Relapsers getting Real Healthy Accountability group- 2020-2021

Replies

• Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    I was just scrolling through some of the other community chats and someone asked a question about updating for info as you lose weight and I had not thought of that but it makes sense. Soooo I adjusted my goals with where I am now and it lowered my daily calorie goal by 60. Not that much of a difference but hopefully I can adjust to that. I know, my timing is brilliant lol. Does anyone else update that info or had a change in goals? Has anyone else had MFP adjust it automatically for you?
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Yesterday wasnt a successful day for me. My husband is a COVID nurse and worked a long shift yesterday so when I got home he suggested a pizza and I dont have much control when it comes down to junk food like that, so I wound up over my calories goals and for good measure I over estimated so may have been slightly over maintenance as well.
    Today is my office Christmas party, although with COVID things are different so we just ordered in Panera and I am hopeful I can at the very least stay at maintenance but hopefully have a small deficit.
    I have the rest of the week off after today so I am looking forward to being home, keeping myself busy and not overindulging.
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Hi all! I'm in a great mood today because I passed the 15# lost threshold this morning. :smile: I've walked 5 miles per day over the last 3 days (Sat/Sun/Mon) - I won't be hitting that today as I'm working all day (took yesterday afternoon off) and have a blister on my heel from a loose shoe. My stepcount those days was 17.5k, 19k, 16.2k. This is the most consistent I've been with tracking my food and with getting in regular activity, so I'm very pleased with myself.

@Dukare - happy to see you pop in! So sorry about the lost post... that's so annoying.

@laurenebargar - welcome! Sounds like you've got some great goals to work towards. I struggle with portion control on things like pizza too - I live alone though, which makes things a lot less complicated. I haven't had pizza since I started this about a month ago, but am planning on doing a homemade pizza in my next grocery order.

@ClearNotCloudyMind - hope your cake turned out well!

@Gold6767 - I'm trying to make early mornings a thing, but I really struggle. I didn't make it today... yesterday was a bit of an anomaly, but one I'll be trying hard to make happen more often. I'm a bit of a nerd, so I'm actually tracking my calories in/out as sourced from MFP and FitBit on a spreadsheet to calculate what I theoretically should be losing if not for the impact of water weight, etc. I update my weight daily on FitBit, so it automatically adjusts the formula for how many calories I burn based on my new weight. That's similar to updating the MFP goals with your new info - I just do it daily! LOL. I do know that you can definitely expect adjustments to your goals as your weight changes. I think MFP will prompt you every once in awhile as a reminder to adjust.

@roxinronni - good job tracking what you could & getting some exercise, even if you weren't checking in. That's great to notice the small changes. :smile:
  • HealthyTrent
    Also, random revelation that occurred to me this morning: yesterday was not the best food day - I ended up drinking my Starbucks for breakfast and then I had a Whopper Jr. as my main dinner because I was unexpectedly out & about. However, I didn't let that derail me! Because of my activity I got in during the day, I actually did great in terms of my calories in vs. calories out, and I followed up my Whopper Jr. with a big ol' salad when I got home (various greens, tomatoes, kidney beans, light dressing). In the past I would've said f-it, if I'm going through drive thru I might as well make it worth it, and gotten a 1200 cal. meal. I'm really trying to find that balance where I can be imperfect (since no one is!) but still stay on track to meeting my goals.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Checking in... in the evening for once! It was a really active day, with a lovely hack out with my daughter and then a walk with my son. Horrid mud but it’s December so 🤷‍♀️. Food was good too. My son chose a Gordon Ramsay steak fajita recipe which turned out delicious and I managed to keep to just one tortilla wrap, which kept it all within budget, so woo!!!

@HealthyTrent those are fantastic step counts, no wonder you have a blister! Hope it heals soon. And do send that lovely weather our way... we need something to cheer us up in England.

@laurenebargar oh pizza, how I love it! We have a super local pizzeria who have delivered through the lockdowns. I tell myself that it can’t be that bad as they’re really lighthanded with the cheese. A sneaky help: my husband really doesn’t count pizza as “real food” so we don’t have it anywhere near often enough. Not that Indian or Thai is any better.

@Gold6767 I manually updated my goals after losing a bit and it knocked 100 cals off my budget for the same 0.5kg/W rate. Nearly down at the dreaded 1200 cal minimum now. I remember not updating last time years ago (I didn’t know) and so inadvertently overate (and wondered why my weight loss slowed down). I guess as we get lighter we ARE finding it easier to move about so it makes sense that we need fewer calories for normal life.

