Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I lost 30lbs from stress and I want to continue and spin that into a positive by losing a bit more myself and toning up etc.

I guess interest has faded a bit but we've all been so trapped by covid and restrictions and lock downs it's just been rubbish. The whole year has been completely dog$h!t.

I will definitely join a new thread!
    Can't wait! I hope all the regulars will join and we might even get some newbies :)

30 pounds @Bex!!That is wonderful!

I wish I could lose weight under stress... I would be so thin! Unfortunately, for me, I always gain under stress ... which for this year, has been awful. I think its those old habits that I've had for years .. I think I've gained 15 pounds since August!

But ... a new year... a new start. Hoping 2021 is a much better year for everyone!
    So glad you will join again. I so agree.. the friendships are priceless!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🎅🏻🎄
    🎄🤶🏻DECEMBER 🤶🏻🎄
    🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🎅🏻🎄
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      15 Dec: 146.9
      December Daily Goals: Week 5
      Tues: ✅ Wed: Thu:
      Fri: Sat: Sun: Mon:

Weight < 150: ✅
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      1 Oct: 149.2
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
      Calories in the green
      Steps > 7500 ✅
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅
      Active hours > 6 daily ✅

Positive intentions:
      • Meditation ✅
      • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice ✅
      • Work on 2021 goals ✅ ongoing
      • Sort out tax docs ✅ passed on to DYD
      • Do grocery shopping ✅
      • Daily Chores ✅
      • Puzzles ✅
      • Watch TV ✅ Read ✅

Terri 🦄

@mytime6630 I need the accountability to help me stay on track so would be grateful if you would start a new thread.

Just remember what your username says ....‘my time’ You need to take that time for yourself. We all do!

This has been a tough year for all of us, but we’re still here we are still trying. In my book that makes us all winners.
    • gbrenee
      gbrenee Posts: 6 Member
      edited December 2020
      I walked 1 mile today. Still getting my 86 ounces of water in for the day. I've been walking 1 mile for the past three days, and I'm starting to feel excitement when it's time for me to exercise. I was less tired today afterwards. I'm looking forward to the pressure on my knees etc to start going away which is a main motivating factor.

Forgot to add that I stayed in my calorie range (max=1620; Intake=1548)
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
      I miss you guys! I sort of shut down for two or three weeks before Christmas and am finally starting to be myself again.

We have an Outbreak in our nursing home and it’s been a lot both with the work load and the emotional toll.

Christmas, like everyone’s, was quiet. I rather enjoyed the day with just Rodger and I though. We had a steak barbecue for Christmas dinner!

@mytime6630 - I’m so happy to see you are going to start a new thread for 2021. I can’t believe we’re there all ready. One of my goals for 2021 is to get back here daily and to lose the almost 20lbs I’ve regained. I need to lose at least 15 by spring so I have clothes to wear.

• teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
      Today’s goals
      Stay green✅
      Zwift ride tonight✅
      No beer✅
      Check in tonight✅

Just on the mark but at least I stayed with in the lines.

Need to get my head back in the game and stay here.
      Happy to report a good day
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 wrote: »
      JFT, Wed, Dec 30
      1. log all food :)
      2. 8+ c water :) -- actually trying to get 2 more glasses drank before bedtime
      3. mindful eating :)
      4. try and get out for a walk :):) Proud of myself. I went for a 3 mile walk this afternoon .. it is kinda misty out, but the temps are 34 so it was not freezing. Then.. after dinner ... I went for another 3 mile walk. The best therapy for me ... and I got in 6 miles today!
      5. get back on here tomorrow .. be accountable :)

First time in probably a couple months that I had a good day ... all day. Well... the days not over, but I'm not going to mess it up now LOL!!

Tomorrow is New Years eve... and the 47th year that my husband and I met on a blind date!! Yes. .. On new years eve!! A good friend of mine told me he knew this guy who would be "perfect" for me. The only way I agreed to go was if he rounded up 2 more guys for my 2 girlfriends, which he did. So all 8 of us went out on New Years eve... that was 47 years ago! How time flies!! and ... he was the "perfect" guy for me!

So I am going to just cook a small filet for hubby, and a piece of chicken for me, and have some shrimp and egg rolls later. It will be a quiet nite .. I'm sure our daughter will come out, but since she can't come inside .. we will sit outside with her for a little. Sometimes I think she just wants to be with people, and some nites she only stays maybe a hour or so. I hate all of this.. I hate her being alone in her apartment... but I know my husband is right also. She does work for home health care and nursing homes .. and he is just scared until we get the vacines.

We even had Christmas in our garage .. and it was 21 degrees!! But ... I put a little christmas tree up, laid down some throw rugs, put out 3 chairs, and a small heater. It was nice .. cold.. but nice. I told our daughter 2020 is a year we will never forget!

So goals for tomorrow will be simple again .. I have to get back on track!
      JFT, Thursday, Dec 31
      1. log all food
      2. mindful eating
      3. 8+ c water
      4. try and walk
      5. positive thinking
      6. get back on here .. be accountable

• littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 940 Member
      @mytime6630 what a lovely story of how you met your husband. and how great that you've had 47 years together!

