Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm loved your list of things that make us retain water.

I think I'd like to move my weigh in day back to Wednesday, but I can wait till the new year if that makes things easier.

So, y'all. I worked out TWICE last week and TWICE so far this week! What?!? I honestly think I'm finally crawling out of some very thick mire I got myself into in the form of a massive slump.

Which brings me to this little message: if you're struggling now, it doesn't mean that the struggle will last forever. Keep breathing; keep figuring out how to do better tomorrow, and keep coming back here for insight and encouragement!

Happiest of holidays!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm Your post was timely for me! One night of drinking and a half a calzone isn't going to take away all of my progress. I am glad you are starting to feel better. Also, I can't get myself to get up when they are out of the seat on the bike. I feel like I am going to break the bike. I guess that will come as I get stronger. I also can't move my legs as fast as they are, I am peddling my heart out and am not even close! Lol! I plan to be more consistent in January on that bike.

It took me a while to finally do well on the bike - it's a slow, but worth it, process. Just keep trying, even if only for a few seconds. One of the instructors at my spin studio told me to take every challenge eight counts at a time. You got this!

@sleepymom5 Pam, you'll get better and better at it. Doing your level 9 versus what the others are doing is perfect. I can't remember if you are using Peloton or what, but maybe look up some skill-specific videos that show you how to come out of the seat. I think they start with just hovering an inch above the seat and have fun games so that it's not scary. Either that or Ashley, you, and I can Zoom in the new year from our bikes. ;0
  • 1theresamcvean
    kiane50 wrote: »
    You all are amazing but I haven’t been able to keep up with the weigh ins and any real participation
    So I’m going to have to quit the group. Sorry and many happy weigh ins to you.

@kiane50 Come back when you're up to it. Sometimes you just can't get on the right side of the ball and it happens to almost all of us at one time or another. Some of the most successful on the team have gone through periods like this and come back strong. Hugs.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Sorry I’ve been absent a few days. We worked some overtime to get the full 4 day weekend off. So Christmas cookies! They have to go. I’m going to freeze some just to get them out of my face. I did really well until yesterday and now I keep looking at them and popping one in my mouth when I walk past. Sugar is an addiction. I’m an addict. And I can’t control myself when there is temptation. So anyway I’m still weighing in. If I gain that’s on me and my addiction. And needs to be a life lesson.
    Lol @minstrelofsarcasm people who treat retail workers badly right now should have water retention. Especially this year!! I feel bad for them subjecting themselves everyday for part time jobs that don’t pay well.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx i know it’s soo much. I over do it for sure. Kiss cookies are my weakness. My nephew though loves the chocolate ship cookies. Enough that, he even got the recipe and tried to make them once. So I make a huge batch and half of them are his. He will eat every one of them and hoard them in his room so no one else can get any. And at 6’2 he’s still skinny so he can afford it. 😂. So I make enough for him to feel special and everyone else to have some too.
    Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a great holiday! I will probably not be back on here until Saturday for weigh in.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    I made some black bean brownies yesterday for me and are only one piece, but had oatmeal cookies too. Made another batch of brownies today to give to My kids tomorrow. We are exchanging gifts but not having a meal together - so different from usual.
    Merry Christmas to all!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Sugar cookie extravaganza! We decorated cookies today and the kids and I had a fun time. Of course too many cookies jumped into my mouth. We made gift boxes for my sister and the kids grandma so at least some cookies are out of the house.
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    PW 153.4
    CW 152.2

I have not kept up with logging my meals this week, will do better next. Merry Christmas eve everyone!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/23 steps 10332
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Sleepymom5
    Week 4
    PW: 194.8
    CW: 193.8

I was hoping for more but I will take this! Can I keep my weigh in day Thursday for next week too. Once we are through the holidays I will go back to Friday :)

• 1theresamcvean
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and happy Tuesday team. Sorry I haven’t been very active this month but I wanted to make sure to wish you all wonderful holidays!! My son and Sunny are driving in from Chicago now -this is a picture of Sunny in his little travel bag. When he sees it he knows he’s coming to see me❤️

7fheon4zsk6l.jpeg

Aww, I just love this Sheryl. (If you get this message three times, it's because I posted it twice last night and it vanished.)
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-forgot to log and not bad I am sure
    Water-over 64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking video, PT, stretching and strength

This evening will be our big Christmas celebration so I don't have much time to check in. Yesterday I was so proud of myself. I set the alarm to get up and exercise because I had such a busy day ahead and I did do it. I got a ton of stuff accomplished. I also did well eating but did sample a bit when I was baking. For the next two days my plan is to still exercise, get my water in but then enjoy the holidays. I am going to enjoy whatever I want but not stuff myself. Saturday I will be right back at it. I really want to finish December AND 2020 strong and with momentum to continue in 2021!

