Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Fall in New England has been loads of fun this year - barrels and barrels of leaves kind of fun. I got a great workout in Sunday and Monday cleaning up my yard - though it does not look cleaned up at all. 39 containers (barrels and bags).
    I love those types of workouts because you are not thinking about the workout you are getting.

Not doing great workout or food wise as far as sticking with in but I am working on it.
  • Sw 210
    Lw 180.5
    Cw 178
    Ltd 32
    So alot has happened these past two weeks. I got into a fender bender and no one was hurt it was small. My dad lost his other leg. Also a lot of other complications and issues that have arisen if anyone could pray that would be awesome. Good news is I've actually recorded everything food wise this past week so yeah. Just drained my house it's looking like a total crazy person has been in it for the past 2 weeks.my daughter's been sick for the past 2 weeks she's finally got medication now so she should be going back on Monday. This mama's drained.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Nov. 03 - 241
    Nov. 10 - 239
    Nov. 17 - 243
    Nov. 24 -

BAD WEEK. Just when I got back to routine with the treadmill, it broke. Called the repair center and the first chance they will have to fix it is............JANUARY !! Upset is putting it extremely mild. I stressed out and had other issues and ended up gaining 4pds. That was a shot in the head. two steps forward and five steps back. This week I grabbed a note pad and hit the road walking. counted the amount of steps in a mile and then walked around the perimeter of my house to see how many times around made a mile, which is thirteen and a half. So I'm outside in the cold now doing my walking until my mill is fixed.

Jennifer, I will be glad to help pray with you.
  • ladycopnh1
    celticck77 - I know how you feel about leaves, I have to blow the leaves off my lawn four times. Plus the 10 billion acorns and 5 thousand pine cones. Welcome to the country. I wouldn't change it for anything.
  • Thank you all for the encouraging words. It is draining to say and hear all the words.....but at the same time it is how we need to cope. I just want to say I really like this group even though I read things a little later.... and don't always say upbeat things :smiley :neutral :smiley: that I am here. I like the realness of this group. Life is up and down just like us all lol weight included. Had to do a pun there 😉. Keep strong fellow friends. Restoration. Here's to having a great week guys.
    Weigh day Thursdays
    Sw 210
    Lw 178
    Cw 178.5
    Ltd 31.5
  • ladycopnh1
    Nov. 03 - 241
    Nov. 10 - 239
    Nov. 17 - 243
    Nov. 24 - 243

I am out walking the roads now, my shins are on fire every time I walk ??
    Anyone have any suggestions ?
  • ladycopnh1
    Starting Weight: 271
    Total January loss: -9
    Total February loss: -10
    Total March - 10
    Total April - 4
    Total May - 4
    Total June - 6
    Total July - +2
    Total Aug - +1
    Total Sept - +4
    Total Oct - + 4
    Total Nov - stable

Finally two weeks in a row I have remained the same Yaaaaa !!
    I finally found the stop sign on food intake. I also went out and bought the new 20/20 book by Dr. Phil and a food addicts anonymous book ( wow, does this hit home big time, great book ). It will set me in a whole new light for the new year.
    A FRESH START. It's time to start thinking of how we are going to purge the house of our TRIGGER FOODS, get some new workout cd's or WORKOUT EQUIPTMENT from Santa this year. Get a NEW PAIR OF WALKING SHOES, in your stockings. It's time to start thinking NOW, how your going to FINALLY make a change for YOURSELF next year. I've lost 20pds this year. Far from what I wanted to loose but I'm 20pds lighter than January 1st this year. Next year I'll be happy if I only loose 20pds more. It's not a race, it's a change for better health. I dare you to name ( 5 ) things that would make a difference to you if "YOU" lost 20pds.
    It's time to get serious, make that choice, give yourself a chance. We are hear, waiting for you to come on board.
  • I'm finding it very healing to just be holding steady, weightwise. I've actually come in under maintenance every day, though not by a lot, so that means I'll probably see a slow downward drift. That's okay. Just don't want to gain. I'm going to just keep doing maintenance like this until I get ready to, and am able to, work on taking weight off in a focused way again. It's going to be okay. I will be all right. I'm just going to be kind to myself and sensible and just let myself get over the issue, whatever it is, that is making me feel unable to be compliant with a weight-loss-level calorie restriction.
  • ladycopnh1
    GOOD FOR YOU Alexandra, You are on the right track. Keep holding strong. We have a whole new year coming, I will be right here beside you. We can help each other.
  • ladycopnh1
    I have checked in each and every week this year ( weather I wanted to or not ), It is my accountability. If you travel back through my year, I started off like EVERYONE with that good old new years resolution. I took it and ran with it until my niece was found dead and I was thrown totally off track the rest of the year. BUT, I am not blaming this on a tragic event because you saw exactly what my life has been like all my life. I will go on a diet, loose weight, then gain it right back again, cuz life gets in the way.

We all start fresh the first of the year, with positive thinking, well you know what, it should be positive, it's about time and it's the only time that you can truly say, "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" and people will love you for it. We need to get health and weather we want to hear it or not, it should start with weight lose and exercise.

We have two weeks to start thinking how we can do this and do it right.
    Everyone needs a fresh start.
    and we're here for you.

Joyce
  • ladycopnh1
    Are you ready ?

Is THIS going to be the year to get healthy ?
    Have you dusted off the exercise equipment ?
    Have you purged the house of junk food, unhealthy food, your hidden foods ( be honest ), wine / alcohol ?
    Are WE ready to do this ????

If you want to do this with me, just post your starting weight and then check in once a week.
    Your weigh in / check in day can be any day that is you choose. My day has always been Tuesdays.
    Pick a small weight loss goal to start with and lets get there together.

I can't do this alone.........
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited December 2020
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    Are you ready ?

Is THIS going to be the year to get healthy ?
    Have you dusted off the exercise equipment ?
    Have you purged the house of junk food, unhealthy food, your hidden foods ( be honest ), wine / alcohol ?
    Are WE ready to do this ????

If you want to do this with me, just post your starting weight and then check in once a week.
    Your weigh in / check in day can be any day that is you choose. My day has always been Tuesdays.
    Pick a small weight loss goal to start with and lets get there together.

I can't do this alone.........

You won't be. I took December off and am now picking this back up. I lost 50 pounds, so I know I can do this. 80 to go!

I am starting at 244.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    edited December 2020
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 and @ladycopnh1 ... I will join you!! I hope we all reach our goals this year!!

Weigh in - Thursday's

OSW - 257.7 lbs
    CSW - 211.8 lbs
    APRIL
    02/04/2020 - 211.8 lbs
    09/04/2020 - 209.2 lbs
    16/04/2020 - 206.8 lbs
    23/04/2020 - 207.0 lbs - I'll smash it next week, I'm sure!:wink::
    30/04/2020 - 203.2 lbs -:sweat_smile:SMASHED IT!
    April Loss: 8.6 lbs
    April goal - 20x.x ✅
    MAY
    07/05/2020 - 201.6 lbs
    14/05/2020 - 201.2 lbs
    21/05/2020 - 198.2 lbs
    28/05/2020 - 198.4 lbs
    May Loss-to-date: 4.8 lbs
    May goal - 19x.x ✅

JANUARY 2021 - I want to loose 60 lbs this year. Just because 2020 wasn't my year is no reason to give up.
    Dec 31, 2020 - 213.8lbs
    Jan 6th, 2021 -

January 2021 goal - 20x.x
    March 2021 - 19x.x
    May 2021 goal - 18x.x
    Ultimate goal weight - under 150 lbs
  • ladycopnh1
    This is day ( ONE )

Your standing on the starting line, are you ready ?
    Do you have a plan ? Have you chose how much thinner you want to feel ?
    Here is some homework, write down 10 things that you would like to do if you lost weight. Little things or big things, doesn't matter, write it down.......then put that somewhere that you can see once in a while for inspiration. Here is another inspiration, I have large colored paperclips, each pound equals one paperclip, start hooking them together and see how long you can get that chain of paperclips, or get a mason jar or a small box and gather all those leftover pennies. one pound equals one penny. Put one penny in the container for every pound you loose. It helps some people to have a visual aspect.

While I was doing the leftover dishes from my last meal yesterday ( as some of us dieters refer to it as ), and toasting my diet toast ( which is bread that you can hold up and see the sun shining through it ), I have decided this to throw out a CHALLENGE. The challenge is to lose 75pds. This is NOT a race, we need to use are heads and do this right. Make healthy choices, exercise. I here by challenge you.

Let's do this !!
  • ladycopnh1
    OMG - eminater, what an inspiration :p
    You certainly did rock it. You CAN lose that 60pds this year.
    This IS your year !!
  • ladycopnh1
    Starting Weight: 256
    I weigh in on Tuesdays

Jan. 05:
    Jan. 12:
    Jan. 19:
    Jan. 26:

Total January loss:

Feb. 02:
    Feb. 09:
    Feb. 16:
    Feb. 23:

Total February loss:

Mar. 02:
    Mar. 09:
    Mar. 16:
    Mar. 23:
    Mar. 30:

Total March loss:

Apr. 06:
    Apr. 13:
    Apr. 20:
    Apr. 27:

Total April loss:
  • ladycopnh1
    is anyone into fun games ?
  • ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    is anyone into fun games ?

Depends on the game. I play a computer game, and like a couple card games. Post-pandemic I want to learn contract bridge.
  • ladycopnh1
    I enjoy Wood Block Puzzle on the computer, Mahjong & Solitaire. I also like name games. I thought I might brake up our Sight by throwing in a game once in a while to make this fun.
  • beej0127
    beej0127 Posts: 3 Member
    I look forward to being part of this group. I totally went "off the wagon" (food-wise) during the pandemic and gained almost 20 pounds. Too bad, because I was doing pretty well. Now, it's time to get back on track and team up with members and take on the challenge!