@roxinronni great stuff and keep it going... all the small victories and good choices have to add up in the end!

The cake is half-iced... marzipan layer should have dried out by now so off to do the fondant now. Been too busy all day to tackle it. Scale still lying to me from its corner spot but now I’m wise to it’s tricks and super-excited about seeing 73 for real by the weekend.

• Gefiun
    Gefiun Posts: 13 Member
    Gonna keep food tracking - but I’ve lost a bit of control. Really should have planned and executed a plan, but I’m still tracking so that’s one thing better than what I was doing before. :fingers crossed:

2021 - step goal TBD.
  • laurenebargar
    Checking in... in the evening for once! It was a really active day, with a lovely hack out with my daughter and then a walk with my son. Horrid mud but it’s December so 🤷‍♀️. Food was good too. My son chose a Gordon Ramsay steak fajita recipe which turned out delicious and I managed to keep to just one tortilla wrap, which kept it all within budget, so woo!!!

@HealthyTrent those are fantastic step counts, no wonder you have a blister! Hope it heals soon. And do send that lovely weather our way... we need something to cheer us up in England.

@laurenebargar oh pizza, how I love it! We have a super local pizzeria who have delivered through the lockdowns. I tell myself that it can’t be that bad as they’re really lighthanded with the cheese. A sneaky help: my husband really doesn’t count pizza as “real food” so we don’t have it anywhere near often enough. Not that Indian or Thai is any better.

@Gold6767 I manually updated my goals after losing a bit and it knocked 100 cals off my budget for the same 0.5kg/W rate. Nearly down at the dreaded 1200 cal minimum now. I remember not updating last time years ago (I didn’t know) and so inadvertently overate (and wondered why my weight loss slowed down). I guess as we get lighter we ARE finding it easier to move about so it makes sense that we need fewer calories for normal life.

@roxinronni great stuff and keep it going... all the small victories and good choices have to add up in the end!

The cake is half-iced... marzipan layer should have dried out by now so off to do the fondant now. Been too busy all day to tackle it. Scale still lying to me from its corner spot but now I’m wise to it’s tricks and super-excited about seeing 73 for real by the weekend.

Haha we never really order pizza or anything either, my husband really prefers home cooked meals (not that those are always low calorie) so when he does want to order out I dont object, but I do my fair share at my office job, something that I plan on stopping starting now! You should post a picture ofthe cake when you are done! I plan on decorating and making a cake Christmas eve for fun!
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Today is pretty stressful for me, my union is striking but certain job titles cannot strike because we are essential workers (myself included). Some coworkers wanted to do a potluck sort of thing, but I declined because I'm trying to stick with my meal plan. That's always difficult but I'm proud of myself for sticking with the plan. Weather was decent so I ran outside today. I'm sick of making future plans to get in shape, I'm doing it now.
    @ClearNotCloudyMind thanks for the feedback, I was wondering if 1200 would someday become the minimum for me it makes sense but it just seems so low I think at my worst I was hitting that in a single meal
    @HealthyTrent I like your nerdy approach to your calories! Sounds like you're going to be in a great position to hit your goals
    @Gefiun We've all been there. Try not to get too down on yourself when you don't hit your goals. I use a Jillian Michaels meal plan and then modify it a bit to sub out things I don't like. That type of thing may be a good way to get back on track, but really tracking everything is still great. Get set for tomorrow you can do this!
    @laurenebargar hope you and your husband are staying safe!
  • HealthyTrent
    Ahh... went off track a bit yesterday with some late night snacking (I have this big bag of sour candy from pre-trying-to-lose-weight) and I made a good dent in it last night. But - I did log everything. I think last night I was just tired and stressed because of my pup who had 11 teeth pulled, but he's doing better today and I'll stay the course. I'm in a stepbet challenge, so I have to be active the rest of the week or I'll be disqualified (don't want to lose my $$!). I took yesterday as my do-nothing day this week.

An NSV - so far this month I've spent less than $250 on food, which is waaaaaaay better than previous months and less than I have budgeted for it! It's amazing how quickly fast food / delivery adds up. I should be good with what I have through the end of the month, and some of what I spent $ on will last beyond Dec. I might pick up something to make myself a holiday treat, as I've not had any holiday cookies/cakes/etc. this season, but that won't add up to too much. I'll schedule my next grocery pickup for the weekend of the 2nd/3rd - I'm finding every 2 weeks is working well.

