• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 3
    PW: 202.2
    CW: 204.0
    Gain: 1.8
    Not so good this week. Haven't been keeping track of what I've been eating. Not enough water and can't really exercise right now with my back/hip issue. Time to get back on track!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 945 Member
    podperson1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

@minstrelofsarcasm and @1theresamcvean - I'm really sorry I've missed the weigh in.

Tbh, am really struggling at the moment. Am back in the office after they started being quite nasty about me working at home, which is really stressing me out, and mental health issues are having a bit of a come-back. Think it's not helped as I was really hoping that I might be able to see my family for Christmas, but it's not happening - that will be almost a year since I've seen them, the longest period ever, and it's def getting me down.

I'm really lacking motivation and not feeling in the right head space at all for weight loss, so think I'm just going to try and take it easy over the holidays and come back with (hopefully) a better resolve in the New Year. You're all awesome and inspiring - and I so appreciate the support over this year xx

@podperson1 I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, Shelli. It all makes perfect sense. Work and missing your families are such big stressors. I hope you get a well-deserved rest over the holidays even if your celebration is different than usual. When it's time, you will find the right headspace again. Big, big hug!
  • 1theresamcvean
    As seen in new groups...
    wkp6wt1h59mr.png
    I wonder, does Bob @KUMEcyclingteam have anything to do with this?
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    As seen in new groups...
    wkp6wt1h59mr.png
    I wonder, does Bob @KUMEcyclingteam have anything to do with this?

Can't take credit for that one! I may have to join this group just because!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Checking in for Wednesday. I finished my last Zumba class tonight. Now a nice break so I will be doing my at home work outs and work outs with my youngest.

We made a big pot of cabbage roll soup so that is been meals for the last few days. The kids are finishing up their quint so there’s lots of catch up, last chance, homework happening.

I got a few new library books today so I’m set for my evening reading for the next while.

@podperson1 hugs. I hope you are able to get some rest, mentally and physically over the holidays.

@1theresamcvean thanks for being our co-captain. I enjoy your posts ! Glad to hear your business is taking off.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited December 2020
    minstrelofsarcasm
    December Week Three

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 166.2 (December 10th)
    CW (Current Weight): 164.6 (December 17th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 69.4 lbs

Actually a little higher than my weight from a few days ago, so at least I'm finally making some headway with rehydrating after being sick wiped me completely out. It's a bittersweet loss, and I have no idea if it'll stick around (and I honestly wouldn't mind hopping back up above 165 when I'm fully recovered). Hoping to feel 100% as of tomorrow - I made it through my standard temperature shower without getting dizzy once this morning, and that's a major accomplishment, since anything over body temperature this past week has led me to needing to sit down. Feels so good to be both clean AND not dizzy.

Food:
    I'll be honest, I've done very little tracking this past week and a half. My appetite hasn't been great, but I've been trying to stick to nutritious foods when I do feel like eating, and I may have forced myself to drink a couple protein shakes just to make sure I don't lose too much muscle while I'm not working out. I like to think I've been pretty close to my calorie goals, despite nausea and general malaise.

Exercise:
    Yesterday evening, I told myself that I would aim to attend the Friday afternoon spin class just to see how I feel. I'm hoping I feel well enough to expand that into booking Saturday morning and getting at least a few spin classes in before I drive eight and a half hours to spend the holidays with my parents and sister. I get very cranky when I go too long without working out, and the last thing I need is to be grumpy around my family.

Mindset:
    I am infinitely grateful to those of you who posted something positive. Seeing the happy moments of others has really helped me keep things in perspective, and I'm always amazed by how different all of us are while still being on the same journey and finding the same little happinesses (not a word, but you know what I mean). So thank you. All of you. It's rare that I know exactly what my brain needs, and even rarer that it gets it.

Am I still sick? Yeah, but it's fading.
    Am I still supported? You're (ahem) darn right, and it's not going anywhere.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    @podperson1 - I've requested that you be move to the team support for the rest of the month. We can extend that to longer if we need to - take all of the time you need to take care of yourself. If there's anything you need, please do not hesitate to ask.

@melaniedscott - If you need any confirmation on anything you're reading about headaches, please let me know. I wouldn't mind picking up a mini research project. It's been a while since I did a deep dive into research papers.

@1theresamcvean - I'm glad Xavy and I are on the same page. I've had to wear a scarf to go chase birds, and I thought I was just being a wimp in the cold.

@kandi3570 - Oh my goodness, that picture of the teacher giving a "thumbs up" is incredible. I bet the teacher could very much relate to that picture some days. :lol:

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Are your twins still close? I remember being super close to my (not twin) sister when we were younger, but I know the separation started around the time I turned 10.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited December 2020
    Good morning everyone,

I loved everyone’s photos and thank you for posting them!

@1Theresamcvean - Thank you for being a co-captain and big congratulations on your business taking off! I know how much work and heart you put into it, so it must feel so gratifying!

@minstrelofscarcasm - I am glad that you are on the mend. I love the format of your weekly posts. You really cover all of the bases, and it is helpful for all of us! Nice loss too!

@goingape - A big pot of soup sounds so good right now!

@tryingagin5 - You can get back on track, have seen you do it!

