Maintaining weight and conrol

How did everyone do these past holidays with dieting? Whats your plan for christmas foods?

Replies

• brettchasteen
    brettchasteen Posts: 12 Member
    Hi Lisa, do you have cheat days? if so, skip a cheat day and enjoy your holiday meal and snacks. if you deprive yourself or make yourself miserable you will stop.
    enjoy, eat reasonable but partake in the holiday spread.
    Then work twice as hard the next week!!
  • Healthy_Body_46
    Healthy_Body_46 Posts: 17 Member
    Don't eat too much. Same plan as every day :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I look forward to holiday meals. I just don’t go cuckoo.

It’s what I do the other 360+ days in which I pay attention to.
  • lisa1225anne
    lisa1225anne Posts: 36 Member
    Hi Lisa, do you have cheat days? if so, skip a cheat day and enjoy your holiday meal and snacks. if you deprive yourself or make yourself miserable you will stop.

• lisa1225anne

• lisa1225anne

• lisa1225anne
    My cheat day is eating a yogurt called two good. It has 3 carbs and 2 g of sugar and only 80 callories. I turn it into a sandae by adding fat free sugar free whipped cream then i shave dark chocolate and yummm!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited December 2020
    if it was just one day I would be ok, temptations on tv all month, people bringing food gifts all month. I think it was a hard month. Then all the leftovers. I had to do some serious adjusting. Changing the channel on tv, throwing a lot of food gifts away or regifting, throwing away left overs when the food is yummy but know i get carried away on that high calorie carb and sugar stuff and all the Halmark tv shows with cookies and goodies not to mention the stores, xmas cookies everywhere.
  • lisa1225anne
    Same here we gotta be strong especially during these holidays
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    edited December 2020
    I don't freak out about it now and enjoy. I'm wiser and old enough to know that enjoying some REAL treats on occasion (and even every day) is better for me in the long-term than trying to abstain altogether or replace with "healthy" alternatives. I decide what treats/indulges I really want and balance everything out. I do enjoy baking so will make healthier alternatives most of the time, but when it comes to certain things--either I want the real thing or it's pretty impossible to do.

The truth is, I just feel better internally when I eat better, so if I eat a lot of junk I just don't feel good--physically or mentally. So, if I've had a few days of eating more and more junk than usual, I now know I feel better when I"ll get back to my regular eating plan. It's' not that I regret eating that way in the first place, though, and if I did regret it, it means it wasn't a conscious choice)
  • lisa1225anne
    I also feel better now that im eating right