Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,880 Member
    Another new member heading your way .... Please welcome @dbrinkmeyer :)
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    Hey peeps!

I've exercised two whole days in a row!!! I had such a huge slump this year that I want to finish the year strong.

Also just had a delicious "nourish bowl" of carnitas pork with rice, black beans, lettuce, avocado and a little cilantro lime yogurt dressing. I might have another bowl for dinner later.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx you have the most beautiful views on your walks!

@cindesstuff welcome back!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @ljdanny congrats on being the #1🎊🎊🎊
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Hello! I am excited to be a contributing member to this team. Struggling a lot this year with what's its like after "the change." I love hard work and a challenge. Thanks for letting me be a part of your team.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @sleepymom5 wooo whoo dancing on the ceiling.

I had a good day yesterday. I ate on plan. I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was satisfied. I drank all my water and got 9145steps in. I have been working on leaving bites behind and I did that for all three meals yesterday and had no evening snack.

I am on track today. I have a call on binge eating at 6 so I am cooking dinner while I type. I have been thinking back on 2020 and all that I have learned.

I have:
    gotten my eating disorder under control
    learned my thoughts cause most things that happen in my life.
    learned I get to choose whether I believe my thoughts or not
    lost 20 pounds
    am learning to love and care for myself first
    I am learning how to lose this weight for the last time

I am a work in progress. it is going to be fun to build the new me! without food to consume my time I will have all kinds of time to explore what I really enjoy. I don't even know what that is but it is going to be a wonderful adventure while I figure it out.

I am off to finish dinner, cauliflower and ham casserole. Then to my coaching call.

What have you learned this year?

Progress without reflection is a waste!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Well ladies again I had typed out this really long message and then I was disrupted and it never got posted and it disappeared.

@Cafelelia you will be missed. I’m so happy for you that you have attained your goal and maintained it though. Now to enjoy what you have earned and learned from your journey. I will see you around though. 😁

@sleepymom5 New Years is so much easier. So much less temptation. I have no interest in having 2nds or 3rds of kraut. I think my downhill fiasco with the Christmas cookies just showed me how addicted I am to sugar. So that’s something I know now and have to deal with.

And to all of our new members “Welcome” it’s exciting to see so many new people joining. I hope you all get as much from this group as I have. When you are struggling post. Someone has likely been there. I’m not the best supporter on the group, as I’m not here everyday. But if you see me everyday that means that I’m struggling or I need inspiration. In the beginning this really helped me be accountable on the days where I wanted to eat every snack food in the house.

I am recovering from my Christmas mistakes and the scale is beginning to show it. I’m hoping to be at 183-184 at weigh in that’s where I should have been last week. After the first of the year I am switching gears so weight loss may be slower. I’m going to work on toning before summer. I don’t know what’s possible at 43 to tone this extra skin, but I’m going to try. Collagen supplements, lots of water (which I don’t get enough of) and lots of strength training. I’m just going to be using a weight bench at my moms and whatever I can do here until the weather breaks and hopefully covid is in a much better place. Then I’m going to join the gym. My daughter is excited to join the gym with me. It’s great that I feel like I’m finally doing something to influence her. She has nothing to do with my low carb lifestyle, just so you all know. Even though a big part of this was to inspire her to make better choices, for medical reasons, not because she is heavy. She isn’t, and I wouldn’t care if she was. I’d just like her to want to be healthy and Carry that through her life with her.

I want to thank all of you for your support and having a place to be accountable. Just a place where people are going through the same things is helpful. Even if I just read and don’t post. It helps me. I think a lot of us relate to the people closest to us not really understanding. And that’s ok because they’re not in the same place that I am. And it’s human nature to try to make someone fail at something that they are unwilling to do for themselves.

Even though my goal weight is mutable I am getting closer. I think I would like to get to 168. Just to be able to say that I lost 100 pounds. But I think when I increase my calories and build muscle the weight will come off slower. We’ll have to see. But I plan on being here for awhile.

