use it...LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @mswatson0777 Thank you! The soup was really good. I hope you enjoy your time with your grandma. I struggled this week to concentrate, too.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Sounds like you have been really busy, that's reason enough not to be here. That's good your husband is on board now. What Keto friendly dessert are you making for Christmas morning?

@cbabie That's great that you didn't feel overwhelmed, I hate when I feel like that. That's funny about showing up to your book study 2 hours early! I bet they would think, "Wow, she's really prepared and eager to be here!" I'm glad it was a good experience. I struggled to track this week, too, I didn't track Saturday-Tuesday and finally tracked starting on Weds. Thanks re: the Cricut stuff.

Hello all! I'm down 1.6 lbs from last week which is a miracle considering I ate pizza, a sub sandwich with chips, and I didn't track half the week! I'll take it though.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'm sorry to hear about the jump in weight, but I'm excited your husband is on board, that will make it so much easier!

@trooworld Congrats on the loss! It just goes to show you can fit in indulgences when you're being mindful!

@cbabie Glad you were two hours early instead of two hours late! I'm glad it was a good group of folks, I love finding new groups of people to connect with since it's not easy to do in COVID!

Happy Saturday! I had an incredibly stressful few hours of work before I drove down to my Grandma's house so I was in a bit of a funk yesterday. Last night I slept 10 hours so I'm feeling much better today and ready to tackle the world. We got A TON of snow overnight so I'll be spending a good portion of the afternoon shoveling since Grandma has a long driveway (so much for having today be a rest day!).

I keep reminding myself I just have to make it through a little over one more week of work and then it's the holiday so a longer break is in sight!
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Shoveling snow is a ton of exercise! I hope you are planning to do nothing but relax during your holiday break. :)

@trooworld Wahhoooo with your great weight loss this week! You must have been doing enough right to balance out the pizza and sub. B) I’m going to make Keto cinnamon rolls using a Fathead dough. Next week I’m making them Fathead pizza to test out how they like the dough. I love it! I’m making my beef stew for Christmas dinner and I’m not modifying it but I might make some Keto dinner rolls instead of using regular bread.

@cbabie You have been very productive! I’m hoping that the scale will be kind to you. I would love the recipe from your Mary Kay director. I looked on Pinterest but half of them claim to be the very best so I’m not sure what to believe. :grin:

Good morning! So, I managed to hurt my back doing this stupid move that I’ve done before in my Barre Blend program. I just felt it tighten and pain shot instantly into the middle of the back. Most annoying!! :# I managed to get dressed so DH and I could go up to the church to look at the pews and fix any issues. Last week we decided to take off the blue tacky painters’ tape that was being used to social distance ourselves and we replaced it with black ribbon and a small sign that says, “this row closed.” Some of the helpers didn’t do the ribbon tight enough and they were very saggy, and a few were breaking. Anyway, I’m home now with my heated massager on and will spend the rest of the day resting. I have to teach children’s church tomorrow and need to be at my usual high-energy best.
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Yes! Indeed. I'm sorry yesterday was stressful. I hope this weekend is restorative for you. Just think of all the calories you are burning shoveling that long driveway! :D

@TeresaW1020 Yes, I must have. Oooh your Christmas cinnamon rolls sound good. I used to love Fathead dough. Beef stew...I love that too! Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you hurt your back. I hope it feels better soon. Back pain is the worst. The black ribbon and sign do sound like an improvement over the tape. Rest up!

Good morning all. I didn't sleep well last night nor the night before. Yesterday, I took a 2-hour nap after lunch. It felt really good. My sloth finally put up the rest of the Christmas decorations. He still has to hang our stockings somewhere but it's mostly done. I will share the pictures below. The first 2 are the Christmas village, one with the lights off.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:

jjf1jbvdb2wl.jpg
    3jjtwf7m3wxo.jpg

• trooworld
    Here's our counter:

qu5p3h8wfh46.jpg
    vl2b2km57scj.jpg
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 So sorry to hear that you aggravated your back, that really stinks! The black ribbon on the pews sounds beautiful, what a great idea. I hope you feel better today so you can be high energy around the kids.

@trooworld I absolutely adore your holiday village! Sorry to hear you haven't been sleeping well, but I'm glad you got a good nap in.

Yesterday I ended up shoveling for over two hours straight to clear the driveway and I'm definitely feeling it today. It was a wet heavy snow. I also ate way too many treats so hopefully they evened each other out a bit. Grandma and I watched "Godmothered" on Disney+, it was silly and cute and we both loved it. Today I plan on getting a lot of dissertation work in and tomorrow morning I already have to drive home. I'm bummed the weekend is over halfway done, time flew by way too fast!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm the proud owner of a new computer. But being a new computer, I don't know what I did but my font got VERY LARGE and then I hit enter to go down to a new paragraph and POOF it was all gone. :'(

@trooworld Yes I know, Notepad. lol I got 25%

I had good notes too. Oh well, I guess tomorrow is another day.

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 21/42,
    Week 1 # glasses of water 25/42,

# OP days 5/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 3/7,
    Week 1 # preplanned days 5/7

• cbabie
    I am so bummed I had my post typed, but was checking a link I was sending in preview...deleted my whole post..

