NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey gang

Sorry I haven’t been around but I wanted to make sure to come in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

I’ve been ok, just haven’t been into sitting at my computer or fitness really. I have kept with my goal of maintaining and not gaining weight and that has been about it. My gym has basically been closed since March, so exercising has been really hit or miss. I have still been able to meet my trainer 2x week, but can’t do much else.
    Still also struggling with tendonitis which just seems to refuse to heal. I’m frustrated, and today actually will finally see a physio to get a second opinion on it.

@theslightedgeforever- nope I have been lucky, and no covid. Canada is doing ok, although honestly it’s starting to get out of control here as well.

So most days for me are pretty quiet. I work remotely, sometimes I go for a quick walk if my tendon doesn’t hurt. I do jigsaw puzzles and watch too much tv to pass the time. My parents are trying to be very careful during the pandemic, so likely I will spend xmas alone. I have done so in the past, so it will be ok.

That’s about it! I’ve been thinking about everyone here a lot, so even though I’ve been absent, you have all been on my mind and it was super nice to pop in today and read everyone’s posts. I hope you all stay safe and have a great holiday. Thought I would share a holiday puzzle I did instead of a card:

yxq5h34znm6w.jpg

I will be back at some point, not sure when. Don’t have regular goals right now other than trying not to gain weight. I’ve lost a lot of the strength and fitness I had before the pandemic, but whenever things go back to normal I will start again. Take care all!

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, so glad to see you all awake and active. LOL. Didn't go for a walk yesterday. At the end of the day, my fitbit was dead and I only had 24 steps.LOL. I did get some Christmas ordered for my grandkids. It should all be here before Christmas...if not, we will have to have Christmas when it is. LOL Kidding.. Luckily most of my older grandkids want gift cards to either xbox or Barnes and Noble, things like that. Made last appt with my wrist Dr. My benifits for that expire in a week. I should have made it earlier, but really trying to stay out of public places. LOL

@TeresaW1020 Hope you get you Wifi taken care of..glad you have your laptop. LOL Yes you are a groupie...that's why we love you.. :). I will look that up. Thank you.

@trooworld Sorry your puppy is not feeling well and had to stay overnight. The cookie sounds yummy, we have 1 night of spaghetti every week. Baby girl will eat it every night..LOL

@mswatson0777 well you are back in full swing.LOL. So glad you get some time off soon. Your day yesterday exhausted me by just reading it. :)

@theslightedgeforever The sabbath is whatever day I go to church..LOL some its Saturday and some on Sunday. I guess that's my interpretation. I just don't want to be like our parents both with diabetes.

Okay have to get going..hope all of you have a great day!!

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    @its_cleo LOVE THE PUZZLE, makes me want to do one..but with baby girl...she would TRY to help and I think it would not be much help. Please check in next week, we miss you, but understand just maintaining. Will you at least do some online chat with your folks on Christmas? I miss my folks, especially this time of the year..My mom's birthday would have been on this Thursday and she loved Christmas.. I am glad they are not here during this time though. I would always worry about their health as they never really took care of themselves. HENCE, this board. LOL. So good to hear from you!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you. I'll update everyone below. How nice to get a new computer! I hope you were able to get the wifi fixed yesterday and enjoyed the pizza.

@mswatson0777 Thank you so much. It wasn't pancreatitis, thankfully. Man, that sounds like a busy day, you must have been exhausted yesterday. Hang on, the break will be here before you know it!

@theslightedgeforever Wow, great job with the water! Yeah, it is better if we don't make it either. I'll update everyone below. I'm doing so-so with my December goals.

@its_cleo It's so good to hear from you! Merry Christmas to you as well. I'm glad you were able to maintain. I hope you can pop back in on occasion. I love the holiday puzzle.

@cbabie I hope someone gets you a Fitbit for Christmas, wouldn't that be nice? That's good you got your Christmas shopping done (did you?). I just bought my last gifts yesterday. I could eat spaghetti every week (and that's saying something because I require variety). I'll update you below about my dog.

