What's on your mind?

Replies

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Kitty is going in to get fixed today and I'm nervous just because sometimes they don't wake up from anesthesia but I'm sure everything will be fine.

I think kitty will be okay! It's been a hot minute since Binx was fixed at 2 months (shelter's choice, not mine), but he came through okay and was bouncing around like nothing happened in less than 24 hours! And clearly, he is doing just fine (look at this spoiled cat!).

kfu877tx8me5.jpg

Ya I felt like the males probably heal super fast. He was just so upset being in the pet carrier and I feel like a monster but it's for the best. Plus when he comes home we got him a bunch of premium can food so he might forgive us.
    Binx is such a cutie 😻
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Kitty is going in to get fixed today and I'm nervous just because sometimes they don't wake up from anesthesia but I'm sure everything will be fine.

I think kitty will be okay! It's been a hot minute since Binx was fixed at 2 months (shelter's choice, not mine), but he came through okay and was bouncing around like nothing happened in less than 24 hours! And clearly, he is doing just fine (look at this spoiled cat!).

kfu877tx8me5.jpg

Ya I felt like the males probably heal super fast. He was just so upset being in the pet carrier and I feel like a monster but it's for the best. Plus when he comes home we got him a bunch of premium can food so he might forgive us.
    Binx is such a cutie 😻

I always feel terrible when I have to put them in their carriers. The mews of complaint! So sad..

Primo wet food + cat treats and/or a new toy and I bet you'll be forgiven. :joy:
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    So one of my friends on here has the flu....thankfully not Covid. But it got me thinking, the flu season this year has been birtually non existent. While Covid spikes, flu disappears.....correlation? Maybe covid kills influenza? Maybe when we all have covid antibodies Covid will be the influenza vaccine?

Please dont take me serious.......

Looks like 2 people took you serious. :)
    That was one of my observations this season so far. People might actually be staying home more when sick, like they should be. :)
  • ReenieHJ

It's normal to worry about our pets; I do the same with my dogs. I can't help it. :blush:
    I bet she'll be fine and you'll have her back home before you know it. Hardest part is usually keeping any animal quiet after. :) She(he?)'ll be ready for extra cuddling.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    So one of my friends on here has the flu....thankfully not Covid. But it got me thinking, the flu season this year has been birtually non existent. While Covid spikes, flu disappears.....correlation? Maybe covid kills influenza? Maybe when we all have covid antibodies Covid will be the influenza vaccine?

That was one of my observations this season so far. People might actually be staying home more when sick, like they should be. :)

And honestly... If people were as diligent with the flu as they have been with covid, the prevalence would be down significantly.

"Stay home if you're sick" was a pipe dream when it was "just the flu" . The expectation was almost understood that unless you were dead, you'd be at work.

Now with masks, hand washing and social distancing... A lot of communicable diseases will naturally reduce in volumes.
  • ReenieHJ
    edited December 2020
    @KickassAmazon76 LOVE your new picture!!

How is your arm today?
  • Hey all,

Yesterday was pretty dark for me, but today is better (so far). Thank you for the love and support. I'm trying to be productive because that usually cheers me up a bit.

However, I am stumped!

I want to bake something tasty for my family, but I have no ideas! I want to do something I don't make a lot (so not a bread and not chocolate chip cookies). They already ATE the dozen cinnamon rolls I made, so I don't want to make those again either.

Any ideas??

P.S. Nothing with nuts and nothing with raisins; my husband thinks raisins are a lie and my son thinks nuts are a lie and he doesn't like them in his food (crazy people).

https://onelittleproject.com/chocolate-caramel-pretzel-bars/

This is crack!

My god I forgot these existed
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member

And honestly... If people were as diligent with the flu as they have been with covid, the prevalence would be down significantly.

"Stay home if you're sick" was a pipe dream when it was "just the flu" . The expectation was almost understood that unless you were dead, you'd be at work.

Now with masks, hand washing and social distancing... A lot of communicable diseases will naturally reduce in volumes.

Yeah but for how long is the question? We humans get too comfortable too fast. Once masks are not a requirement a lot of the hand washing and staying home when sick won't be a priority anymore because the flu doesn't come with a death sentence like covid does.. Of course these are my thoughts and my opinions only and you're allowed disagree with me 🙂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Hey all,

Yesterday was pretty dark for me, but today is better (so far). Thank you for the love and support. I'm trying to be productive because that usually cheers me up a bit.

However, I am stumped!

I want to bake something tasty for my family, but I have no ideas! I want to do something I don't make a lot (so not a bread and not chocolate chip cookies). They already ATE the dozen cinnamon rolls I made, so I don't want to make those again either.

Any ideas??

P.S. Nothing with nuts and nothing with raisins; my husband thinks raisins are a lie and my son thinks nuts are a lie and he doesn't like them in his food (crazy people).

I now have banana cream pie on my brain chemistry 😍...
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    Hey all,

However, I am stumped!

Any ideas??

This is crack!

I'm already on my second batch. I regret remembering they existed. 😭

I'm going to make these tonight 😋
  • KickassAmazon76
    @KickassAmazon76 LOVE your new picture!!

How is your arm today?

Aww thank you! <3

It is SO MUCH BETTER! Yesterday I managed to get my arm vertical enough to grab onto the top of my power rack and eased into a hang. I felt something pop and I wonder if maybe somehow I had gotten out of alignment. I sat into the hang for a bit and stretched out the muscles around my shoulder and I feel significantly better today. (I even got to sleep last night!)

I confess, I am nervous about trying to lift (because that pain was very real), and yet... I want to lift anyways. I may give it another day and then (try to) ease into a light session. My pride seems to be directly proportional to how much weight is on the bar, and I'm often my own worst enemy.
  • KickassAmazon76

Yeah but for how long is the question? We humans get too comfortable too fast. Once masks are not a requirement a lot of the hand washing and staying home when sick won't be a priority anymore because the flu doesn't come with a death sentence like covid does.. Of course these are my thoughts and my opinions only and you're allowed disagree with me 🙂

Oh I agree entirely. Complacency is the enemy of progress. I think it's a momentary blip in the grand scheme of things. (Also welcome people to disagree. haha)
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    Hey all,

However, I am stumped!

Any ideas??

This is crack!

I'm already on my second batch. I regret remembering they existed. 😭

I'm going to make these tonight 😋

Can I come over? I have wine. 💕

Yes!!!!!!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Hey all,

However, I am stumped!

Any ideas??

A friend of mine brought Christmas Crack to work last year and I almost went out of my mind. I need to get her recipe, but this one sounds pretty close. (She didn't use nuts on hers and actually sprinkled a bit of crushed candy cane on top for a holiday flair)
    https://therecipecritic.com/christmas-crack-recipe/

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Uh oh.. there were a lot of really good ideas here.. and I think I might be quick on my way to the "itis". Y'all trying to put me in a food coma? :joy: