I lost over 100lbs and kept off for 4 years

Yasmine91
Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
It's been a very long time since I last posted on this forum. Truth is I didn't need to use this site after I had learnt a few things about the things I had to unlearn ...if that makes sense.

Almost five years ago, I weighed 255lbs and I had a hard time with losing weight as we all do. To cut a long story short, I wasn't being honest with myself and I realised that all of this was absolutely in my head. I had to sort out my fears, my habits and stop worrying so much about my weight. So I let go and it all became so easy. I decided that I will eat whatever I want just EAT LESS. I was eating pizza's, cakes etc without worrying about the calories. I was honest about all the things that I ate and always held accountability. If I ate a snicker bar at lunch time, then I don't need to eat another one later. I was able to just be normal. So far I've kept it off, and I intend to keep it that way.

Here are my before and after pics :)
8izz8qeaedp1.jpg
w7o9z94b5xf4.jpg

Replies

• 142jmh
    142jmh Posts: 82 Member
    You are awesome! Thank you for sharing, it's so motivating to see people that achieve success in long term maintenance :)
  • urban287
    urban287 Posts: 50 Member
    You are inspurational I have been trying to lose the same fifty pounds for seven yearrs...it goes up and down...I haven't given up but it still gets frustrating...
  • Yasmine91
    142jmh wrote: »
    You are awesome! Thank you for sharing, it's so motivating to see people that achieve success in long term maintenance :)

Thank you so much I hope you're finding success in your weight loss too hun! x
  • whisegui
    whisegui Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations on your success! You look great! Might I ask what you've learned along the way that helped you the most? Especially what you had to unlearn. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Congratulations. Thank you for coming to encourage others
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    What an amazing and inspirational transformation!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    wow that is great. I am trying to do the same, eat what I want but cut back if I had too much at one meal. A balancing act. I weigh 160 and dont allow myself to go over 165. This has worked for the past 3 years. I still want to eat too much but make myself do right. You are an inspiration. If I deprive myself of a candy bar that doesn't work. A lot of the times I will just eat half of these high calorie foods.
  • Yasmine91
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    wow that is great. I am trying to do the same, eat what I want but cut back if I had too much at one meal. A balancing act. I weigh 160 and dont allow myself to go over 165. This has worked for the past 3 years. I still want to eat too much but make myself do right. You are an inspiration. If I deprive myself of a candy bar that doesn't work. A lot of the times I will just eat half of these high calorie foods.

It really is a balancing act lol that's a good way to put it. Your like me, if I deprive myself then I'll regret it later 😂 Just have a mix of everything and watch your portions, the rest will follow x
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Amazing transformation! Congrats on learning (and unlearning) what you needed to do to get where you are. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • shhhilo
    shhhilo Posts: 42 Member
    Congrats you look amazing its super awesome how you have maintained a healthier lifestyle
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!