Hello all. I was able to pick up my dog last night. The vet didn't know for sure that the new medication he was one did that to him but I think it was that. There seems to be no other reason. When we picked up my pup, he was so happy to see us and was very alert and ready to go home. It was nice to have him back even though I slept better when he wasn't in the bed lol. Here's a picture of me at my library wearing my favorite velvet blazer and snowflake pins. I know I don't post pics of myself but I thought I would post this one.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day

gsd4q20otl6n.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777 When my hubby and I got married and I had to go through all the name changing I said the same thing! We both also said we are never moving again. :D Yayyy for getting in some good core work. AAA is also my favorite 80 DO workout. Today, I’m doing booty and already anticipating the soreness I will feel later. :grin:

@theslightedgeforever I fast every day for at least 18 hours. Yesterday, I did 21 since I was busy getting my hair done. I have not made my December goal to reach my 75 lb. loss to date. I’m frustrated but since I only have myself to blame, I just need to do what needs to be done, right? I am looking forward to Christmas but I’m also wanting it to be over so I can put the temptation away and really buckle down. :)

@its_cleo Hey!! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you have been doing. I’m glad that everything is OK and sorry that we are all still dealing with this stupid virus. LOVE that puzzle!! Have a Merry Christmas and don’t be such a stranger. <3

@cbabie I always get so annoyed with my Fitbit dies. I feel like all my steps were wasted. :D Is your wrist doing ok? Are you one of those last-minute Christmas shoppers? :grin:

@trooworld So happy that your dog is home and doing better. And I love that you posted a pic of yourself. Even if we can’t see your whole pretty face! Love the purple blazer and pins. But you know sparkle is my thing. 😉

Good morning team! Well, I got my new computer up and running and it is fast!! It’s going to make my job go much quicker. Today is cold and rainy but DH and I need to go out later and hunt down a barstool for the pastor to use since we trashed the one he bent when he passed out and almost killed himself. This new one will NOT swivel!! My weight is down a very tiny bit for the week, so I need to really watch it if I hope to have a good loss by Friday. I made the Fathead pizza last night and everyone loved it. :)
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @theslightedgeforever My goal for December was to get back on track and I think I managed it. I also haven't been binging while working from home which is a huge win! How have your goals been going? I know water has been a struggle for you (do you drink things other than water or is dehydration the struggle?)

@trooworld You are so cute!!! I love the purple blazer and snowflake pins. And your hair color is fantastic, I'm jealous of your beautiful natural curl!

@cbabie I totally get medical appointment procrastination, even without COVID I tend to put it off. Got any plans to get some steps in today?

@its_cleo I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling with tendonitis still, and I'm glad you're getting a second opinion. I know it's so frustrating to lose all that strength and stamina you worked so hard for, but you'll get it back! Do you have any plans/rituals in place for when you celebrate the holiday solo?

@TeresaW1020 Booty is such a fun one! I did Cardio Flow today and I'm definitely feeling it in my legs! Moving is another one that is terrible. I don't want to move again without movers since we have so much more stuff now than we used to!

Happy Wednesday All! I keep hoping it's later in the week, I really need to stop wishing my life away. Work this week is quiet which is a blessing, although I have an 8 hour strategic planning zoom session tomorrow that sounds like pure unadulterated torture.

Last night I connected with my Mom and we had a good chat. She was originally planning to quarantine for 2 weeks so we could do an in-person holiday, but she straight up forgot about the quarantining part so we're likely going to move it over to zoom, which is a shame but hey...pandemic holidays amiright?
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @its_cleo I'm so glad you popped in. It's great that you are maintaining and not gaining during this time of the year.
    I love the puzzle.

@cbabie So you can schedule in a walk today. Isn't it funny how I never got the impression Mom loved Christmas. But you know we grew up in two different households.

@trooworld What good choice did you make today? I got 100%. Your mask looks like little snowflakes too although it's probably stars.

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 12/42
    Week 2 # glasses of water 24/42,
    Week 1 # glasses of water 25/42,

# OP days 2/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 1/7
    Week 2 # preplanned days 4/7,
    Week 1 # preplanned days 5/7

• cbabie
    Morning all, Yesterday it seems like was either on online zoom or trying to think about what 2021 is going to look like. I reflected over my life too. I just want to say this..you know a few years back I would be very cautious about "offending" people. I still am sensitive to others, but not to the point that I do things I know God put on me and why I "think" I have been given some of life..LOL. Last night on a zoom call, someone really needed prayer, they didn't ask for it, but I knew it needed to be done..so I just spoke and said...Please let me pray and started praying over the situation, we had just been made aware of..you see the old me would have said...oh what if someone on here is offended that I would "pray" to my God. At my age and in this time...I say to myself..If I don't pray and it was the very thing that person needed, then shame on me and I just lost out. She was very grateful I did pray. I guess I said all of that to say...we are all working on a better us in health and in life, jobs, etc. Don't give up EVER and know that your unique personality, tastes, upbringing was all a part of a big plan. You and I are in this group because we each speak encouragement to each other and use our struggles and wins help another.

@trooworld Love the picture and that color of purple!!!..I could never work in a library, it's would be like me working at a Jif peanut butter factory. LOL. So glad your dog is home and is okay.

@mswatson0777 Glad today is not so bad. Hopefully tomorrow won't be torture..but interesting. LOL Mom's you can't live with them and you can't live without them. LOL. So glad we have zoom. Yes I plan on taking baby girl for a walk around 1, it will be warmer then. LOL

@TeresaW1020 YEA on the computer, now you will have more time for puzzles. LOL My wrist has good days and not so good days..but my workman's comp benefits end next week..so I want to see the Dr one last time. I am a last minute everything. I hit my deadlines better. LOL. I had to laugh about the barstool. I can't tell you how many times, I have been yelled at for being on something that moves standing up. Yea on the weight...you know I think this year was you learning what works for you and now the goals will not hit you in the head, but they will bless your heart.

@theslightedgeforever yes we grew up in 2 different household. I was the first born...everything had to be perfect and you were the baby knew how to talk to Dad. LOL. Yea on he 100%. you got this.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, me too. That blazer was my best purchase from Macy's lol! I love it. I'm glad you got your computer up and running. That's good everyone loved the Fathead pizza. I hope you found the right barstool.

@mswatson0777 Aww, thank you! <3 This week is going by so slowly. 8 hours??? Ugh. That's good you are being safe about the holiday.

@theslightedgeforever Oh goodness, the only good choice I made was to have a salad for dinner. It was terrible. It is stars on my mask. :) Is the top line of your weekly goals the current week?

@cbabie That's great that you aren't as concerned with offending people. Sometimes we just have to do what is in our hearts. Thanks re: the picture. Yeah, it's a bit like that for me lol! I'm glad my dog is better, too, although he's back to his stubborn self when we go on walks.

Hi all. All week, I've been thinking it was Thursday, and today, it finally is! I really wish I could have a do-over for the week. My husband said I'm getting into my winter mode as far as eating is concerned. He doesn't mean that as a compliment lol.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Yikes, my thoughts are with you and that your planning session goes well. Sorry that you won’t be able to get together with your mom for Christmas. You know 80 DO booty doesn’t hurt my butt near as much as leg day does. Last week I thought I had broken my butt after doing leg day. :D

@cbabie Ohhh how I love that you had the courage to be your authentic self and that meant you needed to pray for someone who had a real need of it. My DH had me buy his three grandkids Christmas cards the other day and I got ones that speak to faith. We had a twinge of wondering if we would offend the unbelieving parents but then we realized that we need to be true to who we are. No hiding our light under a bushel, right? ;) And yes, we are all here to support each other, which is what I love best about our little group. I’ve been refection on my goals for 2021 too and I do feel that I’ve learned what works for me. Now just to do it.

@trooworld OK, what can you do to change up your behavior with “the winter mood” so that you don’t come out of winter feeling bad about yourself? You have come so far this year and you can’t let the old you take over. I’m having the same talks with myself and we all need to dig deep into our commitment to become our best selves. Right!! <3

Good morning! My staff meeting got pushed an hour later which gives me some time to write to you all. I found a couple of barstools yesterday and will get the pastor’s opinion this morning and go buy one. None of them swivel!! :D Last night we had our Christmas party for the kids at church and they had a great time. Now I get the next two weeks off. My children’s pastor and I were laughing last night that it’s always the staff that is super happy when we don’t have church. :D My weight isn’t budging and I’m pretty sure it’s because I’ve been eating too many carbs and not pushing my fasting hour long enough. I need to get it together!! :#
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Great question! I can track 100% of the time, I can not bring chips into the house, I can drink more liquids. Yes, we don't want to regress! That's good that you found a barstool. Enjoy your two weeks off. What can YOU do to not regress?

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 I totally agree. The first time I did leg day I was like "this is only 40 minutes, it's going to be fine" but it was not! My whole lower body was dying! This morning I did 10 rounds, and I love his weight lifting ones but I hate his boxing ones, which is a shame because I love boxing. I hope you enjoy the two weeks off to the fullest

@trooworld Oh I'm totally with you with weekend eating. Today is the first day I felt like normal after coming back from Grandma's! Do you have a plan to make it through the next few weeks?

@cbabie I love the idea of no longer caring what people think and being true to yourself. As far as praying goes, I always think of it like if someone is praying for me they're keeping me in their thoughts or they're hoping for good things for me. Which means even though I'm not religious I understand and appreciate the sentiment. I can see where others might take it a different way, but I always try to look at the intention behind why someone is doing what they're doing. I'm glad the lady appreciated your prayers, thoughts, and kind sentiment towards her!

Well...today is the strategic planning day. Wish me luck that I keep a positive attitude about it because I feel pretty salty about having to take a full day off work for this.

Tonight I'm meeting up with a friend for a socially distanced walk to look at holiday lights so I'm pretty excited.

Last night we watched the first half of the social dilemma, and we'll probably check out the other half tonight. The first half was interesting but it wasn't anything I didn't already know so I'm hoping the second half will be more captivating.

Hope you all have a good Thursday!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Been awhile again. Morning all. Been a bad week. Eating isn’t to bad but could be better. Tweaked my knee grappling with my son on Saturday so haven’t really done anything. Will get back on the treadmill today. Had an early Christmas with my mom yesterday and got a Fitbit aria air scale. Pretty excited about it. Maybe it will get me back in the groove. December will most likely be a write off. Got a bag of homemade nuts and bolts to eat. lol. Kick back into it in January. Always seems to be the trend.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi all it’s a snow day for me here. Dogs are happy frolicking in the snow and catching snowflakes and snowballs. Planning on getting a lot of things done around the house. Declutter and get my bags and boxes together to donate. Going to get on the treadmill too at some point today. Verizon just came yesterday and got me all hooked up with gigablast internet so I’ll be streaming my entertainment via a roku, and I signed up for sling -prepaid for 2 months and got a free antenna to stream free local TV. I’m going to be saving so much money cutting the cord. I’ll check in later.

Hope everyone has a great day and stay safe!

~ Missy :-)

Also going to work on getting my January goals started.

p220xm3sfruz.jpeg
  • mswatson0777
    @renaegry Sorry to hear about your knee, hope it heals quick

@gemwolf110 I always hate walking out the door to piles of snow to shovel, but I'm glad you got a snow day out of it. At least it's an automatic workout?

Happy Friday All! I've got a busy day of work ahead of me, but I'm excited the weekend is almost here and that next week will be a short one. I had a hard time at the strategic planning session yesterday. If I've learned anything about myself it's that I do not do well in long zoom trainings and I struggle to stay engaged. I did get some dissertation work done so that felt good. I also got to meet up with a friend after work for a socially distanced walk which felt amazing to get out and see someone! Hope you all have wonderful days!
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld What can I do is focus on my plan that I have laid out for myself and do it. Easier said than done, right? What does help me is to look at how far I’ve come. I don’t focus on how long it took me to get where I am because that is depressing, but instead, focus on how much I’ve changed. My vow to never fully give up is firmly in place and I really do think that is one of the primary keys to get us where we need to be and to keep us there. :)

@mswatson0777 I really wanted to do 10 Rounds but that is the program that did a major number on my back after only two weeks. I think the fast twisting and turning of the boxing portion just didn’t work for me. But I love Joel and I hope he will come out with a new program someday soon. Have you seen that #mbf has been released? I going to start it on January 4th and do the two programs back-to-back. I need to go order my cordless jump ropes from Amazon. :grin:

@renaegry Hi! Yup, I agree that January is the month to get back in the game. How nice to get a Fitbit aria scale! Have a Merry Christmas and I hope your knee gets better really soon. <3

@gemwolf110 How fun to have a snow day! I’m hoping we can at least get snow once this winter. We cut the cord a few years ago and use our Roku too to watch TV. Can’t wait to hear all about your January goals. I think we are all working on those. :)

Hello everyone! Well, it was a Christmas miracle this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw it was 2 lbs down from yesterday morning. LOVE the whoosh effect! :grin: I’m 2.7 lbs. from hitting the 75 lb. mark and feel like it might happen if I really buckle down on the days when it’s doable to do so. Today, I’m fasting until dinner and staying busy to keep my mind off food. I have a long list of social media stuff I need to do for the church and my new computer is making it a breeze! Later I might go work on my puzzle and listen to some motivating podcasts. Have a good day! :)
  • cbabie
    Morning all, yesterday was a bust in most areas..physical, mental, etc. I did not go for a walk, big family drama, bad choices on food...here was the worst.. I ate a BIG cinnamon bun, with LOTS of white frosting on it..for my final food group last night...LOL MY clothes fit awful today, but that's the price I pay. I am sure it didn't do anything for my sugar level. My best friend was just told she had pre- diabetes, but she could use diet and exercise and not medicine. She said - I have to get back to dancing.LOL. If you could see her dance...It's in her DNA. Not sure why she stopped...I guess Covid19 has done lots of different things to us. So I am on the bandwagon again .. I have to come up with my word for the new year...not sure what it will be...I wait and pray. This year I had Jubilee and Freedom...you know I believe I had both this year in spite of covid.

