Vent about Beachbody

I love the Beachbody programs. It takes out the thinking...just find one ya like, put in the DVD, and go. Some of the workouts are really fun and I look forward to them, and some programs feel like they were created just for me! But, I gotta say this out loud to someone other than my husband........

Tony Horton is SO ANNOYING!!!!!!

His antics and non-stop noise is funny at first, then endearing, but after a while....
z9de7qowqrb7.jpg

You know how you have the option to mute the music when you start the video? I wish there was a "Mute Tony" option. Everything about the video is the same, just no Tony noise.

I'm not looking to start anything or get any advice. I just needed to get this off my chest lol!

Replies

• ems0305
    ems0305 Posts: 12 Member
    :D This made me laugh out loud! He is sooooo corny! Ted that does Yoga for Runners is so annoying to me too.
  • I love BeachBody programs. I’ve tried two different Tony Horton programs, couldn’t get to the second workout in either of them....he is just way too annoying.
    I think it is a ‘guy thing’ (that’s a movie reference, if you’ve never seen it, then look for it and watch it, it is hilarious).

I think this is why they have 100s of workouts and IDK 30ish trainers; there is something for everyone.

There is a BeachBody group in MyFitnessPal, but it is very inactive. The last time I checked, I was the last poster in
    September. I’ve tried the team BeachBody community, but it is not nearly as user friendly or as active as this community.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/2277-beachbody-fit-club
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    I generally find that true of exercise videos. The chit chat is slightly amusing the first time you hear it, but not the 5th. If I'm doing a video I've done before, which I generally am, I usually mute the sound. I have one yoga video I do that I listen to each time, but she isn't too annoying.
  • ems0305
    What BB programs do you all do? I am currently doing T25 along with running. Sean T has always been my favorite, but like the live ones with Autumn a lot too. Oh and The new boxing one was so fun!
  • RashadLavelle
    RashadLavelle Posts: 46 Member
    ems0305 wrote: »
    What BB programs do you all do? I am currently doing T25 along with running. Sean T has always been my favorite, but like the live ones with Autumn a lot too. Oh and The new boxing one was so fun!

I'm currently doing the Body Beast program. On week 5. But I think i'm going to switch to cardio doing the #mbf program. I just ordered some body ropes on amazon. I also enjoy the 10 rounds program and the Core de Force. I usually rotate between those.
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Guess what y'all.......they have a "Mute Tony" button!! When you start the video, choose "Music and Cues". There's music (obvs), and all that comes out of his mouth is the exercise and a start count!

I just finished the best workout I've had in weeks :smiley:
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I feel that way about chalene Johnson. Cant stand her talking to me. I enjoy a good number of their workouts but am not currently a member. But when I think about Beachbody, I think of the trainers I love(Shaun t) and the few I dont(chalene).
  • ems0305
    @RashadLavelle How do you like Body Beast? I was considering trying it.
  • mrschwarten
    What BB programs do you all do?

Right now I am doing P90X3, but am substituting the workouts that I don't like with ones from other programs (like I really dislike Triometrics so instead I do 21 Day Fix's leg day). My partner is doing it with me and our workouts are much better when we're together! I also really like 21 Day Fix and will squeeze in a week of that whenever I feel like I need a boost. I loved Chalean Extreme when it first came out, but whenever I try to go back to it, it feels really dated...maybe I just grew out of it.

@ems0305 I did Body Beast from start --> finish a few years ago. I looooved how I looked and felt during and afterwards; it made me realize that I am way more powerful (both physically and otherwise) than I ever thought I was. It's a lot of work and you'll be wiped out from DOMS! Wasn't overly fond of the machismo style and I'm not sure that everyone from the cast could read, and it takes a LOT of equipment. If you've got the set up, I think you would benefit greatly from seeing the amazing things that your body can do!
  • @ems0305 Over the past few years I’ve done PIYO, Brazil Butt Lift ( both of those I bought the docs), this year I subscribed and have done 21 day fix, 21 day fix real time, 21 day fix extreme real time, 21 day fix extreme original. I’ve also done 3 week yoga retreat as an add on to 21 day fix extreme. I’ve done a handful of one-odd workouts from other programs, like Barre Blend. I’m currently doing muscle burns fat — did day 5 today. So far so good on #MBF. I think I’ll do #MBF, then I’ll do MBFadvanced.

@mrschwarten I had no idea you can do that. I’ll check it out.

@spiriteagle99 BeachBody has been releasing Real Time workouts. These provide a unique workout for every day of the program. For example in 21 day fix real time, there are 21 unique workouts. In fact, there are more than that because they have a couple that you can swap out and they do 10 minute abs twice a week and each one is a new recording. This adds a lot more variety. I find I can do the same program 2 to 4 times before I get tired of it. In 21 day fix and extreme real time there is no music, which I prefer, but I know many people wouldn’t like that. They have a play list available that goes with the workout.

Overall, I’d say there is enough variety at BeachBody that there is something for everyone at any fitness level.

What is really annoying and more difficult to avoid..... the push for shakeology, equipment, supplements, clothing, paying extra for program previews, etc, etc, etc. I don’t buy any of it, but it gets tiring constantly being bombarded with the sales pitch. In fact, some clever person at BeachBody figured out how to automatically play an ad when you finish an online workout; you are able to stop it, but it plays and I haven’t figured out a way to prevent it from starting to play.
  • Guess what y'all.......they have a "Mute Tony" button!! When you start the video, choose "Music and Cues". There's music (obvs), and all that comes out of his mouth is the exercise and a start count!

I just finished the best workout I've had in weeks :smiley:

I just tried it and couldn’t find where you make this selection. Are you using the discs or BeachBody on demand?
    If on demand, then please provide more details on how to make this selection.

Thank you

• MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2020
    Lol I feel that way with Autumn... not sure why or if its maybe her pitch but its a no go for me.

Currently doing a hybrid of LIIFT4 and 10 Rounds for the next 12 weeks :) Joel posted the calendar on his facebook/google drive. I have previously done T25 multiple times, as well as Insanity a few times.
  • mrschwarten
    Are you using the discs or BeachBody on demand?
    If on demand, then please provide more details on how to make this selection.

Thank you

@tgillies003 , It's on the discs, I don't know about On Demand. I have never used On Demand so I can't provide any insight. Can anyone else here answer?

• mrschwarten
    @MeganD1704, how's LIIFT4? I've been kicking around the idea of getting On Demand for a lil while because of that program. I don't like the idea of renting programs though, I'd really much rather own them (that's why I haven't gotten On Demand)
  • @MeganD1704, how's LIIFT4? I've been kicking around the idea of getting On Demand for a lil while because of that program. I don't like the idea of renting programs though, I'd really much rather own them (that's why I haven't gotten On Demand)

I bought the first two programs I did (PIYO and Brazil butt lift). One per year. I found I got tired of the same workouts. When looking for my next program I thought I’d try On Demand. It is about the same price for a year as buying a new program. This year I completed several rounds of five different programs, just started a fifth and also tried a variety of one off workouts from other programs. I like the variety and flexibility that on demand provides. It is 120 Canadian dollars per year. Considerably less expensive than a gym membership or even registering for a class at my community center.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    @MeganD1704, how's LIIFT4? I've been kicking around the idea of getting On Demand for a lil while because of that program. I don't like the idea of renting programs though, I'd really much rather own them (that's why I haven't gotten On Demand)

I used to have some dvds but honestly it’s just so convenient to have on demand. I can work out anywhere even with just my phone- takes the excuses away for me personally. I also like being able to switch to whatever I feel like for a workout that’s cool. As for my dvds? We don’t have a player anymore so 🤪.

LIIFT 4 has been really good so far. I don’t have the stuff at home for les mills, but this I can do easily with a bar and some hand weights. I like the instructor as well so the video fly’s by. I like that he also offers posture corrections that anyone can easily and quickly do at home even though it’s not in person. I like the fact it mixes a tiny bit of cardio in. It’s not a calorie burner by any means for a workout (I am 5’4 and 170 lbs and I light burn 320 cals on the hardest one) - but it’s nice to have a weight routine at home again. I miss having a squat rack at the gym but this is challenging me in new ways.