Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Hello WeightNoMores! I'll have the report from the F2F survey done tonight so we can see what ideas people have come up with. If you have not done it yet, it is still open -
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NDQHF22

I'll close it tonight. Thanks to everyone who participates!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    My weight just seems to be fluctuating the same 2 to 3 pounds for going on 2 weeks. It’s frustrating but I’ve upped my steps. Hopefully the scale will start moving again. I put in 7 miles worth of steps today. I’m close to goal but not close enough. I need to lose at least another 6-8 lbs before the first week of January. Then I will reassess how far I’m going. It depends on how frustrated I get and how I feel. For me it isn’t a magical number on a scale it’s about how I feel. And I’m ok with where I am, but I did this stupid challenge. And my competitive spirit says I have to win it. And I’d like to be around 180-182 by weigh in day January 5th.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    I have managed to get up at 4am yesterday and today. Hopefully again tomorrow. I really like the ifit ap, its keeping me motivated to walk on the dreaded treadmill. I have also gotten over 10,000 steps all 3 days this week. Not sure if I will have a loss this week as it is tom week and also that always just seems to be my luck but my fingers are crossed.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all. For my positivity vibes - @minstrelofsarcasm

My son works in a grocery store and he brought home cokes for us. It was a very sweet gesture, I hadn’t had pop in a long time! Luckily he got thirsty later that night so he drank it for me. ; )

I’m taking a rest day. My shoulder and hip were wonky so I went to the chiro and I need to take it easy for a day.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/15 steps 5327
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    I have started eating more and guess what I have lost some weight now at my lowest in years! I guess mixing things up sometimes works!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    KristieJC wrote: »
    PW: 205.1
    CW: 200.9
    LTD: 11.1

There is no way I lost 4.2 pounds of actual weight. I always lose a lot the first week I start back up, which I’m sure is mostly water that I’m no longer retaining because I’m not eating so much junk. But that’s what the scale tells me, so that’ll help our numbers a lot for this week.

Great loss, Kristie!
  • 1theresamcvean
    @Cafelelia Thanks for sharing the elf dance! I have a big smile on my face thanks to your boys. Oh, I love your fridge. We used to have a pink one with pink egg trays and everything. I think it was a Fridgidaire. Interestingly, it was when we lived in your neighbourhood on Sorauren. Funny. Merry Christmas!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited December 2020
    Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

As we reach the end of the year, it’s a great time for reflection on where we came from and what we’ve been through.

Personally, this year has been a wild ride for me, but one of the things I was most grateful for was the invitation to join this team from Theresa, @1theresamcvean , in June. Little did I know back then that I would eventually become a co-captain with her when Lisa, @cafelelia , stepped down just a month later. I was not expecting to find such a supportive community, and I most definitely was not expecting to enjoy being a part of it – my health journey has so often been a solo adventure. Today, I hope to never go it alone ever again.

And now, we reach the next stage of Team Weight No More, as Theresa decides to become one of many great previous captains and steps back into being a team member. Theresa has been such an incredibly positive presence in the group, and I someday hope to be able to connect with all of you as well as she has.

Which leads me to an open invitation to all of you:

HELP WANTED: Co-Captain of Team Weight No More

Start Date: Transition scheduled for the end of December into the beginning of January

Responsibilities:
    • Enter weights for your team into the spreadsheet by early Sunday morning (Eastern)
    • Be active in team discussions
    • Answer questions and help new members
    • Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions
    • Create and post daily / weekly challenges and/or topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged
    • Remind challengers when they are due to weigh in - tag or message them if necessary – pester those who are late
    • Encourage participation in the full group challenges
    • Work with your co-captain and motivator(s) to keep the team going strong
    • Refer any changes needed in the spreadsheets, problems with members, or other issues to the Moderators
    • Participate in the Captains Lounge chat thread, and look there for announcements

Benefits:
    • New level of accountability
    Really cool co-captain (ahem)
    • Dental plan*
    • Undying adulation from the team members

*not valid in all countries, see underside for details, terms and conditions may apply

This role really hasn’t taken up too much of my time – I think the most I’ve ever worked on anything for the group is this message, and that’s just because I took a break between writing the first and second paragraphs to get lost in my MFP inbox to get the dates right. And for whomever steps into the role, know that you are not alone in completing all captain responsibilities. Theresa and I have a relaxed breakdown of tasks, and I am not planning to become a stickler now that she is stepping down.