@trooworld DH can say things to us and we take it one way, a dear friend can say the same thing and it be taken another way. LOL. My DH is brutally honest. You always make me smile!!!!

@TeresaW1020 I love reading you post..you are so encouraging and thought provoking...not quite like my sister who loving nags at me. LOL. Yea on the loss...you know when I read what you had to lose, I said to myself she's got this...then I read your part about it might happen..."those are things Christmas is made of"

@mswatson0777 Yea I would not be able to handle an 8 hour zoom day..I was on one on Tues, for 1 1/2 hours and my mind kept jumping to other things. LOL So glad you got some dissertation work done.

@gemwolf110 Love the picture and so glad it's a picture and not my front door step. :). Yea on the work out...those kind of work outs I love because you get instant gratification from seeing the job completed. LOL

@renaegry Hope your knee is better soon...I like you idea..."December will most likely be a write off". Thats a great attitude...better than..I messed up, or I didn't meet my goal, or I didn't ...blah blah blah.

@theslightedgeforever Yes we grew up in totally different households.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 So far, it's the same plan I've been trying to do: track, drink more water, get better sleep. BUT I am also going to try to do 20 mins of exercise a day. We'll see if I actually do it. I hate exercise. I hope your planning day went okay. Looking at lights with a friend sounds fun.

@renaegry I used to have an Aria. I loved it.

@gemwolf110 We cut the cord a few years ago. I don't regret it. Geez, that's a lot of snow!

@TeresaW1020 Yes, easier said than done but it CAN be done! That's a good idea to focus on how far you've come. Congrats on the loss, well done! :)

@cbabie I'm sorry you are struggling right now. That's great that your friend can use diet and exercise to control her pre-diabetes. You reminded me I have to decide on my word for next year. I think I've lived up to this year's word, I've been committed. That's great that you've had both of your words this year. My DH is kind of like that too. Here's an example: we may be just about to go into a store or worse yet, a social gathering, and he'll go: "You have a long hair growing out of your chin, you might want to pluck it." GREAT. What am I supposed to do about it at this moment that we are about to see people??? LOL He is always doing that. Sometimes I could use a break from his honesty. ;)

Hello all. I got busy yesterday paying the bills and by the time I was done, I had forgotten to check in. I am up 2 lbs from last week and it really isn't a surprise based on how I ate this past week. And, we had sushi last night for dinner, which is salty. :(

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld I got 100% Yes, the top line is the current week. So how can you change your perspective on exercise from I hate exercise to I ......... We usually don't do things we hate. HA on your husband. I bet you're not laughing.

@teresaw1020 So now you have two goals for tomorrow. Reduce your carbs and extend your fast. Yaaay on your WHOOSH! I love those too.

@mswatson0777 I hope the holiday light walk was nice. A fun way to exercise.

@renaegry Still almost two weeks left in December. Try and make some good choices instead of saying, I'll just wait until Jan 1. Some weight gain could show up on your new scale that way. Yaaay on the new scale. Hope the knee heals fast so you can counteract the holiday eating.

@gemwolf110 Did you get on the treadmill? Even 5-10 minutes works. It's the habit that works for us versus the time. I'll be doing my first quarter goals the week after Christmas. Snow is pretty when it's in a pic. lol

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 20/42
    Week 2 # glasses of water 24/42,
    Week 1 # glasses of water 25/42,

# OP days 3/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 2/7
    Week 2 # preplanned days 4/7,
    Week 1 # preplanned days 5/7

• cbabie
    Morning all, I did get my walk in yesterday, but I ate everything in the house. I am just struggling with my eating. I get up each day and say not today, I won't go crazy today. LOL. Well I lie to myself. But I am still getting up and trying. That's the good news.

@trooworld I think if my DH did that to me...I would tell him his undershorts are hanging out the back. Something he couldn't see..lol. I think I am going to be back up 2 lbs too...but the fact of the matter is we haven't given up.

Cbabie