I weighed myself this morning. I feel fatter but the scales showed exactly the same as before Christmas, so I guess that's a good thing. I've lost 1 stone (14lbs) in lockdown this year, and have kept it off. I need to lose 17 more pounds to be a "normal" BMI, so that is my next target. Not able to walk yet, but am back to eating normal meals and fruit and veg.
      It's SO cold! Everything is frozen solid, can't wait for spring!
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
      So tomorrow so we change the title of this thread?

Goals for today
      If we do any sort of home celebration today after work...No more than 1000 calories excess (just being realistic here)
      But if just a quiet night then goal is green

Beer only If having some sort of socially distanced outdoor drink w neighbor
    • bookmeister86
      bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
      I debated about starting a new thread for 2021 .. sometimes it seems like interest is fading for others as well as for myself.

But .. I know for me... I need this thread. I have met such wonderful friends on here ... and it is good to keep focused. Even when the scale is not going in the right direction .. sometimes goal setting is more than just a number on the scale. In so many ways this thread has helped me SO much!

SO YES ... I do plan on starting a new thread for 2021... and I hope you all join me again.

I will post a link to it here when I get it started!

I haven't been so good at posting this year but that isn't because I've lost interest, it's more because I've struggled to get into the habit of posting since everything changed this year. I used to have a regular slot where I posted which was my commute to work, but now I don't commute to work so I don't have that routine going. It's weird, I now actually have more time than I did and more flexibility with what I do with my time, but it's funny how being able to post 'any time' often means you don't get round to doing it at all? Next year I will make an effort to find a new 'regular slot' to post again, they do say that routine is the best for getting into good habits. I might try after work/ in the evening, as I don't seem to have been getting on with doing it in the mornings!

Looking forward to continuing on this journey with everyone in 2021 - best wishes for your last day in this (awful!) 2020. :)
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Thursday 31 December

Log
      Stay in the green
      Fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Weigh 😊 gain 0.9 in the last 7 days 👿. Not surprising!

I need to plan meals for the next fortnight. After essential travel, we will be isolating for 10 days, we were also isolating before the travel so I don’t have much in the way of fresh food. It’s time to be creative with the stores. It could be challenging on the waist line though as I normally eat lots of veg.
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      @mytime6630 I am pleased that you are setting up a new thread for tomorrow. I really enjoy coming onto this thread and finding support and humour within the group. Thank you everyone.

Good bye to 2020 - it was a very hard year for so many of us. Let’s hope for a better 2021! 🍾

I’ve decided my word for 2021 will be optimistic. This year I chose resilient. My resilience has certainly been tested 😊
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
      teigansdad wrote: »
      So tomorrow so we change the title of this thread?

Goals for today
      If we do any sort of home celebration today after work...No more than 1000 calories excess (just being realistic here)
      But if just a quiet night then goal is green

Beer only If having some sort of socially distanced outdoor drink w neighbor

No not change the title, @mytime6630 will start a brand new thread, So look out for it! Keep posting on here for now though. I'm sure Joan will tell us on here when she's posted the new thread. :)
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
      @mytime6630 I am pleased that you are setting up a new thread for tomorrow. I really enjoy coming onto this thread and finding support and humour within the group. Thank you everyone.

Good bye to 2020 - it was a very hard year for so many of us. Let’s hope for a better 2021! 🍾

I’ve decided my word for 2021 will be optimistic. This year I chose resilient. My resilience has certainly been tested 😊

I think that's a great word for 2021!

Personally I'm giving the middle finger to 2020, good riddance.

Although for us atm, we're in Tier 4 lockdown which are tighter restrictions than in March apparently but that's due to the mutated strain. They're still rolling out the vaccine but I don't know if its effective against the mutation?

And as of tomorrow the UK has officially left the EU, the Brexit deal has been signed.
      So Im not entirely clued up on what to expect from Jan 1st onwards. But I'm hoping everything starts to improve soon. Otherwise this rubbish year will just roll into another rubbish year!

Don't know what my word is yet. I'll have a good hard think. Lol
    • sarah74_vt
      sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
      edited December 2020
      JFY 12/30/2020

1) Go to the gym :)
      2) Meditate
      3) Stay within my calories :)
      4) Drink 60 oz of water (Drank 42 oz)

JFT 12/31/2020

1) Go to the gym
      2) Meditate
      3) Stay within my calories
      4) Drink 60 oz of water
      5) Take my vitamins
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member

JFT Wednesday

- sleep in ✅
      - Finish painting Vs room❌
      - Don’t overeat✅
      - No snacks after 10:00✅
      - Bed after the news✅

Have a great day y’all!

- sleep in
      - Shower
      - Shop with youngest
      - Stay up late
      - Limit the consumption tonight

Have a safe New Year’s Eve!
    • cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
      Yay to a new JFT thread for a new year @mytime6630. Looking forward to seeing old and new JFTers for support, accountability and inspiration. Happy New Year's to all!