Bullet points. Sorry I was MIA yesterday...no tracking no sleep and no walk..

@theslightedgeforever congratulations on the new computer

@trooworld Love all your houses...great job on the loss, sorry about the no sleep.

@mswatson0777 Glad you are spending time with grandam. Shoveling snow is a workout for sure..better you than me.

@TeresaW1020
    LOL I laughed about the blue tape and replacing with black bows....you and I are sisters I am telling you .LOL

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Yikes?!? Where is December going? Hope all is well with everyone.
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Super cute Christmas decorations! I love turning off the lights in my house and just having all the Christmas lights on. Very romantic. ;)

@mswatson0777 Sounds like you are enjoying your time with your grandma and really helping her out by shoveling all that snow. I’ve heard it burns a ton of calories so hopefully, it balanced the treats. I’m sure she loves spoiling you. :)

@theslightedgeforever Yikes, did you fix your font issue? I’m going to get a new desktop after Christmas. Mine seven years old and running really slow. I haven’t wanted to spend the money but there is only so much aggravation I can take. Especially now that I do so much church work from home on the stupid thing. :/

@cbabie I keep telling everyone that they should type in notepad or on a word doc. Right now I’m typing on a Word doc. that I keep minimized at the bottom of my screen so that I can see your post right above me and reply to it. No more lost posts! ;)

@gemwolf110 Yup it will be 2021 before we know it! I hope you are doing well. :)

Good morning! Last night, I went Christmas caroling for the first time in my life. We had four different groups and each group went to sing to five or six families from our church. We went to the homes of our seniors and those who haven’t come back to church because of the virus. I had so much fun and I’m so glad we did it. My back is better today so I’m going to hopefully be able to do a good workout without causing me any issues. I also need to finish up this week’s dinner menu and go to Aldis. Have a good day! :)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thank you! Two hours of snow shoveling, wow, that is a lot of work. I'm glad you got some good time in with your grandma.

@theslightedgeforever lol...congratulations on your new computer! Sorry about the POOF...yes, I would have said Notepad...rooky mistake ;). I got 10% yesterday. Need to work at it today. I already miss what you didn't post. :(

@cbabie I'm sorry about that. I hope today is better for you. <3

@gemwolf110 Hello! I agree, it's going fast!

@TeresaW1020 That sounds nice! That is so wonderful that you went caroling, and especially that you went to the seniors. I'm glad your back is better. Have a good day, too!

Hello all. I did NOT sleep well last night: we started my dog on a new medication and he had a bad reaction to it...diahrrea everywhere when it first happened and then we got smart and took him out when he started stirring from laying down. My husband, bless him, took our pup out to the living room and stayed up all night with him. Obviously, we stopped the medication and I'll call the vet this morning from work. Poor pup. :(

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie So today you know your goals, sleep, track, walk.

@gemwolf110 I think December is speeding by because we all want to get to 2021 and see if it's a better year. I was listening to a podcast this morning talking about how we all need to get out of victim mode this next year. Pick something we can control and work on that. What will you work on 2021.

@teresaw1020 Yep everything is fixed. I'm just glad to type with more than one finger. I do so much journaling and things on my computer that it was taking me forever and my frustration levels were high. Which leads to eating. So I now have no excuse to eat off plan. Caroling sounds fun. With hot chocolate aboard because I would be cold out there doing it. May we all reach the goals we set in 2021.

@trooworld I got 50%. I never really think about Notepad until after the fact. I posted yesterday that I thought your decorations were beautiful and I would never have the patience to put them up or take them down. Sorry about your puppy.

Has anyone heard from Its_cleo? Was she going on vacation?

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 24/42,

# OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 4/7,
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I am getting a late start, even though I have been up for HOURS. Planning on taking baby girl for a walk here soon. Got beds made, moved some furniture around and now to get to the things I DID have planned to do. LOL. WI down 1.6 lbs. Yea..just to keep this up. One of my DEAR friends just found out for sure she has diabetes. She finds out this week what the plan is for her Dr. I am praying food will keep it in line and no medicine needed. That probably is one of my worst fears next to cancer. I don't give in to fear and try not to think about out because what you feed grows. So I am trying to think eat healthy and exercise.

@TeresaW1020 I know notepad or whatever MAC has...lol. Just need to change my habits. Yea on the caroling Thank you for providing joy to someone!!! some of us who are cooking a "meal" and delivering to those who have no one in our church and going to sing carols and leave on Christmas day.

@trooworld Today is better and I love Sundays...I usually am just lazy. I talk the Bible literal with it says no work on the sabbath..LOL.

@theslightedgeforever Dad typed with 2 fingers..LOL. Yes now you stay on track...(Love you)

@gemwolf110 Yes it is going so QUICK!!! good to hear from you

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I’m doing well! Thank you for asking. Hope all is well with you! Glad to hear your back is feeling better and that’s really cool about caroling! We need all the joy this year.

@trooworld oh no! The poor pup hope he is doing better.

@theslightedgeforever so true 2020 can be over with already. Idk how 2021 is going to turn out. Going to focus on it being positive. I’m planning on working on myself next year overall.

