2020 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• armymimi
    armymimi Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! Trying my best to lose weight this year. I have reached an all time high and all in the belly. I am 53 and I feel like my weight is really starting to affect the weigh I feel, and its not great. No energy, out of breath, can't fit into my clothes and an overall feeling of BLAHHH.
  • Would love to connect.
    Lost 75 pounds 3 years ago and maintained it until gaining 40 back during covid. On a journey to reclaim what got away from me and then some.

SW: 327 Ibs.
    CW: 296 lbs.
    GW: 220 lbs.
  • how do you friend folx?

Click on the person's name, it will bring up their profile, click on their name again. Then select the community icon to the right and it will send out a friend request.
  • whydoiexist12
    whydoiexist12 Posts: 6 Member
    Heyyyy! I'm a newbie to MFP. I'm not overweight, but I'm at risk of being so. This site was recommended to me via Google. Hopefully, I'll be able to lose a few pounds and be able to maintain it with a bit of guidance :)
  • cutiekaylee
    cutiekaylee Posts: 1 Member
    I'm not new to MFP but I'm new as far as trying again...

I'm more than 100lbs overweight and with the current world it has only been getting more and more stressful to be in this body and keep having thoughts that if, God forbid, I came down with this Corona virus I'd be a goner for sure. I'm desperately trying to change my habits and thought patters so I can move forward and be a happier me.

I have been overweight all of my life and have gotten on the weight loss train and fallen off more times than I can count. I want and need this time to be different so I'm hoping the community of people all working together towards a common goal might help me. Here's to the future I've wanted for as long as I can remember.
  • bernshrop
    bernshrop Posts: 5 Member
    Hello all!! I'm excited to be on this journey. I need to lose about 70 lbs. I didn't put it on overnight so I'm not expecting it to come off overnight either. I'm taking this journey day by day.
  • CozyCow
    CozyCow Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! New account, old member. I’ve been eating an average of 2077 cals since Jan 1st and maintaining. Looks like I figured out my TDEE and now time to start eating less. Wish me luck, I’ll starve 😂
  • SeanOB541
    SeanOB541 Posts: 2 Member
    Day Two - Going Strong. One day at a time! Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday
  • jofveil
    jofveil Posts: 5 Member
    Hello. I'm turning 34 next month and need to really get on track to lose weight. I'm overweight at 4'11" and my doctor keeps telling me to go on Weight Watchers. I know I need to lose the weight, I'm just lazy about it but decided today it's about time I do so to help my back and joints (they pop when I walk and I get out of breath easily). I can't walk more than maybe a mile without getting pale and clammy/out of breath plus I've no physical upper body strength (can only lift maybe up to 15 lbs on my own)-but my family contributes that to my premature birth as I had to go through physical therapy just to get me to walk and hold my head up. Unfortunately, where I live, I don't drive and we have no sidewalks or street lights here with which to safely walk on these back roads and there are not sidewalks everywhere in town...I'm out of breath just walking up and down the hill leading to my apartment. :( I guess I just hope to get healthy and take the pressure off my back so I can feel better about myself, physically and mentally. I suffer depression, PTSD and Anxiety which doesn't help matters plus a lot of stress.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,893 Member
    edited January 2021
  • Watsica
    Watsica Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone.
    Longtime MFP user, first time visitor to the community. I've been trying to gain muscle definition and lose inches all my adult life. I guess I have the kind of body that gains weight even I take a deep breath. I've always been a runner but took up weight training a couple of months back. I definitely see the results but not as fast as I'd hope. I think I have my exercise regime well settled but I generally am unable to maximize my protein intake. Micronutrient management is a big tussle. Hitting 31 soon with a 3 year old.. starting out in the community for support with my diet and extending it if anyone needs it. : )
  • cshaner
    cshaner Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! Is there a 2021 version I should be using?
  • myhair04
    myhair04 Posts: 2 Member
    Noobie here ,need friends to keep me on the ball
  • EmeraldIsle1717
    EmeraldIsle1717 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello everyone! I used to be on a similar website, but for some reason or other can't seem to get back in there. I remembered hearing about MFP around the same time I was told about the previous place, but joined FS because I had a friend who was in it too. Last I logged into it was 4 years ago, when I was a stay at home mom and able to work out twice a day. I finally went back to work at an elementary school now that my little ones aren't quite as little. I wish I could say that I've gone back to working out, but it's been a struggle. I got frustrated after working out for three months, 3-6 times a week (jump rope and resistance training on my DH's bowflex), with no results. Then I found out I had adrenal fatigue and it was causing my body to do the opposite of what I wanted it to do. To top that off, I have inherited my grandma's insomnia and went through last year with constant worry and anxiety. (Mom was diagnosed with cancer, taking care of my grandmother, worrying about family in the Philippines who caught COVID, saying goodbye to loved-ones because of COVID, behind on bills and mortgage, and the list goes on). Now that I'm working, I have to get up at 4 a.m. to be at work by 6 a.m. and go straight to one of my children's soccer practices right after school. We don't get home til close to 9:00 p.m. I try my best to walk during school hours, but I know it's not even close to enough. So here I am, trying to get back on Keto and Intermittent Fasting, while attempting to log in what I eat just so I can *SEE* it--not necessarily to count calories. The weekends are the hardest for me since I have to feed three kids and my husband who aren't doing Keto. I'm hoping that logging into something and being conscious of what I'm eating and doing will help me get back on track. Not sure if it will, but at least I'm trying. I hope that counts for something....
  • melmagpdx18
    melmagpdx18 Posts: 2 Member
    New here. Not sure how to use this to my advantage. Any tips for a newbie? I think I’m going to start with the recipe section!
  • dubbo66
    dubbo66 Posts: 6 Member
    Looking for Aussie friends please add me.
  • Redfish72x
    Redfish72x Posts: 17 Member
    Hey hi :) need friends on here
  • MJasmineJ
    MJasmineJ Posts: 2 Member
    Hey all I'm back again. for the millionth time! lol! I'm hoping this time sticks. I'm down 9lbs already and feeling pretty good! Sweets are my weakness and I hate cooking sometimes! anywho! I would love some friends to help keep me accountable!!!! My goal is to lose a total of 186lbs over the next 3 years! LETS DO THIS!!! :)<3
  • thomasbp4153
    thomasbp4153 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, Day 1 and looking forward to making a change in my life. Will use this community to get some inspiration! Here we go!!!
  • shannongus
    shannongus Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone!!! Noobie here!! I want to lose 100 pounds, but I like to keep it to 5lbs goals.. Last year I lost 25 pounds and then Covid, I gained it all back. I am a contact tracer in NY and work 40 hours a week sitting for 10 hour shifts, I am basically sitting all day with no exercise.... I hate exercise, but I know I need to start..I run out of breath so easily...ugh
This discussion has been closed.