• aknroberts
    aknroberts Posts: 102 Member
    Greetings everyone from sunny Western Australia. Currently 9.15am and 32 degrees C (89.6F) forecast top of 37 (98.6).

After losing some weight 2018/19 I had major op on foot - 6 weeks NWB, 3 months off work and some of those lost kg came back :( .
    Back on track for 2021.

Best wishes to everyone.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    Another new member heading your way .... Please welcome @dbrinkmeyer :)

Welcome @dbrinkmeyer
  • cyndiesstuff
    edited December 2020
    Yesterday was on point, I made my plan and followed it. I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was satisfied. it felt good to not be obsessing over food. I drank at least 64 oz of water and I got 7177 steps. my minimum base line for steps in 7000.

I am building a great new path. with new habits and new thoughts. it is going to take time and patience. luckily I have both.

i am excited for 2021. i am going to love myself as i build the new amazing Cyndie.

Things I like about me today:
    My determination
    My tenacity
    and my amazing smile!!

How about you? What do you like about you today?

• cyndiesstuff
    of05t1gfj8s0.png
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5
    Have fun at the shore!
    You would think with all the adjustments I've had in the last few weeks that it would get better sooner. Apparently my body has other ideas. I'm kind of feeling like you are, that it's going to be a problem forever. Must be just a time thing for me. I'm glad yours eventually got better. I know there is progress but just slow this time around.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 5
    PW: 208.8
    CW: 208.6
    .2 loss
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    AHAAA! im finally in! thanks!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member

...so.... yeah. other than that, happily married for, coincidentally 2 years (hmmmm being happy and married isn't as kind to weight loss as miserable and married, apparently LOL).

...Ask me to take away my coffee creamer and I will hate you though. id get rid of a lot of stuff before that went LMAO

I am sarcastic, I am point blank. I don't sugarcoat anything. I'm not willy wonka. But I also don't judge. So, sometimes I can be harsh in my words, but it really ISNT personal.
    I look forward to getting to know yall!

Ha! I told my husband I wanted a divorce a few years ago because being happy was making me fat. He refused. Sigh. No help there.

I'm with you on the coffee. I've cut it back a lot (GERD) but do NOT mess with the one mug I get. I've had a couple doctors make pointed comments about coffee/caffine intake in the past 6 months and they got my resting kitten face.

What's wrong with sarcasm? It's one of the services I provide!

Welcome to the team!

@Cafelelia you will be missed! And love the Rachel Green gif!

Welcome to all our new members!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-over 80 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking, PT and stretching.

We went to get our "real" ids yesterday since my driver's license expires in January. It is a new form of ID that we need in the US starting Oct 2021 to use for domestic flights. I am not really sure what else it is used for. I think most states have them but Pennsylvania is one that has to get into compliance. It went well, we were in and out of the DMV within 30 min! I think the DMV was better with it's covid restrictions than they are without! After that, Jim and I went to a late lunch so I wasn't hungry for dinner. I survived the night and I lived with missing a meal Lol! Last year I wouldn't think that was possible! Have a great day everyone!

