80 pounds lighter, 5 years wiser ;)

uax8b4766tz0.jpg
tdoxris171dg.jpg
yd7pw7gliq74.jpg
166gsqcx7rx1.jpg
0rusj5k3w57u.jpg
t0k7onz4tb4n.jpg

I thought it was about time to post these. I've been a MFP member since 2013, but I'd say my weight loss story began in earnest in 2015. My starting weight was 206, and I'm down to 127. As a 5'2" female, that's taken me from a size 18 to a size 4. The journey was slow going at times, including one major 20 pound relapse, but looking back I really couldn't be any prouder of myself <3

I started by calorie counting with MFP and tracking my activity with my Fitbit. In the beginning all I could really manage for exercise was walking until I worked up to running, which I've discovered I have a true passion for. I've gotten to a point where I don't really need to log my food on a daily basis, mostly because I stick pretty closely to a set eating pattern that's worked well for me. I run three times a week, do lots of walking, and go on the occasional bike ride. I ran my second half-marathon this past weekend :)

Now that I'm mostly done with the weight loss, my next goal is to get into strength training so I can tone up. I'm always happy to add fitness-minded friends to my feed, whether your just starting or just still working, I've found that positive engagement with other MFP users has been super motivating.

Wishing everyone a happy journey!

Replies

• rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Congratulations on the success! And your second half marathon is a huge accomplishment as well!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    You look fantastic! Not least because there is a newfound confidence in your smile. I started at a similar weight as you. I'm more than halfway there. I may reevaluate my final goal weight. Did you do any strength training?
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Great job!
  • edflood
    edflood Posts: 5 Member
    Amazing accomplishment! What impact has the weight reduction made to your energy level, sleep, vitals like BP and heart rate?
  • Sadiepunkin
    Sadiepunkin Posts: 2 Member
    Wow, you look amazing and congrats on your marathons as well.
  • urban287
    urban287 Posts: 50 Member
    Excellent job!
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    You look fantastic! Not least because there is a newfound confidence in your smile. I started at a similar weight as you. I'm more than halfway there. I may reevaluate my final goal weight. Did you do any strength training?

I did bodyweight exercises sporadically. I'm working on trying to be more consistent!
  • missblondi2u
    edflood wrote: »
    Amazing accomplishment! What impact has the weight reduction made to your energy level, sleep, vitals like BP and heart rate?

Thanks! I feel so much better, and my cardiovascular health has greatly improved. Even when I'm not intentionally exercising, I just find I'm so much more active now.
  • Mellybean1183
    Mellybean1183 Posts: 28 Member
    Congratulations, you look incredible!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    What a beautiful, wonderful, and amazing transformation!! Go you. :):)

P.S. Inspirational
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    This is a wonderful story. Thanks for taking the time to share. It’s very motivational.
    18922 Posts: 102 Member
    Congratulations 🎉! You look amazing and you must feel so much better than at your highest. Be proud of your journey. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • missblondi2u
    Thanks everyone for your kind words 😊
  • dlmecum
    dlmecum Posts: 5 Member
    Congratulations on your success! Your pictures are inspiring!
  • shhhilo
    shhhilo Posts: 42 Member
    edited December 2020
    Wow congrats on your success way to stay on top of your goals and life you look amazing
  • chasitystiff9397
    chasitystiff9397 Posts: 25 Member
    Congrats you look great girl
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Wow!!! Congratulations!!! You must feel sooooo good!!! You look amazing!!
  • EileenL2015
    EileenL2015 Posts: 26 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS to you. You look amazing.....Great job sticking to the plan. Hoping I can get back in the swing of things after New years eve......Have had some health issues with my knees and has put me behind with my Zumba
    class. Any suggestions are sure welcome....What do you do about snacks....? Keep up your maintenance now and stay strong. God bless.
  • denisemc1407
    denisemc1407 Posts: 50 Member
    You look wonderful!!! GREAT job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!