WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Michelle NC-thanks for the advice-I think I is sound. I am going to take my time before making any final decision. One thing to factor in is what if they decide to move to another state? My house here is paid for, once I am no longer working, I can go out there when I want. I can pay for a lot of trips in lieu of a house payment! Fortunately, while I won’t be rich, I will have a comfortable retirement.

Tracey-sorry about your favorite resident. You are right-there seems to be no known rhyme or reason to the impact of this virus.

Julie-gyms were closed for a while, and I believe they still are in some states. Mine is attached to a rehab center. I am often (especially now) the only one in there besides the trainer. Occasionally they will bring a physical therapy patient down. Everyone masks, they clean frequently and I clean each machine before and after use. Everything is spaced out appropriately.

Rebecca-nice gift from your son!

Flea-I don’t blame you for wanting to put eyes on your mom. Has her health changed suddenly? I thought she got admitted to hospital for dehyrdration and a uti?

Machka-I think I owned a couple of those dresses in 1970!

SuziQ-I am quite impressed with how you have taken care of your finances.

Allie-certainly hope you don’t need the transplants, but at least you know they are covered. Glad nurse is pleased with your project. Enjoy your visit.

Terri-very tragic news about your friend. She possibly was ignoring some other symptoms for awhile. I like your style!

RV Rita-Bladder issues can be nasty. Hope they soon get all of your medical issues sorted out.

It is a rainy, dreary day here. Decided to be done with work for the year at 12:30. Going to head out to gym for a bit. Have Zoom with church group this pm. Nothing new in my life!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    That horse......bwahaha!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Interesting, I was able to not pick up tablet all morning, though I did find myself staring at it once or twice! I know my eyes were dry this morning, but it could be my sinuses, but more truthful, is my tablet. Ten minutes playing at a time, (I am setting a timer each time).
    Have a great day all!💕💟
    Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Heather - You look beautiful as always. Why wouldn't pink and yellow go together, have they ever looked at a garden or bouquet of flowers?

Karen - that is hilarious

Ginny - I thought about moving my Mom out here to be nearer to me when Dad passed, but I soon came to the realization that it wouldn't be in her best interest just mine. She had so many friends and other family in NB between them all she could get more of a social life than if I had her here and was still working.

I've come to the same realization about moving back to NB, my life is here and although I have family and friends that I miss I have more here than I would back there. Going for a visit and all of the socializing that goes with that is not the same as when you live there on a permanent basis.

Lunch is done, guess it's time to get back at it.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Work today and work tomorrow.

After work today we went to the Salvation Army to make the last donation of the year. Of course, had to go in the store. Got some ornaments, they were 90% off. Then to Hobby Lobby to get frames for 2 of the puzzles I made. Then we had to go to Michael’s because I thought I got the stuff to put on the puzzle so you can frame it at Hobby Lobby but it was at Michael’s that I got it. Home now, getting dinner ready to microwave. Newcomer bowling tonight

Rebecca – would you believe we sent a package to Denise on the 15th and it STILL isn’t there. Great that you got your tablet.

Bananas – the gyms are open here. We have a curfew, too. But, honestly, it isn’t enforced. Not sure why the governor did it if it’s not going to be enforced. That’s terrible that your cleaning lady didn’t at least tell you she wasn’t coming! Even if she was depressed (and she probably is), she still could at least have told you that she wasn’t coming

Barbara – remember I was going to the MD about the foot on the 22nd only the office was closed until the 31st (thank you for telling me) and then he’s out of the office until Jan 3. So I have an appt on Jan. 6. Glad you can get that plumber

SuziQ – I know that we’re serving more people at the soup kitchen now than when this pandemic first started. One of the guys who gives out the lunches says that there are a lot of new faces.

Terri – I’m so sorry about your friend. Wonder how they found out about the cancer from a sore leg?

Barbie – when we went to the Salvation Army today, we saw someone who had their Christmas tree at the curbside!