Recap W 12/30 ~ vacation day staying home
      1) Move hourly / stretches for back :neutral: 11/14 & 6.1K
      2) Work out in basement ~ treadmill or x-train but easy workout nope :/
      3) Net calories zero / 14c water :) -78 & 12c
      4) Wash bedding / wash dishes / water tree / balance bank accts (need to use hubby's computer) / look for new computer discount from AICPA hubby helped & we ordered online / at least two other chores no matter how minor / make scalloped potatoes for supper (leftover ham from Christmas dinner) = 6/7
      5) Read Advent/Epiphany booklet / practice mindfulness (Calm or Fitbit app) = 2/2
      6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren = 4/4

JFT R 12/31 ~ vacation day at home
      1) Treadmill 2.1 mi :smiley: According to MapMyWalk app I have walked 844.2 miles (that's 1,358K) in 2020 :mrgreen:
      2) Move hourly / stretches for back
      3) Won't log treat food this evening since I'll have no idea / no calorie goals except not crazy over / 12c water
      4) Grocery shop w/ hubby / pick up new computer (ordered yesterday) 1:00 - 2:00 / be patient w/ hubby & computer set up
      5) Church service 5:00 / read Advent/Epiphany booklet / practice mindfulness (Calm or Fitbit app)
      6) Enjoy evening w/ hubby. Maybe I'll be awake until midnight? Hubby will since that his usual quitting time at work.

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19) 10.31.20 159.0#
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20 / forgot 10.31.20 measurements but happy w/ w-i 159.0 finally below 160
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / MapMyWalk You Vs. Year achieved 1021K on 9.28.20 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K on 10.16.20 w/ dog 50:35 ave. pace 16:16 / home edition Turkey Trot 2 mile walk w/ dog 11.26.20 in 36:54 / Jingle Bell world record attempt for largest virtual 5K w/ stupid RunGo app = walked 3.86 mi 56:48(?) w/ dog 12.12.20 / 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 / MapMyWalk 2020 total 844.2 miles (1,358K)
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July / small declutter projects around house Oct. & Nov. / recycle piles in basement Dec.
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • mytime6630
      edited December 2020
      A very happy new year to you all. I know for me, I will be happy to put 2020 behind, and start fresh. Here's hoping that 2021 is a much better year for the entire world!

Here is the link to the new thread for 2021!!!!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819491/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread-for-2021#latest
    • mytime6630
      I debated about starting a new thread for 2021 .. sometimes it seems like interest is fading for others as well as for myself.

But .. I know for me... I need this thread. I have met such wonderful friends on here ... and it is good to keep focused. Even when the scale is not going in the right direction .. sometimes goal setting is more than just a number on the scale. In so many ways this thread has helped me SO much!

SO YES ... I do plan on starting a new thread for 2021... and I hope you all join me again.

I will post a link to it here when I get it started!

I haven't been so good at posting this year but that isn't because I've lost interest, it's more because I've struggled to get into the habit of posting since everything changed this year. I used to have a regular slot where I posted which was my commute to work, but now I don't commute to work so I don't have that routine going. It's weird, I now actually have more time than I did and more flexibility with what I do with my time, but it's funny how being able to post 'any time' often means you don't get round to doing it at all? Next year I will make an effort to find a new 'regular slot' to post again, they do say that routine is the best for getting into good habits. I might try after work/ in the evening, as I don't seem to have been getting on with doing it in the mornings!

Looking forward to continuing on this journey with everyone in 2021 - best wishes for your last day in this (awful!) 2020. :)

So happy you will join us again!! I've been wondering how you were doing. 2020 has been a very challenging year for so many ... happy to see a new year start!
    • azulvioleta6
      azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
      So, I have been doing a lousy job of writing down my goals or tracking anything, but I have been moving more, doing my mini-workouts and I completed my 300-burpee challenge for December.

My goal that I need to work on in the next year is managing my early morning time better. I think that I need to start getting up early, taking a shower and wearing real clothes even though I am not physically going into an office. This will set me up better for getting more done later in the day, and I am going to be on camera more in the new year, so I need to be prepared for that.

My word for the last couple of years has been PERSIST...I even have a bumper sticker on my car which says that. I have been very focused on surviving, starting a new career, doing well at my job and getting reestablished. I have been thinking about THRIVE, RISE and SHINE. Some of the things I really need to thrive are not going to be available until the pandemic ends, so I think that SHINE will be the word for 2021.

I feel a little guilty that 2020 has not been a terrible year for me--it really is not even in my top 5. It was annoying, frustrating and tons of work, but I am fine. I also ended the year by getting my third raise of 2020 and a big promotion, so that was good too!

Best wishes to everyone and good luck in the new year.
    • mytime6630

I feel a little guilty that 2020 has not been a terrible year for me--it really is not even in my top 5. It was annoying, frustrating and tons of work, but I am fine. I also ended the year by getting my third raise of 2020 and a big promotion, so that was good too!

Best wishes to everyone and good luck in the new year.

Congratulations on the promotion!!! And I agree. .. while 2020 has been a terrible year for so many, it has also been a year of positives. I do believe that everyone has learned to appreciate and not take for granted things that money cannot buy ... being around family, friends; feeling safe to go out to places, etc.
      We still have so very much to be thankful for.

I hope you also saw the new link for the new thread for 2021.... a fresh start.