Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    @kirsten11872 I’m on the same mission girl!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @melaniedscott i took a screenshot of your food list so I can look up recipes and try something new. You know of course after Christmas, lol. Thanks!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited December 2020
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    @melaniedscott i took a screenshot of your food list so I can look up recipes and try something new. You know of course after Christmas, lol. Thanks!

Kitcheree is, I'm told, Indian "soul food", not to be confused with Kedgeree (which involves fish? in porridge? really not the same thing. and, yuck). It is oil/butter, lentils, basmati rice, spices, broth, cauliflower and tomato or peas (added at the end). I've been adding onion, garlic and potato (see, ALL THE CARBS!) for almost as long as I've been making it, which is 15 years? I tend to add a sprinkle of cheese and sriracha to my bowl. Hubs prefers ketchup (herasy!!).

My recipe calls for red lentils, smaller, orange and break down pleasantly. You might find you like them more than brown, which can be chalkly--my husband, Eagle Scout, picky carnivore, and connesiour of horrific things you don't want to eat, thinks lentils taste like sand but happily eats kitcheree. I've got a pot on the stove now. Madhur Jafree, queen of Indian cookbooks, spells it Khichri. Her version calls for onion but not cauliflower, but she encourages

Tomorrow, I'm doing Ethiopian extravaganza, which means injera (flexible, pancake-like flat bread), denich besiga (beef and potato stew-spicy), and atiklet (cabbage, carrot, potato stew, includes onion, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno).

There are only two of us. This means we will be eating leftovers all week. Possibly lunch and dinner. Seriously. I don't know what I'm thinking...Clearly, I must be feeling some better.
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    Weigh-in
    Username: KUMEcyclingteam
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Friday (I know, I know....)
    Previous weight: 207.0
    Today's weight: 204.8
    Loss to date: 45.2

I knew I had lost, but did not expect 2.2 lbs!!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    Debbie Sharpe
    last week 127.6 - this Sunday 131 WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??????? I haven't weighed 130 in years, been staying around 124-127. Guess too many Christmas goodies, but I am staying under goal every day, walking all I can and doing a little bit of strength training. Oh well, I did it before I can do it again.

Sunday – 10,731
    Monday –10,892
    Tuesday – 16,174
    Wednesday –12,078
    Thursday –11,415
    Friday –11,993
    Saturday –15,496

I am not giving up - I know WHAT to do and HOW to do it- Keep on keeping on.........
    mjbsm48ohvyy.png
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/19 steps 1949
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Pw 121lb
    CW 120lb

Steps
    Sun - 6097
    Mon - 3509
    Tue - 9943
    Wed - 9458
    Thur - 12315
    Fri - 7329
    Sat - 14125
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hope002
    Friday
    CW 181.6
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

sh3ztz0yr8mv.png
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Hi,
    Sorry to not have checked in for a couple of weeks. Not been tracking or weighing, though have been keeping active. Please can I be moved to cheer squad until January?
    Thank you,

Done. Missed you. Enjoy your holidays, Lisa!
  • kandi3570
    Does anyone else feel like it’s a battle to get everything done for Christmas? I try really hard to stay ahead. But I always feel like I’m behind. Some more wrapping tonight then all I have left is cooking. It still feels like so much headed into the work week. Baking is done. Now there are cookies in the house. It’s not gonna be a good week for weight loss. 🤷‍♀️ Don’t mind my kitchen i started redoing my cupboards then my porch got hit and had to be rebuilt so we just have to deal with it until the spring.0fqm4nhbhscd.jpeg
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    25fjwvmcp59u.png
    1u93d7no2kgm.png
    shn4n4qmzo04.png
    crd49uis5ebs.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    7xodweybtm1f.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    3ungpaa7bba2.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @anido1 3.85 %
    2nd @Jen_967 2.69%
    3rd @CurvyCalorie 2.31 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @anido1 6.0 Lbs
    2nd @Jen_967 538 Lbs
    3rd @littleflutterby 4.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @kandi3570
    @Tazaria87
    @KristieJC
    @Steph1498
    @Bluetail6
    @veryhotmails
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @adhmrh
    @happimess01

46xr9xisfqos.png

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    @kandi3570 Yes! and I don't bake cookies. Or do dinners. I only just finished 'shopping' yesterday. For a lot of friends/family we make personalized calendars. This year I photoshopped our bears (teddy, not real, live bears, I promise) attacking Wisconsin Lighthouses. It was fun...but a lot of work. Usually I'm done by the end of October.

