2021šŸŒŸ30-Pound ChallengešŸŒŸ

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,721 Member
    Not the best of days to weigh-in being Boxing Day and having had a 2 day blow-out but Saturdays work best for me the rest of the year so I'm carrying on regardless.

SW: 157
    26th Dec/CW: 154
    GW: 127

I'm only a pound up on Christmas eve morning so I'm very happy with that.

Currently 6 days into a 30 day 5k run challenge as seen on YouTube to kickstart my fitness since my gym closed due to COVID laws the same day I signed up.

Merry Christmas to all who have been celebrating!

Merry Christmas Lorna,

Yesterday was off the rails, but I went back and logged everything this morning. I went way over my calories, but I feel so much better now that I logged. I also took a nice 1/2 mile walk with my dog Roxie, so weā€™re starting today off on the right foot.

Congrats on your 6th day of your 5k run challenge. Exercise is such a good mood booster.

Jill
  • Erica_1776
    Erica_1776 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello to all! I am new to MFP community. Iā€™d love to add friends. In 2020 I managed to lose about 45 pounds and unfortunately back-slid plenty. Overall, a net loss of 30 for 2020, but I was under my goal when my diet went off the rails. Iā€™ll own it - I kept running but was eating pretty much anything. Iā€™m probably lucky the results werenā€™t worse. Iā€™ve a weakness for sugar. So, Iā€™m buckling down again for 2021. I havenā€™t been super specific about my goals, and I think thatā€™s hurt me. After hitting the low I did back in July, Iā€™ve edited my goal. I do think I can knock off the nearly another 30 for 2021 - IF I work consistently at it. Itā€™s work - but itā€™s worth it. Iā€™m in for 2021.
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 133 Member
    Hello to all! I am new to MFP community. Iā€™d love to add friends. In 2020 I managed to lose about 45 pounds and unfortunately back-slid plenty. Overall, a net loss of 30 for 2020, but I was under my goal when my diet went off the rails. Iā€™ll own it - I kept running but was eating pretty much anything. Iā€™m probably lucky the results werenā€™t worse. Iā€™ve a weakness for sugar. So, Iā€™m buckling down again for 2021. I havenā€™t been super specific about my goals, and I think thatā€™s hurt me. After hitting the low I did back in July, Iā€™ve edited my goal. I do think I can knock off the nearly another 30 for 2021 - IF I work consistently at it. Itā€™s work - but itā€™s worth it. Iā€™m in for 2021.

Sugar is my weakness too...I think I'm addicted...I have to go cold turkey and not have it otherwise if I have one small bite, I'm a goner! lol Yay to 2021!!!!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    I'm in. I haven't been active on MFP for a couple of years because i was busy having babies. I managed to get through the first pregnancy with minimal weight gain but I'm 5 weeks post partum now and I weight 187lbs. I want to get down to at least 160.
    Exercising is difficult as the baby feeds 24/7 so I cant leave him but hoping that will ease soon.
    I'm giving myself till jan 1st before I start bit it will be good to have a group then to keep me accountable.
  • jm216
    Welcome everyone!

Iā€™m glad weā€™re all here working toward a healthier 2021! Enjoy time with your family, your friends, and yourself. Weā€™ll really get things going on January 1st.

Jill ā¤ļø
  • cdnlaxmom
    cdnlaxmom Posts: 12 Member
    oh I am definitely in. I just came back to MFP after a few years and looking forward to meeting some great people who can keep me accountable and me do the same for them :) I will weigh in on Jan. 1st....it's been awhile since I stepped on the scale monster but I believe I will be starting around 235lbs.
  • jm216
    Welcome Cdnlaxmom!

Glad youā€™re on the team! T minus 4 days until January 1st.

See you again soon!
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    CanadianCountryGirl1973 Posts: 108 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi! I'm back as well from a long absence. Lost 30 pounds a few years ago by logging, exercising (mostly walking), routines, reducing wine, eating serving sizes. Since March 2020, now up to 225 and it's definitely got to go! Covid will end and I'm gonna be ready!!!
  • jm216
    Hi! I'm back as well from a long absence. Lost 30 pounds a few years ago by logging, exercising (mostly walking), routines, reducing wine, eating serving sizes. Since March 2020, now up to 225 and it's definitely got to go! Covid will end and I'm gonna be ready!!!

Welcome CanadianCountryGirl1973!
    2021 is our year!
  • jm216
    Good morning!

Iā€™ve been searching YouTube videos for 7 minute low impact all standing workouts and havenā€™t found any I like so far, so Iā€™m asking you all to see if youā€™ve found anything you like in this regard.

Post it if you have.

JillšŸ™‚ā˜•ļø
  • NancyGates100
    NancyGates100 Posts: 2 Member
    I would like to join the 30 pound challenge. Do I have to do something special to join?
  • jm216
    I would like to join the 30 pound challenge. Do I have to do something special to join?