Tracey – It can be so frustrating when you want to do something that’s easier for you but isn’t the best for the other person. We wanted to move MIL to PA where we lived at the time but it just wasn’t good for her…yet. Eventually, we did move her closer to us.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I just had a power shortage for my laptop. I evidently plugged it into the wrong electrical socket. It is on a switch and I didn’t realize the switch was turned off. An unwelcome first time for me, and I lost my entire post. Starting over:

Karen: Poor Julie—she can’t even identify a horse. On the other hand, the cow seems to be taking in all in stride. :wink:

Allie: Sending good wishes your way. Getting your pup back is important for your happiness. I suspect his company will boost your happiness and health. You already know that when/if you decide to get more medical treatment you have a good place for Alfie to be cared for while you recover. :flowerforyou:

Terri: You look well dressed & comfortable. WTG! :bigsmile:

Lisa: You are good at finances and I think your strategy will be excellent. :star:

Tina: I share your opinion on the ugly “fashions.” :tongue:

Tracey: I think your comments about staying in place make sense. You have a nice home and important employment in a carrier that helps others. Your parents can visit you now and then, and you can visit them now and then. Do you have siblings that live near them? :huh:

We are waiting for the plumber to fix a faucet in our master bathroom. I have tidied the bedroom and won’t be embarrassed to have someone working in the area.

Katla in misty NW Oregon
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Lisa! ... Welcome Back! <3 Why the security system?

Allie ... walking up and down the halls ... you are making fantastic progress!

Janetr ... Love seeing you back too!

Karen ... that "horse" is hysterical!

Machka ... those dresses are butt ugly ...

Pip ... Yogi is a beautiful lab ... glad you came through the holidays ok ...

Rita ... health issues/chronic pain ... they mess with our head. Hang in there!

Barbara ... pool cover manufacturer, as well as installer, have been contacted and put on notice. Many, many photos shared. They're standing behind their product and will take care of whatever happens. Got that in writing.

Terri ... you look wonderful!

Flea ... I understand needing to personally see someone... best way to make an assessment!

SuziQ ... you are an inspiration on multiple levels!

Tracey ... the American motto is "live free or die" ... that pretty much explains our Covid response or lack thereof ...

Evelyn ... lovely photos ... you are very talented with the sewing machine!

Kim ... I think I might have just figured that the tree needed to be put away after falling over ...

Margaret ... you've been on my heart. Praying for you.

To those I didn't mention ... I read each of your posts and think of you all!!

Beth near Buffalo

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Thank you Beth. I know you do not have an easy road, too. T

This is why I try to share something beautiful on Facebook everyday. For some reason I have been sent these gorgeous pictures from all over the world. Facebook will not let me share them here. If someone knows how to do that let me know. Those pictures remind me how amid all the negative that is out that there is beauty that will take your breath away. The nice thing is when I share them they go to my timeline. There is also other things to weed through on Facebook, so when I need a pick me up I go to my timeline so this is the majority of what I see.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Margaret - can you screenshot them on your phone?

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    :D:D:D

pmchpk3aaelr.png

It took me a few seconds. I'm a city girl. :lol:

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »

Flea-I don’t blame you for wanting to put eyes on your mom. Has her health changed suddenly? I thought she got admitted to hospital for dehyrdration and a uti?
    Ginny in Ohio

Exactly! I am still not making sense of it all. Ii thought she had been fine, or as fine as an 80 year old with some blood pressure issues can be.

Had the "hard" talk with my niece this afternoon -- they must wear masks and stay 6 feet away from her. I called her out on their "reckless" behavior. She apologized and assured me that they are wearing masks around my mom now. But we are still on a 10 day count down from Christmas. My mom did have a Covid test in the hospital, but if they brought it in to her on Christmas day, that test would have been too soon.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I am doing what i need to do...i dont have lots of people coming in and out.. havent seen my son in a month and a 1/2 and he was wearing a mask...
    He stayed for 10 min.
    Lovely visit with my friend Sue... her daughter and daughter in law are nurses so they had questions on my surgery...
    Everyone says how much better my color looks.

Just be careful. It fills a lot of us with anxiety. We have had not one person outside of our immediate family (the five who live here) inside our home for even 30 seconds since March 2020. But that's us. We even get annoyed when people come to the door expecting to talk to us on our front porch.

We love you, and don't want to see anything bad happen. (More than has already).

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Our plumber was here today and installed a new grab bar beside the bathtub. There will be another, longer one on the wall with two showerheads. These grab bars will help DH be safer than he has been in the past while. :heart:

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 35min 5sec, 150elev, 3.37ap, 86ahr, 110mhr, 8.70mi= 787c
    Strava app = 1054c

• Whidislander
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Work today and work tomorrow.

After work today we went to the Salvation Army to make the last donation of the year. Of course, had to go in the store. Got some ornaments, they were 90% off. Then to Hobby Lobby to get frames for 2 of the puzzles I made. Then we had to go to Michael’s because I thought I got the stuff to put on the puzzle so you can frame it at Hobby Lobby but it was at Michael’s that I got it. Home now, getting dinner ready to microwave. Newcomer bowling tonight

Rebecca – would you believe we sent a package to Denise on the 15th and it STILL isn’t there. Great that you got your tablet.

Bananas – the gyms are open here. We have a curfew, too. But, honestly, it isn’t enforced. Not sure why the governor did it if it’s not going to be enforced. That’s terrible that your cleaning lady didn’t at least tell you she wasn’t coming! Even if she was depressed (and she probably is), she still could at least have told you that she wasn’t coming

Barbara – remember I was going to the MD about the foot on the 22nd only the office was closed until the 31st (thank you for telling me) and then he’s out of the office until Jan 3. So I have an appt on Jan. 6. Glad you can get that plumber

SuziQ – I know that we’re serving more people at the soup kitchen now than when this pandemic first started. One of the guys who gives out the lunches says that there are a lot of new faces.

Terri – I’m so sorry about your friend. Wonder how they found out about the cancer from a sore leg?

Barbie – when we went to the Salvation Army today, we saw someone who had their Christmas tree at the curbside!

Tracey – It can be so frustrating when you want to do something that’s easier for you but isn’t the best for the other person. We wanted to move MIL to PA where we lived at the time but it just wasn’t good for her…yet. Eventually, we did move her closer to us.

Michele NC

I think son talked to my husband after he left Dec 9th, on what kind I had etc, then it was shipped directly. Yep, he's a kind hearted kid.💕😁
    Rebecca
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Beth - thank you for the welcome back. And the security system is because I'm allergic to surprises. With the cameras to alert me if someone's on the property, I have options instead of my largely involuntary response to shock or surprise. We own a number of guns, and in my previous lives, surprises were never a good thing. Glad your pool company is going to make good on their promises.

Terri - I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Tracey - meant to say yesterday, I'm sorry your care center is getting hit with the virus, and that you lost someone you cared about.

Karen - sent the horse pic off to my daughter, who is a bovinaphile... not a word, I know, but cow-lover sounds even more odd than it already is. Got a ROFL in return. :smile:

Rita - I'm sorry things are a struggle right now. Hope the heart issues come to nothing. Bladder issues are bad enough.

Katla - Hope the bathroom fixes are quick and effective.

Our son John just called and talked to me for about a half-hour (small miracle)--he's over the moon about a job interview (second interview) today. They've already sent him the hire paperwork, and he will work as a chef at Yellowstone Park from April to November. He's going to call his dad at 6 p.m., and I promised him I wouldn't say anything, I'd let him break the news to his dad. So pleased to see him happy--it's been a long few years.

I am, for a change, cooking dinner - experimenting with Mexican Shepherd's Pie of my own invention. Should be interesting. Corey will eat it even if it's awful, but I hope it's ok!

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Katla - My Dad passed in 2012 and my Mom is in a nursing home in NB with Alzheimer's. My brother is near my Mom and my best friend goes and visits her when she's allowed. My Mom grew up and lived her whole life in the town that the nursing home is in so she knows most of the other residents, a lot of the staff and is very content where she is. The nursing home has a Facebook page and they post pictures of her and I can arrange to have a FB Messenger video chat with her as often as I want. It would be nice to have her closer and be able to hug her but it would be best for me not her so I have to make do with video chats. From Dec 2017 when she was admitted to Sept 2019 I didn't have the video chat and very infrequent phone calls so I'm more peaceful with it now. I haven't been home to visit since 2016 due to financial restraints and this year of course Covid.

Beth - I am in a province where a lot of people have the same motto. It is very aggravating to those of us that don't feel that way.

Allie - I bet your colour is much better, I remember when my uncle had heart issues that were corrected. I didn't mean you had to defend your visits I hope you didn't think you had to, I just forget about the restrictions being different in different places all of the time.

Margaret - I share positive and uplifting quotes on FB most nights before I go to bed. It helps me and my friends.

Tracey in Edmonton

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Lisa & Karen
    My brother ( the farmer) has cows that are over 10 yrs old and he names them all. They are more like pets because he does not treat them as dairy animals although my dad made his dairy farm living when I was young. It always was fun when it was feeding time and he called them to come from the pasture over the highway to go to the barn.

Carol in GA