Enjoy the holidays everyone!

@minstrelofsarcasm What a good idea to just do it for 8 seconds and build from that. I am going to give that a try.
    @tryingagin5 Don't beat yourself up over the gain. Even with the overeating, that number will drift down. Refer back to Ashley's post with the fluid retention. I think you have a good plan with the food prep. I find it helpful if there is something else to grab instead of junk. Sorry you still aren't feeling good but at least there is some improvement. Enjoy your long stretch off from work. I bet by the end of your vacation you are going to be feeling a lot better.
    @GingerPwr I am glad to hear that you are starting to get out of your slump. Great job with the exercise. Hope you have a little break from work now.
    @1theresamcvean Thanks for the tips for getting out of the seat, I am going to look into that! I don't know if I am coordinated enough to zoom on the bike Lol!
    @kandi3570 I can relate to the snacking on cookies. I have been putting off the baking until today. I may have to pack up and give away or I like the idea of freezing too. Sadly, that may not be good because I have been known to eat frozen cake when I have tried that. Enjoy your stretch off from work. xo
    @lennoncpa I always love the Sunny pics! Hope you had a Happy Hanukkah, the month flew by and I didn't even think. Sorry. Don't you have a beautiful menorah that you posted one year. Enjoy your son's visit. :)
    @pacsnc6 How do those brownies taste? I heard you can't tell but I have never tasted or made them. It is a crazy year, enjoy seeing your family. I was thinking of having a summer party when this is all over to make up for all the holidays and get togethers we have missed.
    @mxlaw90 I think that is a nice loss, especially with not logging! Enjoy the holidays :)
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @sleepymom5 If you like fudgy brownies you will like the black bean brownies. I found the recipe posted on here a few weeks ago and tried them for something different and thinking they are better for me than regular brownies made with flour and sugar.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 191.2
    Cw 187.3
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5
    Thanks! It's definitely not fluid retention with everything I've been eating but thank you for the encouragement.😊

I do so much better if I have somewhat of a plan and since I have plenty of time to do it while I'm off work I'm going to take advantage of doing it.

Thank you. I think part of my issue is the pain/soreness/tenderness in my back and hip. I'm also glad there is some improvement even if it's slower than I would like.

Enjoy your Christmas celebration!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    My Christmas Eve was spent differently than planned.

My vacation started yesterday so I slept last night instead of having to sleep during the day. I was pretty tired so I went to bed early and then ended up waking up around 3 in the morning. Couldn't get back to sleep so I got up at 4 and did some laundry and did a few exercises to try to help with my back and hip.

My dad and I were supposed to go to my sister's today for our family Christmas but the weather wasn't that great. At times I couldn't see the condos across the soccer field from me and that was when it was still light out. It snowed a lot today and was very windy and there was a winter weather advisory for our area. My sister lives 45 minutes away so we decided not to go since she's even closer to the lake and the weather is usually worse there. What's interesting is that yesterday it was 50 degrees here and today is the first significant snow we've gotten.😯

I ended up shoveling an inch or so of snow this morning. I haven't gone back out so I'm not sure how much more there is.

I watched a Christmas movie and since I was pretty tired from not sleeping much last night I took a 2 hour nap.

My church is doing a drive in service tonight but I know I won't be able to sit in my car for an hour with my back/hip issue so I plan on watching the livestream. Hopefully it works. Last week, I wasn't able to watch it. The video kept going in and out.

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • Meri Kirihimete - Merry Christmas!

I am finally in bed at midnight after a long day. We got up early and drove the kids and all their (unopened) presents to my mums place 2 hours away. First Xmas day I have had with mum in 9 years I think? She is usually working.

We got home around 6pm, ate trifle for dinner (because pudding is a dinner food on Xmas 😄) and watched Home Alone followed by Die Hard. Good Xmas movies.

I didn't count a single calorie all day, ate all the sugar (or it feels like it) and tomorrow I am straight back into my usual routine. In fact I think I'm going to tentatively try regular strength sessions again. I'm also not going to weigh myself for a week or so, if I can please be excused this week from weigh in? @minstrelofsarcasm I'd take the hit from just the Xmas food, but there will be a spike from lifting there as well. I don't want to look at that number lol.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas 🎄 😊 🎅
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/24 steps 3625
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx holy cow that cake is too pretty to eat! Happy birthday to your mom!

And Happy Christmahanukkwanzayule to everyone else!

We're staying home just the 4 of us this year. It's tough to be missing family but it's the safest choice right now.

Hubs and I are about to go make a holiday breakfast, complete with smoked gouda grits and bloody Marys...

Have a wonderful day!
This discussion has been closed.