So, the (hopefully short) story of my obsession with very exotic (to many) cuisine starts in Minneapolis in 1994. One of my cousins lived there and introdued several family who visited (not me) to a restaurant called The Blue Nile. About a year or so later, she was killed in a car accident. I had been dating a guy who was not a nice person. Her brother decided in her honor to encourage me to exit my relationship, which was rapidly getting worse. As part of this crusade, he decided to introduce me to other cultures...and invited me to The Blue Nile in Kansas City, MO. Also, introduced me to good Greek/Mediterranian food. Said guy and I did split up (yay!) and over the next 9 months or so, I started trying new stuff on my own, like dating a guy from India (who recommended my favorite Indian restaurant) and a guy from Ethiopia (met at the Nile) and trying Thai food. By the time I met my (now) husband, I was actively pursuing cooking these dishes because I was a college student and couldn't afford to go to the wonderful restaurants all the timr (or to drive to the city all the time). And I created dating rules in there...any man who couldn't take the amazing food I love couldn't be happy with me. Since then I've added Vietnamese and Korean Then I met the Lee, and he passed all the tests and does a dance when I make Ethiopian and Indian and Thai. He isn't a fan of Korean...but I guess I can forgive that.
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    edited December 2020
    Weigh In Day: Sunday’s
    PW (Previous Weight): 150.7
    CW (Current Weight): 150.8

Ok sooo I’m maintaining but determined for this to move so I’m going to shake things up...

1) 30 minutes of exercise each day (even if it’s just a walk)
    2) Increase my water intake 75oz a day
    3) Green smoothie for breakfast (berries, banana greens)
  • kandi3570
    @melaniedscott that sounds like a very entertaining calendar! And if hubby likes most of your must haves then you do have to forgive him for the few he doesn’t, I suppose.
    I do cook! All the carbs!!! Lol I do the turkey, Cajun injected roasted turkey. Homemade stuffing, and homemade noodles. I still have presents in the shed, hid from my daughter that I have to dig out and wrap when she’s sleeping.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    25fjwvmcp59u.png

46xr9xisfqos.png

Congratulations, Kandi, Kristie, and Bob! You're killin' it.
  • 1theresamcvean
    @kandi3570 Yes! and I don't bake cookies. Or do dinners. I only just finished 'shopping' yesterday. For a lot of friends/family we make personalized calendars. This year I photoshopped our bears (teddy, not real, live bears, I promise) attacking Wisconsin Lighthouses. It was fun...but a lot of work. Usually I'm done by the end of October.

So, the (hopefully short) story of my obsession with very exotic (to many) cuisine starts in Minneapolis in 1994. One of my cousins lived there and introdued several family who visited (not me) to a restaurant called The Blue Nile. About a year or so later, she was killed in a car accident. I had been dating a guy who was not a nice person. Her brother decided in her honor to encourage me to exit my relationship, which was rapidly getting worse. As part of this crusade, he decided to introduce me to other cultures...and invited me to The Blue Nile in Kansas City, MO. Also, introduced me to good Greek/Mediterranian food. Said guy and I did split up (yay!) and over the next 9 months or so, I started trying new stuff on my own, like dating a guy from India (who recommended my favorite Indian restaurant) and a guy from Ethiopia (met at the Nile) and trying Thai food. By the time I met my (now) husband, I was actively pursuing cooking these dishes because I was a college student and couldn't afford to go to the wonderful restaurants all the timr (or to drive to the city all the time). And I created dating rules in there...any man who couldn't take the amazing food I love couldn't be happy with me. Since then I've added Vietnamese and Korean Then I met the Lee, and he passed all the tests and does a dance when I make Ethiopian and Indian and Thai. He isn't a fan of Korean...but I guess I can forgive that.

That's awesome. My reason for learning different cuisines is less resonant but it's for my international students. I learn their family foods so they don't feel homesick. I've learned Colombian, Mexican (not TexMex), and Vietnamese. My favourite day was when Wendy said I nailed one Vietnamese recipe. I asked if it was like how her mother made it and she said no, it was like at a restaurant. Wow!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Please check out and share some of your favourite writing with this week's "challenge" - to sit down and read something, take care of yourselves, and relax with some beautiful words.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10818581/sit-down-and-read-week-4-r-r-challenge/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.