@podperson1 - I am sorry about how things are going and please hang in there. Try to post here even when you don’t feel like it. The holidays will be tough for many of us. Try to do as much self-care and soothing things as possible, and speak to family and friends however you can. We are currently in another lockdown here that is about to become even stricter. It is so difficult having everything closed around us and not seeing family for the holidays, plus trying to work and create some kind of normalcy around us. I find it helps to just take a moment, make a cup of tea and breathe. It will get better. Sending you a big hug
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/16 steps 9200
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 3
    Pw 190.6
    Cw 191.2
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Thursday weigh im
    PW 153.4
    CW 153.4
    No change this week, I did find my weight was fluctuating alot more this week went up to 157 it said but I really think I may need a new scale. Going to focus on some non scale wins this week, cut out meat from 4/7 meals which was actually easier than expected. Landed an internship for January , had an interview at my dream company and didn't get the job but did get amazing feed back. Increased my weights this week and although sore maintained it. And finished all my exams with a toddler attached to me that in itself was a challenge. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    That's not a bad gain with Tom going on. I have been getting up every morning to work out. Today we were on a delay for 9am so I got up at 5 instead of 4. Staff had to be in at 830. As the morning went on I decided to take a snow day. I never take one. All the staff call out all the time so I figured why not. I had one girl call out Tuesday because she was cold. Lol. So I am up and dressed and already have worked out so I will be somewhat productive today and then maybe catch up on some shows. I do have pt later today hoping they cancel. I am really loving the ifit ap so I think that's why I can get up so easily.

@1theresamcvean thanks for being co captain and good luck with your business.

@tryingagain5 hope your feeling better.

@minstrelofsarcasm glad to see you are starting to feel better.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 3
    pw: 162
    cw: 161.8
  • 1theresamcvean
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Some funny pictures to share:
    This first one we call mobile gas chamber
    5zzx0m7zqzwc.png
    This was a picture my daughter drew in kindergarten of her teacher doing “thumbs up for the kids”. 😂😂. I saved it! It will be at her graduation party.
    r7ogea66wnrj.png
    This is a picture of my daughter at 4 or 5 helping me make sugar cookies. Do you see that ornery face. She started karate chopping the flour shortly after. I, to this day, blame spongebob.
    2ubaw74x2bk0.png

These are great pics. You could totally repurpose the picture of the teacher giving the thumbs up and turn it into a New Year's e-card. You know, giving 2020 the finger.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food...not the best
    Water-over 64
    Exercise-30 min walking video, PT, strength and stretching

Not the best evening yesterday. I got a little carried away with the snow and had a big dinner and some drinks. The scale was not happy this morning. Hopefully I will be ok for my weigh in tomorrow but I may be up. Don't worry, I am right back at it today!

@1theresamcvean I don't know how I missed that post yesterday! We were lucky to have you while we did! I am so excited for you with your new business and new chair position. How wonderful that you are able to take something you love and make a business of it. I am glad to see you are staying with our team though. I am sorry about your Mother. It is tough with the elderly and this pandemic to begin with but with her failing health makes everything even more emotional and complicated. Sending prayers and hugs
    @podperson1 I hope you are still reading on here, I think for the reasons you decided to leave are also good reasons to stay. Why don't you consider staying on the team but going to the cheer squad so you can still get some support? Sending hugs to you too. Hopefully with this vaccine, this will be over sooner rather than later.
    @melaniedscott That book sounds interesting. I hope it sheds some light for you and the other members of our team. Thanks for sharing.
    @tryingagain5 I hope you get some relief soon. Sending hugs xo
    @goingape Hope you find some home workouts that you enjoy as much as zumba. I love cabbage soup! Send some down here! Lol!
    @minstrelofsarcasm I don't know how you do those spin classes. Even the beginner ones I can't get my legs to go that fast! I am glad you are slowly starting to feel better. Nice that you are going to be able to spend Christmas with your family. I know your Mother for one will be happy. I have a son in Houston who hasn't been up the past 2 years so I can say you are missed when you aren't there. xo
    @ljdanny Wow! You have been doing awesome! I am glad you took a snow day! We only got 4 inches and we all did down here in Philly Lol! I have had that ifit app for over a year and never realized all it did until you pointed it out on here. Hope you enjoy your well deserved snow day :)
    @mxlaw90 Wow! That was an awesome week for you! Hope you can relax a little now. Well, relax as much as one can with a toddler! Lol!
    @pacsnc6 Looks like you are either staying away from the cookies or found a way to enjoy them without overeating. :)
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited December 2020
    @sleepymom5 Stay away from cookies? I've still been eating more than usual, I have been keeping the protein up too and I think that's the key. I have found that if I eat a little more for a couple days then go back to my normal eating my weight drops a little. I am also trying to drink less soda even though it's the zero calorie stuff. I should replace it with water but . . . Cranberry juice has been good for my urinary tract.
    We went to several stores today for gift cards. So we stayed at the front of the stores with minimal contact with others. My grandkids are teenagers and would much rather buy their own things - they also have most of what they need. It's not as much fun as previous years when I took each of them shopping for birthdays and Christmas but that's the new way things are in 2020.
    Right now the plan is to get together to exchange gifts Christmas Eve - no food or games so it'll be a short party. Then go to a private family movie viewing on Saturday with lunch served there. Sounds good since we haven't been in the right mood to celebrate. Hope next year is better. My next CT scan is Jan 12 with dr. appt on Jan 14. Hoping for the best news there is!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/17 steps 2803
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 133.2
    Today's weight: 134.0
    Weekly Steps: 51,720
  • sleepymom5
    Weigh in day:Friday
    PW-193.2
    CW-194.2
  • sleepymom5
    Check in for Thursday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-Shoveling snow for 90 min, PT and stretching

That was a workout! I am going to do a little more today but probably not as long. I can't believe we only have a week until Christmas!

I am not sure why my weight has been up this week. I have been eating more carbs than usual so I am wondering if that is it. I had the lowest weight I have seen in a while on Sunday and never saw it again. I will keep trudging along.

@pacsnc6 I think I should pay more attention to my protein too. Interesting how it has been working. I read somewhere that you are supposed to have protein with carbs. Hope you had fun shopping even if it was for gift cards. Sounds like you have a nice Christmas planned. I love the idea of a private movie viewing. That sounds like fun.
This discussion has been closed.