@cbabie how did your walk go? Sounds like you had a busy day! Hope for your friend that all she will need is a diet change and no meds. I worry about it too. Definitely a motivator to get healthy and stay healthy. Great job on the weight loss!

I just got a new phone. Went from iPhone 8 Plus to iPhone 12 pro max and it’s different! Trying to get used to the new features and finish setting it up.
  • trooworld
    I got 50%, too. Thank re: the decorations and my pup. I haven't heard from Its_cleo, I've been expecting her to pop in and update us but she hasn't and I'm worried. Yes, she was going on vacation. I thought I was friends with her on here but apparently, I'm not.

@cbabie Congrats on all the movement and on the loss! I'm sorry about your friend. That is one of my fears, too. It is a good reminder to get healthy. LOL...I'm glad you take the Bible so literally and do not do anything on Sundays! :D

@gemwolf110 Thanks, I'll update everyone below. Congrats on the new phone.

Hi all. Well, I took my pup to the vet and they aren't sure what is wrong with him, they are running tests. It might be pancreatitis which is very serious for him since he has diabetes. We had to leave him with the vet overnight and he was going to get fluids and get the tests done. Poor thing. I know he's sad. But he was super sick. I have been worrying all night, I didn't sleep well again last night. I should find out this morning something. I didn't eat well last night: my husband made spaghetti and I ate the hugest portion. I also had some of the skillet chocolate chip cookie I made on Sunday and I had it WITH ice cream. :(

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Poor pup and poor you and DH! It’s always horrible when our babies are sick. I hope the vet can figure out what is making him sick. That is so scary! I don’t blame you for stress eating. <3

@theslightedgeforever, Yes to us reaching our goals in 2021!! Let’s do it! Glad you got your new computer figured out. I hope to get mine fixed today. See below. ;)

@cbabie Yayy :) yy on your great weigh-in!! Yup, just keep it up! Diabetes is very scary and one of the main reasons I started on my weight loss journey in 2018. It runs heavy in my family and I’m just not going down that road. Maybe suggest to your friend that she look up Dr. Jason Fung and his book “The Diabetes Code.” Personally, I would do whatever that man suggests. But I’m a groupie. :D

@gemwolf110 I am doing very well thank you! With so many people having such a terrible year, there is really nothing I can do other than counting my many blessings. Ohhhh I am jealous of you and the new iPhone 12! Have fun with it. :)

Good morning! Well, yesterday my DH went out and came back home with a new computer for me. He truly is the sweetest man. Plus, he said he was tired of watching me struggle and having to listen to my frustration. Yeah, I can be very vocal. :grin: The bummer is that the new computer is missing its wi-fi adapter and without that, I can do anything else. So, we have to call the guy who built it and see if he can get it fixed today. I already took my old one down, so I’m on my laptop right now. I have to leave in a minute and take mom to Walmart and then I have a hair appointment later this morning. So, it’s a busy day and I plan to fast until dinner and then make yummy Keto Fathead pizza. You all have a wonderful day! :)
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever Congrats on the new computer, although sorry to hear the keys are messing with you!

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on your new computer as well! Sorry to hear about the wifi adaptor, how annoying!

@trooworld I'm so sorry about your pup, my thoughts are with you! I hope it's not pancreatitis since I know managing that can be quite challenging!

@gemwolf Congrats on the new phone!

@cbabie Congrats on the loss! And sorry to hear about your friend, I hope nothing else serious comes up.

I'm officially back from vacation with Grandma and back to work. Yesterday was insanely busy since I drove the 4 hours back from Grandma's place, went grocery shopping, cooked for the week, had a state board meeting, did three loads of laundry, and ran four different errands to change my name at various places since I'm finally going through that process (I told my SO our vows are for forever because I am NEVER doing that again! lol)

I ended up shoveling out my Great Aunt's driveway too, so my core was definitely sore. Thankfully I was lifting correctly so it wasn't my back, but the rotating movement gets my abs! Yesterday I took off of working out to recover and today I did AAA from 80 Day Obsession which I love.

I'm excited I only have six work days before the holiday break. I think I can I think I can I think I can!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Hooray for your weight loss. Well the good thing about diabetes is that depending on the type, you can actually reverse it by lifestyle change. So hopefully your friend will get it all figured out. Isn't the Sabbath Saturday?

@gemwolf110 2021 will be what we make it. I want to lose some weight. I went from an iphone 8 to an 11. I still don't use the cameras like I'm supposed to. I use my two fingers to zoom. lol My kids keep saying, Mom you don't have to do that.

@trooworld I got 100%. I had a similar experience with spaghetti this week. It's just better if I don't make it. How is your puppy?

@teresaw1020 Did you get your fast done for the day? Yes, wi-fi is everything. I do much better with goals when I have wifi.

@mswatson0777 You think they would make name changes easier with technology nowadays.

So the month of December is gone. How are you all doing on December's goals? Did you make any goals for December?

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 6/42
    Week 2 # glasses of water 24/42,

# OP days 1/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 0/7
    Week 2 # preplanned days 4/7,