Back again after two twin surrogate pregnancies! :P

Options
Hello :) Im trying to get my health and fitness back on track again this next year. I first started on this platform back in March of 2011 weighing in at 214 lbs. I got to a weight of 128 lbs, but hovered steady around 135 lbs for a couple years. Fast forward to 2016-2019 where I did two twin pregnancy surrogacies back to back. I have now hovered around 180-185 since the last delivery in 2019. I had lost a lot of my weight previously by lots of walking(some cardio/weights at home) and sticking strictly to a gluten/dairy free 1200 calorie menu. Anywho if you got through all that lol....I NEED to get my health back! And with the world shut down ha ha I need to figure out a way to do that from home. So yeah treadmill is the plan :P Advice and help appreciated <3

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on helping families grow!

What other equipment do you have at home? And is there a reason why you don't do dairy or gluten? Also, 1200 is like a super cut...why so few calories?

• Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea thank you :) I have kettlebells, small weights, a battle rope(but not a space to set it up currently). Im intolerant to gluten and dairy. Not sure on what calories to set my goal at this time around. 1200 was just what I did last time. :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    That's a nice set up you have there, even without the battle ropes ready to go.

For an appropriate routine, based on your current equipment, check out "Which lifting program is the best for you?"

For your caloric needs, you'll want to look at recalibrating them from time to time. MFP can help you do this. On the desktop, use this link: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

You can also use online calculators like TDEE Calculator. I go there the first of every month and then input any new number into MFP.

And, take ALL of the above with a grain of salt - especially if you'll be continuing your role as a surrogate - because checking in with your healthcare team first is always the best idea.