I know that taking on responsibilities during a pandemic may be scary, but I can honestly say that the additional structure has been nothing but beneficial for me.

If you would like to state your interest or have questions, please direct them to me and/or Theresa. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

So... yeah. That's all.
    ~ Ashley

Thanks, Ashley. You're an amazing co-captain and I've loved sharing this role with you. :blush:

I am stepping back as it's become very busy for me. My new business has launched, I'm hiring genealogists from all over North America at the moment and am working from morning to night. I've become chair of the Ontario Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists starting on January 6th.

But also, I need to support my sister from afar. She looks after both of our parents who are in nursing homes where she lives, five hours away in Northern Ontario. My mother is failing and has just signed the form for medical assistance in dying, though a date has not been set. (To set the stage a bit, my mother possesses a particularly difficult personality and was scheduled for MAiD a little over a year ago, but lost competence at that time.) My sister was recently diagnosed and is receiving treatment for Lyme Disease (a hazard of living on a breathtaking lake in the woods), which was caught about two years along. I was supposed to go up but when our region was locked down, I was no longer able to go to her region and, in particular, into the nursing home. Complicated emotions abound.

I recommend the role of co-chair. It helped me in my journey in so many ways. Lately, though, I feel as if I'm not serving TWNM as well as you deserve.

I'm looking forward to remaining as a member here and co-chair emerita.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

• 1theresamcvean
    annliz23 wrote: »
    I have started eating more and guess what I have lost some weight now at my lowest in years! I guess mixing things up sometimes works!

So true, Ann. I've always been a believer in 'eating up,' as I've come to call it.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and on target
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-20 min walking videos, PT and stretching

I had a pretty good day. More carbs than I wanted and my weight is up a little. Otherwise I have been doing well so I hope that weight is off for Friday. I did food prep done so I am in a good shape for the rest of the week. It is supposed to snow later this afternoon, I am excited. We haven't had a significant snow in so long. I don't think it snowed at all last year.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx What cute pics of your twins! I can see you in them.
    @kandi3570 I can't stop laughing! Those pictures are great! I know that it is frustrating to be bouncing around the same numbers. Hang in there and keep it going. The scale will catch up eventually.
    @ljdanny Sounds like you are doing great! Great job getting up so early to get your workout in!
    @goingape How sweet of your son :) Good idea to rest your hip and shoulder.
    @minstrelofsarcasm I came off a long stretch of being co-captain not too long ago or I would help you out. Thank you for being such a great co captain and keeping our teaming going.
    @1theresamcvean Thank you for being such an awesome co captain and making it easier for me to step down. We were lucky to have you as long as we did. xo. Love Xavy's scarf! What a cutie!
    @annliz23 I do actually think eating a little more within reason does help sometimes. I don't know the science behind it but I am sure that there is a reason it happens.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm only posting right this moment to share a book recommended by the (new) ENT. Several folks on here have trouble with headaches and/or migraines. So...Book!

Heal Your Headache: The 1-2-3 uProgram for Taking Charge of Your Pain. By David Buchholz, MD

I'm only 23 pages in...and a little skeptical. But keeping an open mind...he posits that all headaches are actually migraines, but severity depends on "threshold" for triggers. So mild headache means the triggers have reached the threshold but a full on, 4-day brutal migraine, means the triggers have substantially exceeded said threshold.

To be honest, some of the things he says are symptoms (other than classic pain, aura, sensitivity) make some sense. I think he's going to be recommending a vegan diet...we'll see if I'm right.
    (edited: this book was published in 2002, so some of the commentary about treatment meds is substantially out of date)

Hope everyone is well! Sorry to see Theresa step down, but wow, FANTASTIC reason (edit: the booming new businrss, not the family related stresses). Way to go, Theresa! Loving the kiddo pics & stories...

This discussion has been closed.