@ClearNotCloudyMind - the steak fajita wraps sound really tasty!
    @Gefiun - sometimes just staying the course with tracking is all we can do, but it's a really great foundation to have!
    @Gold6767 - the strike situation does sound stressful! Good job sticking with your plan despite the stress and the potluck requests... saying no can be difficult!
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Hi all, checking in after supper (which is the end of my eating day). Had planned out a nice light day and then my son heated some veggie spring rolls for lunch and my husband made a fruit salad for dessert. Both delicious and reasonably healthy additions but pushed me over my target. Oh well... we’ll see how tomorrow goes.

Huge hugs @gold6767 re the strike. I’ve recently joined a union for the first time and am v nervous about any possibility of strike action. Fingers crossed it never comes to that and that yours is resolved soon.

@Gefiun hugs to you too. It’s hard, especially in the first few days. I was sooooo hungry at first but getting through that while the initial enthusiasm was high set me up for a good couple of months without really wanting to eat much. It’s particularly hard at Xmas too. Just being aware of what you are eating is a huge step forward and one you can be proud of and build upon.

@HealthyTrent thats amazing getting through this month on $250. We do spend a fair bit on food. There’s 4 of us, generally pretty active so the kids probably eat more than I do! Its erratic though. Our fruit and veg come from the market and cost pennies while the meat can come from the local organic farm and be beastly expensive. Not eating out during lockdown has saved us £££ though! Please give your puppy a cuddle for me, and hope he’s recovering from the lost teeth. Our cat had all hers out a few years back and it gave her a new lease of life!

• ClearNotCloudyMind
    zj5a8m1phy0m.jpeg
    Oh, and here’s the finished Christmas cake! Merry Christmas everyone :)
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Hullo all, hope you’re off having fun?! It’s been a pretty good day here. The sun was out and we got a nice family walk in despite the localised flooding in our local park.

I’m super-chuffed having hit my stretch Xmas target for both weight and waist, so I did a dive into my old clothes and now have a whole new load of trousers and skirts to choose from tomorrow. Sadly my denim skirt is still too small but I plan to wear it for Valentine’s.

On the other hand, it’s Christmas tomorrow and I’m genuinely wiggy about the tsunami of delicious food which I’ve avoided for 2 MONTHS but will eat tomorrow. It’s just one day. There’s only so much “damage” I can do. But maybe I’ve only succeeded due to keeping tight control over my food and this will be the start of my inevitable regain. It’s not rational but I’m nervous more than I’m excited at the mo.

Hope you’re all having a brilliant holiday and see you in the other side.
  • HealthyTrent
    @ClearNotCloudyMind - love the cake!! The cat figure on top is great. :smile: And big congrats on hitting both your weight and waist targets! That's really exciting. I hope you're able to enjoy yourself tomorrow without too much stress over food.

The sun was out here today as well - I went for a short 1.25 mile walk in the morning, and then had an outdoor, masked, distanced visit with a friend - we had gifts to exchange. It was really nice to see someone in person, even if we couldn't hug.

I'm stressing a little over tomorrow because I'm going over for a short masked visit to my mom's to exchange gifts. (There's 4 folks in their household - my Mom & Stepdad, Sister & BiL). Between Covid and this being a hard time of year for me, I'd really rather just stay home and keep to myself. But - my mom really wants to see me, so I found a compromise that I could handle. I'll be bringing some food home with me tomorrow from Mom's & will zoom with them while we eat. My plan is just to eat reasonably, enjoy what I do eat, but not stuff myself full. I'm going to be trying really hard not to let myself dive headfirst into emotional overeating tomorrow.
  • HealthyTrent
    Hope those who celebrate are having a good Christmas. I started my day with a short walk (about 1.4 miles). I was able to minimize food damage by only bringing a reasonable amount home with me to eat - 1 cannollini, 3 street tacos (probably could've done with 2), 2 tortilla/meat/cheese roll-up things (which I'll eat tomorrow), and then a handful of cookies. I'm going to spread my cookie consumption out over the next few days! I did end up making a strawberry pretzel dessert that's all sorts of not-so-good for you, but I only kept a small portion for myself and left the rest at my mom's. I was gifted 2 bottles of wine - I haven't been drinking since I started my weight loss efforts, as my chances of making poor food choices go up exponentially with the amount of alcohol I consume, but if I stick to only a small glass when I want some, it should be fine. It also gives me reason to use the fancy wine-stopper thing I got from work a few months back.

