New and HOPING to improve

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this whole posting and online tracking stuff. The only reason I did get on is because I joined a gym in December and had 3 free personal training sessions. Well, after being told how unfit I was and that all that can change for a fee...not in my price range, I told the guy that I could do it on my own. Well, it has been 2 months and I was at the gym the other day and they same guy came and asked me if I wanted to check progress with him. Well, needless to say, I haven't lost anything. I wasn't TOO surprised. I mean, I haven't been going consistently BUT the last few weeks I have been. I have been really good about it. So, I figured I would have a few pounds off me BUT NO...this resulted in him harassing me and telling me that if my body was worth enough to me I would find a way to pay for a trainer. SO, after going home crying to my husband, I decided that it is time for a change...I decided to implement weight training into my workouts and after talking to a friend, I decided to keep track of my food very closely and to tweak my meals and exercises even more. SO...I joined this site so I can keep track of my food. However, the problem I have is that this site tells me I can only have 1200 calories a day but 3 trainers told me that I should have about 1400. Its only 200 calories more but I am struggling with which way to go. On one hand, eating only 1200 seems reasonable BUT if it isn't right then I might not lose because Im not giving my body enough calories.

Anyways...I wanted to let everyone know that I am new to this site and I struggle with body image. I really really want to feel comfortable in my own skin and am thinking that maybe having an online support group will help me.

So...HELLO EVERYONE and I will try to put my struggles on here as well as the successes...if they start to come. From blogs I have read, it sounds like I have the same struggles everyone else has.

Replies

• lindsay0311
    lindsay0311 Posts: 24 Member
    Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this whole posting and online tracking stuff. The only reason I did get on is because I joined a gym in December and had 3 free personal training sessions. Well, after being told how unfit I was and that all that can change for a fee...not in my price range, I told the guy that I could do it on my own. Well, it has been 2 months and I was at the gym the other day and they same guy came and asked me if I wanted to check progress with him. Well, needless to say, I haven't lost anything. I wasn't TOO surprised. I mean, I haven't been going consistently BUT the last few weeks I have been. I have been really good about it. So, I figured I would have a few pounds off me BUT NO...this resulted in him harassing me and telling me that if my body was worth enough to me I would find a way to pay for a trainer. SO, after going home crying to my husband, I decided that it is time for a change...I decided to implement weight training into my workouts and after talking to a friend, I decided to keep track of my food very closely and to tweak my meals and exercises even more. SO...I joined this site so I can keep track of my food. However, the problem I have is that this site tells me I can only have 1200 calories a day but 3 trainers told me that I should have about 1400. Its only 200 calories more but I am struggling with which way to go. On one hand, eating only 1200 seems reasonable BUT if it isn't right then I might not lose because Im not giving my body enough calories.

Anyways...I wanted to let everyone know that I am new to this site and I struggle with body image. I really really want to feel comfortable in my own skin and am thinking that maybe having an online support group will help me.

So...HELLO EVERYONE and I will try to put my struggles on here as well as the successes...if they start to come. From blogs I have read, it sounds like I have the same struggles everyone else has.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Hey there, welcome!

If you exerise you will get more calories from MFP. I think the weight training is a great start! I began with elastic exercise bands and worked my way up to weights. Muscle mass will burn more calories, even at rest!

Definitely hold yourself accountable for every morsel of food you ingest each day. Be honest with yourself! And don't let too many days go by without working-out somehow - even if it's a long walk or climbing stairs for 15 minutes (you'd be surprised how many calories that will burn!)

Welcome to MFP! You can do this - and you CAN do it without paying someone else an arm and a leg!! I lost over 100 pounds on my own.
  • Welcome to MFP!!!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I would say, go with 1400 for a week, then 1350, then 1300, then 1250, then 1200. I'm guessing that with only 11 lbs to lose, you aren't obese... It might take you a longer time to drop the weight. The less you have to lose, the longer it takes to come off (generally speaking).

Good Luck!

P.S. Don't *HOPE* to lose the weight, put it in your brain that you WILL.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: