What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    65 minutes on the bike trainer. Focus was staying controlled in the saddle at different cadences and power outputs. (Kinda geeky and boring, I know). Controlling higher cadences (115, 120 rpm) was tougher than it looked on paper.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    15 KBell Swing
    50 1/2 Jax
    15 Wide GripPull-ups
    30 Hand Release Push-ups
    40 Hanging Leg Raises

10/6/2
    Shrugs
    T Bar Row
    Lat Pulls
    Front Raises
    Straight Bar Pulldowns
    Lateral Raises
    15 Rev Grip Pull-ups
    Iso Pulldowns
    Rev Flys
    Dbell Shrugs
    Dbell Snatch
    15 Close Grip Pull-ups

Nifty 50
    Crunches/Supine Bike/Flutter Kicks/Rower/Knee Tucks/Mtn Climbers/ Hip Lifts/ Straight Leg Situps

30 mins cardio Treadmill Run
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Incline dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Dumbbell squats
    Dumbbell SLD's
    1k row
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2020
    6K meter row, 25 minutes on the Assault Bike. HR way too high for what I like in Steady State work (peaked at 80% max, averaged 71% max). But upped the DF (not high mind you, just more in line with what most, on the lower side, use) on the rower and I didn't honestly feel like lowering the SR (stroke rate) down to 18, so the HR creeped up on me, but didn't feel too bad. I'm going to start doing at least one row a week at a higher DF (drag factor, what most incorrectly term "resistance") now to start building back up strength.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    shoveling 8 inches of wet snow with an inch of ice on top.
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Bench Press
    Leg Curl
    Underhand Tricep Pulldown
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    Decline Sit-up
    Overhand Pull-up
    Shoulder Press Dumbell
  • ckivinurk
    ckivinurk Posts: 24 Member
    Morning Meltdown day 63 from beachbody on demand
  • yasmine613
    yasmine613 Posts: 12 Member
    I LOVE Heather Robertson on YouTube.
    I alter around depending on my mood but she’s really great.
    Fun music, lots of HIIT too.
  • mmstoeckle
    mmstoeckle Posts: 491 Member
    Yesterday's workout was spent at the driving range with family and I managed to fit in a 2 mile run (10 minute pace). Today was a 30 minute journey row on my Hydrow.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    30 minute row, then 20 more on the Assault Bike. HR got up too high for what I like to do steady state work at but I lowered the DF from yesterday and it felt easier. Around 6100 meters. Assault Bike was very easy, mostly as just a cool down.
  • JessAndreia
    20 minute rowing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Concept 2, 3 x 2020m, 6804m with the row in/outs and CD.

It's my quasi-mystical ritual to kick out the old year, usher in the new: The 2020m, with rating in the 20s (24), splits in the 2:20s (2:21.9, but the last one at 2:20.0 even). HR? Um, 100% minus 20-something percent, maybe, to support the theme? 😉🤣 (It does amuse me that around 1/3 of the pieces' time, HR was at/above 220-age, y'know, that level some imagine one can't exceed without dying or something? It's only about 80% reserve, in reality, so NBD.) Average (including the breaks) 67%-ish reserve, max 85%.

Metaphorically, I'm thinking of this workout as like Dorothy clicking her heels together while saying "there's no place like not-2020; there's no place like not-2020". 😬

Happy New Year, all!
  • AnnPT77
    65 years old, lost 110# since I started here in 2013 - training for a Spartan run next year. I don't want to slow down as I age; hope to keep going and keep improving.

70 minute warm-up including body weight work, overhead carries, farmer carries, rolling, stretching, running.

60 minute weight-training session with a personal trainer - squats, deads, legwork, etc. Kicked my butt.

25 minute cool-down with stretching and running.

Nice work - a good lot of volume, for sure! (I'm your age, 65, so I hear what you're saying about sustaining/improving. You're doing impressive workouts, obviously!)
  • AnnPT77
    6K meter row, 25 minutes on the Assault Bike. HR way too high for what I like in Steady State work (peaked at 80% max, averaged 71% max). But upped the DF (not high mind you, just more in line with what most, on the lower side, use) on the rower and I didn't honestly feel like lowering the SR (stroke rate) down to 18, so the HR creeped up on me, but didn't feel too bad. I'm going to start doing at least one row a week at a higher DF (drag factor, what most incorrectly term "resistance") now to start building back up strength.

It's interesting to me how much the nature/extent of fatigue can differ from X split at lower rating/higher power vs. higher rating/lower power, and also the extent of stress on particular injury or stress-prone body parts. As you've seen, I'd usually prefer to lower rating and focus on meters/stroke & split, to work on power, rather than changing DF. I don't have a good reason for that: I'd be lying if I claimed it was for simulated boat feel, because I usually row quite a few different boats over the course of a season, sometimes rowing the bigger boats with only part of the crew rowing, so that's a lot of different boat-feels, that probably correlates roughly to quite a range of mid-range DFs.

I'll be interested to hear how the DF variation works out for you, could be a thing to emulate if you're perceiving benefits after doing it for a while.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    First "run" in 4 months went about as expected. Taking it very slow to avoid reinjuring the left foot.

10 min walking dynamic warmup (marching steps, butt kicks, high knees, side swings with each leg, etc.) then into three 12 minute blocks of 10min at easy pace (11:30) with 2 min recovery (13:00) to check posture, stride, tightness. Finished with 10min cooldown to walking pace to end it. about 4.5 miles done.

Tough to see these pacing numbers, but at least I'm able to run again. Easy spin on the bike today to flush out the legs. Long ride tomorrow, maybe outdoors if afternoon temps reach the high 40's. If not, its a pain cave session.

Happy New Year!
  • JessAndreia
    Dumbbell lunges
    Dumbbell stiff leg deadlifts
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Decline bench sit-ups
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Weather is psycho so stationary it is

5y1s8hzwhglg.png
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    On 30th December, I did a 10 mile walk. I wanted to take it easy following the palpitations the previous day.

This felt good, so I lifted on 31st December, and then did a 9 mile walk.

The lifting started with hangboarding. I was in form, getting 15 seconds on the 12 mm rung, a PB. I then did finger curls, and then benched 3 sets of 10 with 45 kgs. (I have reset my lifts.)
    I overhead pressed 35 kgs for 3 sets of 5.

Yesterday, I did a very hilly 18 mile walk, in freezing fogvsnd rain.
  • JessAndreia
    5k row. Improved my time from the last and first 5k row by a couple minutes, so content with that.