Favorite Go To Smoothie.. what's yours? ❣️

kyrmeiluknm6.jpeg
This is hands down so good... And right at 100 calories..
1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
6 frozen strawberries
1/3 cup dannon light and fit Greek vanilla yogurt
1 cup baby spinach

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Mine tend to be higher cal, with plenty of fat, as for me they are a full meal, and people tend to think they sound weird, but eh.

My current favorite is winter squash, half an avocado, some almond butter (or some other sort of nut butter or else seeds), protein powder (I'm back on a protein powder kick, for a while I would add protein only from yogurt, chickpeas/white beans, and/or tofu, all of which are pretty neutral and add some body), lots of spinach or kale, a zucchini, and then either blueberries or strawberries (frozen).
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Couple bananas, 3 tablespons of PB2 with cocoa, couple dates, flaxseed meal, plant-based milk.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Last night’s desser smoothie was

1c homemade almond milk
    Squirt of vanilla
    113gr cottage cheese
    Banana
    14gr Jordan’s Peppermint Bark sugar free syrup
    A ton of ice

It came out pure white and tasted like I’d always imagined snow ice cream tasted. Def a do over.

Problem is, I get chills after eating a smoothie and that leads to full body shivers. I have to make sure I’m wrapped in a blanket and wearing a coat when I eat one. I told my husband it reminded me a dog we had as a kid. He always got a cup of ice cream when we kids got cones (mostly to keep the tears at bay when he’d inevitably steal ours). He’d gulp the thing down and then spend an hour shivering. I sympathize with poor ol’ Red these days.
  • DonnasJourney0805
    DonnasJourney0805 Posts: 75 Member
    @springlering62 that sounds like me.. but I still drink it down?😂🥶
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I don’t feel like smoothies fill me up at all. I need to chew to get that feeling of fullness, even if it’s the same amount of calories. 🤷‍♀️
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    1 large frozen banana
    100g frozen spinach
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp cocoa powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract

It's a nice frozen treat for me that uses up any spinach I didn't finish that week.
  • DonnasJourney0805
    @RelCanonical That sounds delicious 😃
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    @RelCanonical That sounds delicious 😃

It's not too bad on the calorie front either, the banana is most of the calories.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    My go-to lately has been kale, soy milk, vanilla vegan protein powder, dates, flax seeds, chia seeds, coconut yogurt, cinnamon and peanut butter. Absolutely delicious and fills me up for a couple of hours!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I love hot soups instead, so much more filling. Smoothies just don’t cut it; I think fruit is so much better to eat whole. And it’s apple season.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited December 2020
    My most common smoothies are the following.

Banana PB Chocolate
    Banana
    Powdered PB
    Cocoa
    Cinnamon
    Protein powder (unsweetened)
    Riced Cauliflower
    Avocado
    Cashew milk
    Greek yogurt

Cherry Greens Chocolate
    Banana
    Cherries
    Cocoa
    Cinnamon
    Nutmeg
    Greens
    Avocado
    Cashew milk
    Greek yogurt

Turmeric Ginger
    Carrots
    Banana
    Mango (or peaches)
    Prune
    Fresh ginger
    Turmeric
    Avocado (or tahini)
    Cashew milk
    Greek yogurt
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited December 2020

Cherry Greens Chocolate
    Banana
    Cherries
    Cocoa
    Cinnamon
    Nutmeg
    Greens
    Avocado
    Cashew milk
    Greek yogurt

Just wanted to add that I also make the following substitutions sometimes:

For the greens:
    Beets
    Rhubarb

For the Cherries:
    Blueberries
    Berry blend

These are all really good, especially the rhubarb which I have only found frozen in the US at Sprouts.
  • Not sure if I can call it a smoothie (it’s more juice like).

Avocado
    1/2 Peeled lemon
    Banana
    kale
    Spinach
    Water
    Ice

Sometimes:
    I skip the avocado or add some frozen mango.

• pjg2015
    pjg2015 Posts: 28 Member
    This is my smoothie protocol:
    I keep frozen banana in my freezer- they are the backbone of each smoothie for coolness and thickness
    I always use cinnamon(antioxidant that lowers blood sugar), I use coconut sugar to sweeten(I don’t like agave- so I want a lower GI than sugar, but feel free to use this or honey if you need a little sweetener), and chia seeds(omega and fiber rich and they thicken the smoothies as they hydrate)- these are my staples.
    Sometimes I also use nuts or a spoon of peanut butter or avocado- sometimes I need the creaminess.
    my ratio is 2/3rds veggies(usually spinach- but carrots, tomatoes, green carrot, kale, broccoli, beets, organic cucumbers, celery- no lettuce for me-it changes the flavor) and 1/3rd frozen fruit or berries.
    And I use coconut water or water- I don’t enjoy nut, seed or dairy milk or yoghurt- but these are options if you prefer
    a couple of ice cubes because sometimes the coolness can mask sharpness of some of the veggies if you are not used to the “raw” taste of veggies
    I try to use what I have, try to use seasonal, and keep in mind flavors that combine well, i.e.-Apples, carrots, and fresh ginger work well together.
    They average 300 - 325 calories- but with a 24 oz yield that takes me all morning to drink and I tend not be starving for lunch- it’s worth it to me as a meal replacement lb46et1ce5dz.jpeg
    yye7zoyf3da6.jpeg
    ez5j3xi962e8.jpeg

• Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Mine is always some type of chocolate banana!

1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 banana
    1 tbsp cocoa
    1 tbsp pb2
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (sweetened with stevia)
    Spinach
  • DonnasJourney0805
    @Kandisn29 that sounds great too😃
  • DonnasJourney0805
    @pjg2015 that all sounds so good..thanks for the new ideas ❣️😃