I ended up with 21k+ steps yesterday because I walked the entire time as I watched the movie Gremlins. I think I'm going to go do another movie/walking session here shortly. Tonight I'm planning on watching a movie long-distance with a friend, but want to be able to sit down and enjoy that without worrying about steps. I'm currently at 7k steps for the day, but would love to have another 20-ish k step day.
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    Hi, Rashmi! My name is Meghan

I am so energized to see your post. I, too, seem to be stuck in a pattern of losing and gaining the same weight over and over. I am always happy when things are clicking and I'm losing, but I never get too comfortable in it because I know it won't last, as it never has. I also believe there are other issues - maybe food addiction or emotional eating, but SAME; I never give up!

I am 5'4" 175 lbs, and I would like to hit 155 by April 14, which is my 40th birthday! Ultimately, I would like to get to 135 lbs and STAY there!

I live in the Denver area, am a career woman, happily married with three teenagers.

Let's do this!

<3

This is sooooo me. I would like to join this group if possible?
  • BronTonRollyBeau
    BronTonRollyBeau Posts: 24 Member
    Hi Rashmi , I rejoined on 8th December but still trying to sort myself out.
    At the moment I'm finding my way around this app to make sure I use it to it's full potential which I failed to do in the past.
    I can do fairly well with eating when I'm working but tend to go off the rail when on holidays etc.
    By rejoining MFP I'm hoping to build enough connections to help support and encourage each other.
    So if anyone would like to add me ,that would be awesome 🙂
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    @goatelope and @BronTonRollyBeau welcome!

@HealthyTrent your day sounds brilliant! I really envy you your treadmill, as these walking movie sessions are obviously the best compromise. We were talking about turning one of our sheds into a gym with a treadmill and a turbo trainer (and a telly obviously) but got solar panels installed instead. Maybe next year... so impressed you managed to stay under on Xmas day too!

My day was pretty much as expected: 125% of what I’d planned! Instead of one glass of wine, I had 2... ditto on the mince pie and the knödel. On the other hand, at that point I STOPPED! I was full to giggling on the most sugar I’ve eaten since October, so it was even fun. We got a walk in too so I nearly offset most of it.

Now we’ve days of leftover turkey, which I am happy with, but also leftover mince pies, Christmas cake and cream. The big question is whether I can bear to throw it way as it’s either that or slowly munch my way through it. A soul-deep aversion to throwing away food has been handed down the generations but maybe the compost heap isn’t as bad...

Anyway, it was nice to wake up with my tummy feeling almost normal. Will hang onto that against the siren song of “just one” mince pie!
  • laurenebargar
    Sorry Ive been missing for a few days! Fully enjoyed my Christmas yesterday but today its back to reality and being back on track. For Christmas my husband got me an amazing new fitness tracker, and the game "ringfit" for my switch, I tried it out yesterday and its surprisingly a good workout! Pairing that with walking our dogs and going back to the gym when it opens near me im feeling pretty optimistic about the future.

I hope everyone had a great christmas if you celebrate, and if not I hope everyone is doing well!

• HealthyTrent
    I got 19k steps in yesterday - between my morning walk and then an early evening movie-treadmill session, it was good! Today I just finished up a really lovely 3 mile walk outside. It's in the low 60s today, so I didn't even need the light jacket I'd brought with me - the long sleeve shirt I had was sufficient. I've got the pleasure of living only a few blocks from a wildlife refuge that's nice to walk across from. I'm going to try and refocus over the next week on drinking more water again. I was good for awhile but then got away from it some. It's so important, especially with it being so dry where I live.

@goatelope and @BronTonRollyBeau - welcome!

@ClearNotCloudyMind - That's great that you woke up feeling okay today! Hope that can propel you into good choices in the week ahead. It's funny I actually bought my treadmill probably 6 years ago, but this is the most consistently I've ever used it! I'm trying to get walks in outside too, but sometimes I just feel like staying in the house, and walking on the treadmill is a good option. I ordered a rowing machine to give myself another cardio option besides walking - I know there's always things I can do without a machine, but I don't tend to be as motivated with that sort of exercise. I'm excited for it to arrive (supposed to be tomorrow)! I was surprised at how affordable it was. It also incorporates some core strengthening & upper body work, which I could use.

@laurenebargar - glad you enjoyed your Christmas, and that's so exciting that you got a new fitness tracker. Hoping that it adds some fun to your workout efforts. :smile:

• BronTonRollyBeau
    BronTonRollyBeau Posts: 24 Member
    Hi @HealthyTrent thank you 🙂
    I finally bought a treadmill about a month ago & my hubby assembled it just before Xmas.I do love going for walks outdoors but with the heat lately I like that theres No excuses to get some steps in.( I do need to start)
    Ive also thought about a rowing machine ,hope yours arrives soon.
    Here's to positive things for 2021