Should I maintain or bulk?

Before tier 4 was introduced in the UK, I was bulking eating at around 3,100 calories per day. I was also training 5/6 days a week. 2 weeks into my bulk, the gyms have now closed. What should I do? My original plan was to bulk to the 15th of February which would give me a 2 month bulk. That would then give me loads of time to cut off any excess fat for summer. What do I do now? Christmas I will eat what I want but after Christmas, do I cut? Do I bulk? Do I maintain? My plan was to try to put on a stone of lean muscle. Any help would be greatly appreciated and even better, if you want to, add me and PM me! :)

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Do you have a way to train without the gym?
  • JoeyFitness1718
    JoeyFitness1718 Posts: 38 Member
    I have a couple of dumbbells that go up to about 30kg of weight and that’s it.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    14lbs of lean muscle mass by mid-February? How long were you bulking before the tighter lockdown rules?
  • JoeyFitness1718
    JoeyFitness1718 Posts: 38 Member
    2 weeks. I don’t expect to get the 14lbs by mid Feb. It’s just a long term goal.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I have a couple of dumbbells that go up to about 30kg of weight and that’s it.

Unless you can find a way to train effectively eating in a surplus (bulking) will just make you fatter.