@GingerPwr Wtg with the exercising!! That nourish bowl sounds delicious!
    @lennoncpa Love the little sweater on your co worker! What a cutie!
    @Cafeleia We will miss you on the team but I am glad you are staying on MFP. Thanks again for jumping in and keeping our team going! You were an awesome co captain and team mate! I know I have learned so much from you. I am happy you reached your goal and are moving on to the next part of your journey! xoxo
    @dbrinkmeyer Welcome to our team! We are happy you are here!
    @cyndiesstuff You have had a successful 2020! I have learned a lot myself. For one, I have learned that I cope by eating which I am working on. Now that I know, it is easier to stop. I also have learned that I really don't have as big of an appetite as I thought I did. I have so much more. I am going to reflect back on the year and set goals for the new year. For your next post-I am stealing tenacity from you, I have been here a long time with not the best results weight wise but I have been learning and I am figuring things out. I have been successful with my healthy lifestyle and now I am getting there with my weight. I won't give up-that is for sure!
    @kandi3570 I hate when that happens! It used to happen to me a lot. One thing I can think of off hand is- if you get distracted and navigate off the page, you can lose what you wrote. For example if you go back to look at a previous page or if you click on a link someone posts or their name to send them a message. I hope that helps. I am sure there are other things too but I can't think of them. It is amazing to me how much you have lost! You are a baby! You can absolutely tone up! I am sure with losing 100 pounds there will be some loose skin but I still think you are being smart toning up and you will see a difference once you start working on it. I also love that you don't have a set goal weight, there is so much pressure with a number on the scale. I am glad that you are going by how you feel.
    @aknroberts Welcome! I am glad you are joining us! It is cold here in Philadelphia so I am envious of you warmer temps!
    @tryingagain5 Hang in there, it will get better. I know it has been slow but just keep going. Sending hugs!
    @callsitlikeiseeit Welcome! I think you will fit right in here :)
    @melaniedscott You just crack me up, I don't think that there is a post that you don't say something funny. "What's wrong with sarcasm? It's one of the services I provide!" :D
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-over 80 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking, PT and stretching.

We went to get our "real" ids yesterday since my driver's license expires in January. It is a new form of ID that we need in the US starting Oct 2021 to use for domestic flights. I am not really sure what else it is used for. I think most states have them but Pennsylvania is one that has to get into compliance. It went well, we were in and out of the DMV within 30 min! I think the DMV was better with it's covid restrictions than they are without! After that, Jim and I went to a late lunch so I wasn't hungry for dinner. I survived the night and I lived with missing a meal Lol! Last year I wouldn't think that was possible! Have a great day everyone!

@GingerPwr Wtg with the exercising!! That nourish bowl sounds delicious!
    @lennoncpa Love the little sweater on your co worker! What a cutie!
    @Cafeleia We will miss you on the team but I am glad you are staying on MFP. Thanks again for jumping in and keeping our team going! You were an awesome co captain and team mate! I know I have learned so much from you. I am happy you reached your goal and are moving on to the next part of your journey! xoxo
    @dbrinkmeyer Welcome to our team! We are happy you are here!
    @cyndiesstuff You have had a successful 2020! I have learned a lot myself. For one, I have learned that I cope by eating which I am working on. Now that I know, it is easier to stop. I also have learned that I really don't have as big of an appetite as I thought I did. I have so much more. I am going to reflect back on the year and set goals for the new year. For your next post-I am stealing tenacity from you, I have been here a long time with not the best results weight wise but I have been learning and I am figuring things out. I have been successful with my healthy lifestyle and now I am getting there with my weight. I won't give up-that is for sure!
    @kandi3570 I hate when that happens! It used to happen to me a lot. One thing I can think of off hand is- if you get distracted and navigate off the page, you can lose what you wrote. For example if you go back to look at a previous page or if you click on a link someone posts or their name to send them a message. I hope that helps. I am sure there are other things too but I can't think of them. It is amazing to me how much you have lost! You are a baby! You can absolutely tone up! I am sure with losing 100 pounds there will be some loose skin but I still think you are being smart toning up and you will see a difference once you start working on it. I also love that you don't have a set goal weight, there is so much pressure with a number on the scale. I am glad that you are going by how you feel.
    @aknroberts Welcome! I am glad you are joining us! It is cold here in Philadelphia so I am envious of you warmer temps!
    @tryingagain5 Hang in there, it will get better. I know it has been slow but just keep going. Sending hugs!
    @callsitlikeiseeit Welcome! I think you will fit right in here :)
    @melaniedscott You just crack me up, I don't think that there is a post that you don't say something funny. "What's wrong with sarcasm? It's one of the services I provide!" :D

the real ID can also be needed to enter federal buildings and some courthouses. Hubby and I have passports, which are also acceptable for everything. We see no need to get even MORE ID. figure as an immigrant, the government knows more about hubby than local and state governments anyways LOLOLOL

This discussion has been closed.