Old but new

Hi folks, I was a member here and active several years ago (2014) and had some success. But in the intervening year gained back the weight. Mitigating circumstances? Yes a few health issues including a quadruple bypass and blockages in my legs making it difficult to walk/exercise.

Today, I am looking at surgery on my legs, but I want to lose weight bother before and after to make life better. I have sat around far too long and want very much to do a few things - I am a nature lover and allowed myself to be stymied for too long.

I hope to met a few friends in here and try to support them as well as gain a little support for myself. Thanks for listening!

Tom

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Hey there Tom! 👋🏿 What's your fav thing to do while you're out in nature?
  • IWTBF67
    IWTBF67 Posts: 68 Member
    You can add me! I have blocked leg arteries but love to walk.
  • Killienutz
    Killienutz Posts: 2 Member
    My favorite things to do in nature? Well I am a bird watcher and live in the mountains. And I collect, breed and raise small fish, both native species and tropical ones. The collecting is the nature part.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Welcome, Tom! I'm old but old. 😉 (On MFP since 2015, now age 65.)

Sounds like you've been through a lot these last few years, and I'm betting weight loss will help make things more manageable. With the mountains around you, and that range of nature-oriented hobbies, that should be both temptation to get back out there, and motivation to accomplish it.

I'm sure the surgery will help with mobility, too. For me, most of weight loss was just managing the eating side of things more effectively, didn't really change things up on the activity front (though I was already pretty active, even while obese).

Wishing you much success!