Welcome Nancy! Youā€™re in! Weā€™re going to post our goals on January 1st and our plan to get there.
  • jm216
    Good morning and Happy New Yearā€™s Eve!
    We are 1 day from our official start of the 2021 30 pound challenge, and I am getting ready to start the new year off on the right foot.

Iā€™ve got a meal plan in place for the first week in January, so I pick up my Clicklist full of fruits, veggies, chicken and lean ground beef this afternoon.

Roxie and I started today with a 45 minute walk. Itā€™s 28 degrees this morning, but Roxie absolutely loves to be outside no matter the weather. 4,800 steps in and it not even 9am!

I have let myself slide for the last 2 weeks in regard to logging and staying within my calorie goal...so Iā€™m totally motivated to get in gear for the new year!

My goals for 2021 are:

ā€¢30 minutes of exercise/dayā€” 10,000 steps
    ā€”walking my dog
    ā€”YouTube videos of walking/dance workoutā€”. low impact on icy days.

ā€¢Logging truthfully and consistently
    ā€”logging as I go
    ā€”staying under my calorie goalā€”no foods are off limitsā€” just being mindful and counting it

ā€¢Meal planning to take off stress of whatā€™s for dinner when I get home from work at 7pm

ā€¢Drinking more water and logging it

ā€¢Keeping in contact with this amazing group of like minded friends. Weā€™re here for each other and this is our year!
    ā€”Checking in daily
    ā€”posting YouTube videos to share
    ā€”celebrating our successes

I look forward to seeing you all in 2021!!

Jillā˜•ļøšŸŒŸ

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    wosz07yez5fq.jpg

Okay, my resolution for 2020 was to reach my goal weight. And I was nearly there, then I went way off the rails around Thanksgiving and have gained 20 pounds back! Ugh. Know what? New Year's is a great new start!

My goals for 2021:

1. Reach my goal weight...FINALLY!

2. Run a half marathon.

3. Support my weight loss friends here in kicking butt in the new year, too :)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    jm216 wrote: Ā»
    Good morning!

Iā€™ve been searching YouTube videos for 7 minute low impact all standing workouts and havenā€™t found any I like so far, so Iā€™m asking you all to see if youā€™ve found anything you like in this regard.

Post it if you have.

JillšŸ™‚ā˜•ļø

Hello Jill, there is a YouTube channel by Lucy Wyndham-Read, who creates 7-minute workouts. She has quite a variety. I have only done one, flat abs or something like that, and it was all standing. I don't know if anything she has on her channel is what you are looking for, but you can find her here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCag7XoiJLutjBTsM0tAzUzg
  • jm216
    jm216 wrote: Ā»
    Good morning!

Post it if you have.

JillšŸ™‚ā˜•ļø

Hello Jill, there is a YouTube channel by Lucy Wyndham-Read, who creates 7-minute workouts. She has quite a variety. I have only done one, flat abs or something like that, and it was all standing. I don't know if anything she has on her channel is what you are looking for, but you can find her here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCag7XoiJLutjBTsM0tAzUzg

Thanks so much for sharing! This is exactly what I was looking for short bursts of exerciseā€” I just tried this one and itā€™s awesome!
    https://youtu.be/0GRsBJZ2Fb4

Canā€™t wait to try some more for toning!

Jill
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 133 Member
    Hello everyone and happy New Year's Eve!!!

I am happy to report that I have lost 13lbs since December 2019! My goals for 2021:

1. Lose 30lbs by May...sooner would be acceptable lol
    2. Keep walking my dog daily even when it's too cold...just bundle up!
    3. Honestly track!!!!

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and look forward to hearing about everyones journey to a healthy 2021!!

Shannon
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'll join in with all of you starting tomorrow. I'm Bill age 72. I'd lost 49 lbs. and was doing great at keeping if off. Then, had some surgery recovery time off, my fitness studios closed because of covid, blah, blah, blah, so lost motivation and packed on some weight. Weigh in date will be Sunday, starting wt. 189.

Goals;
    More water, I'm a diet soda addict.
    Add more cardio and weight lifting.
    Cut out junk food, I'm vegan, but still need to eat cleaner!
    Stay injury free, I'm in 3 running/walking challenges ( I'm a trail runner ), so need to be careful. The trails were very icy when I was out today.

Plenty more to work on for sure.

Glad to be here!
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Happy New Year everyone! :)
    I started a bit early so I'm drawing a line and restarting today.
    SW: 151.25 lbs
    GW: 121.25 lbs

I have 2 little black dresses I bought off ebay which I daren't put on properly for fear of ripping them which are UK size 12. I'd like to fit these for a possible posh dinner in the Autumn. I'm signed up for a couple of 10ks, a half-marathon and a full marathon in October. I used to run occasionally if I had a race booked but not otherwise. I want 2021 to be the year I'm consistent.

I've also given myself sub-goals with non-food rewards:
    lose 5lbs- nice Balega running socks
    lose 14lbs (one stone)- new sports bra
    lose 28lbs (two stone)- new running shoes
    lose 30lbs - might be able to fit into the size 10 items in my wardrobe back at mum's.