WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Matchka- Congratulations!

Katla- Are you unable to go to the stables now? Most horse stuff here is continuing with those on the ground masked and distanced, just the rider without a mask. Hard to get too close when you are mounted.

KJ - Sending healing angels for your back.

I have hit disagree a few times by accident usually when I am on my phone. I just touch it again and it goes away.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I love the idea of the Christmas Car Coffee Car Ocean Social. It is brilliant!😊
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Sue, the stable is available and I would love to go but DH has been very needy lately & I haven’t done much other than errands. I need to have a discussion with him, and I need to be in touch with my friend who owns the stable.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka :love: the pic. Your DH’s smile is so proud! And love the ER quote. But WOW your gorgeous before during and after grad photos. Hubba hubba!

Thank you! :blush:<3

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Look back at page 45 my second post from the bottom. Why would anyone give me a disagree for that post? Yes, someone is following me on this THREAD and is doing this on purpose. I doubt it is a regular or long time poster on this thread. Anyone have any idea who our moderator is and if they can see who is doing this?

• Machka9
    Our 2020 Christmas Tree ... :)

gx46py27ot3o.pngi7r0hql8u9f9.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    My kind of bingo card! :grin:

zxfb64ji9avi.png

M in Oz
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Faetta wrote: »
    Look back at page 45 my second post from the bottom. Why would anyone give me a disagree for that post? Yes, someone is following me on this THREAD and is doing this on purpose. I doubt it is a regular or long time poster on this thread. Anyone have any idea who our moderator is and if they can see who is doing this?

Fae

It sounds like YOU'RE getting these "disagrees" as if someone is making sure they hit the disagree button on YOUR posts, yes it does. It would mean someone has some deep-seated or otherwise issues with what you post... I have not seen anything objectionable to ANYTHING you post! I do not think it is ok that someone does this. It's not right.

charsuzy <3
    Washington state

• charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    edited December 2020
    Faetta wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I loved Rooster Cogburn, and I think John Wayne did a great job portraying his character. :star: I always liked Katherine Hepburn in any role she played. :heart:

John Franklin "Rooster" Cogburn was one of my great cousins. The family came from Cockburn Scotland where they were known for raising champion fighting roosters. Rooster had a cousin Fayette a tough mountain man and sharpshooter. They were involved in killing a man that messed with their women. Family rumor of old was that was where I got my name and tough mountain woman ways and became a dead eye sharpshooter with rifle or revolver. As they say in the Liberty Insurance ad, I don't see it hahaha!

You're right Fae, why would someone disagree with this post????? Who keeps making the mistake of hitting the wrong button on your posts?
    I've never gotten one, so I don't understand.... some people are not right in the head - we know this is around us and I'm not one to enjoy the negative dysfunction that some people have... Just say'n.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    M congratulations! Well done!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    @Machka9 Congratulations!

@Fae, I didn't follow all that. I saw that you had one post that got a disagree, but maybe it's on another thread the one with abundant disagrees? I didn't see it here, but I am not going back t check disagrees.

I used to like the woo button (now gone) because for me it very surely meant woo-hoo! yay! but for others it seemed to mean woo woo (an expression I'm not really familiar with or don't use at all) in a mocking way. I have to hold my tongue a bit to avoid saying something with a political bent or something that someone my feel is too critical. It's tricky as one doesn't water down one's thoughts too much either.

@Annie that's rough with the password. It's hard enough to keep on top of all that password stuff now. I can't imagine when aged 80 or so...

• bananasandoranges
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Good evening all:

Caught up reading the last couple of days-it is becoming a Friday wind down habit!

Julie-if the table isn't too far off, could you perhaps put some felt or cork on the leg cut to the shape to level it out? I would try something like that if return is a hassle. That is the problem with some of the on-line furniture. Your idea of hiring someone to help is a good one. I can put most things together, but it is difficult at times without another set of hands.

Machka-Congratualtions! You look very happy and your husband looks to be bursting with pride!

Had several sneezing bouts today and feel like a cold may be coming on. Of course, these days you feel strange you worry about Covid. I'll just wait and see. If nothing tomorrow, could just be some allergy symptoms.

In terms of vaccines here, I am not certain that after hospital workers and those in nursing homes how well other groups will be broken down other than by age. It would be very difficult to separate everyone out. Perhaps there will be something for doctor's to provide that could bump a younger person with significant health issues ahead. I am 66 and would fall into the "old group" that may come after medical personnel, emts, nursing homes, etc. but would not fight if someone younger with serious health issues got in line before me. I guess I will just sign up when they say I am eligible.

Got bone density scan today. Haven't had one for awhile. Since I have had both hips replaced they did my spine and my forearm. Have to stop by gyn office next week to pick up pessary-hopefully they have results then. Getting second shingles vaccine in between Christmas and New Years-health things should be taken care of.

Off to watch some Ancient Aliens and get a good night's sleep.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Hi Ginny, agreed about the table. I was mentioning it to a friend-colleague on the phone and he said that usually ikea is not too bad and if you check you might realise that you're missing few millimetres here because you didn't totally screw in totally there, and not to screw in all screws totally at the same time, so I'm going to try. I tried calling and didn't get the right service. It's very obscure and clear they don't want to make it easy to get help. Sof if it doesn't work with the table I'll add a bit of something underneath.

Do you think the sneezing could be from the dust after vacuuming? I'm 57 so am presumably very low priority, other than that I'm a teacher so I'll wait and see. Also, (not to criticise or influence others or get into a debate) I'd just as soon not be in the front line for vaccines, so others can see any issues that might emerge from it. If I were 70+ I might feel quite differently. I have never had a bone density check. I should as my mom had osteoporosis, but it seems to not be on the radar of frequent tests here. I'd have to insist upon it to get one. I remember some time suggesting it (maybe to youngish replacement doctor) and I think someone said it was not recommended.

• bananasandoranges
    bike assembled. works pretty well. looking at how to attach computer to handlebars. they have things for tablettes (which I really don't use) but not for laptops...I'm sure something can be made w/straps a thing piece of board or even firm cardboard and a few things to attach them. it's mostly a question of getting to it.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited December 2020
    ah, having trouble getting out of the house today... now it's already 4pm and sun sets in less than an hour.

I have a had a work-friend phone call. have sent some work mails. assembled the stationary bike. not a ton done, granted...but some...