January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @themrwobbly I tried to sign up and it went through but it's giving me some grief, I'll try again in the morning.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    @TheMrWobbly Thanks. I'll try to join tomorrow. I just don't have the energy or drive to do something "new" tonight. :wink: If you want specific cities, I'm closest to Greeneville TN where President Andrew Johnson was born.

@polskagirl01 You did great in 2020!

Welcome @libbyralls ! This is a very friendly, supportive group. You'll love it.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    edited December 2020
    @TheMrWobbly I tried to sign up, but I am having some trouble. I'll try again in a bit.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @TheMrWobbly I joined the Run the World Challenge - I'm in Syracuse NY

@polskagirl01 impressive achievements for 2020 - speedwork every week and a HM every month are amazing. I'm sure you'll keep up your great consistency in 2021.

Welcome to our new members! Please join right in!

I don't know why I've been counting down so intently but suddenly it surprises me that tomorrow is the last day of the year. I need to nail down some goals.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Something to know about Challenge Hound challenges - it retroactively fills in any activity during the challenge period when you join. So there’s no reason to panic about getting signed up on time. Theoretically you could join in December of next year and it would add your miles from the whole year!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Signed up to the run the world challenge. 8. A bit bumed it won't take tomorrows ru, cause it starts 1pm my time!!

pcb03xmfw3dd.jpg
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited December 2020
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Signed up to the run the world challenge. 8. A bit bumed it won't take tomorrows ru, cause it starts 1pm my time!!

You'll get your extra time at the end :) Maybe your 2022 New Year's run will take us over the finish line!
    Looks like it's set to GMT, which seems fair enough to me. The Americans can start before the ball drops, but won't have as much time a year from now.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    @TheMrWobbly I signed up!
    For app users, the link only worked correctly if I did it through the full website. In the app it takes you to the site but I got caught in a weird loop and could not get to the actual sign up. Just FYI.

Thanks @martaindale

I cannot change the timezone to include am runs for my antipodean friends. I'm not sure why it doesn't allow for time zones, sorry!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    I cannot change the timezone to include am runs for my antipodean friends. I'm not sure why it doesn't allow for time zones, sorry!

Now that's a fantastic word!
  • kirstymn
    kirstymn Posts: 90 Member
    @TheMrWobbly I have also just signed up for the Run the World challenge. I'm in Tauranga, New Zealand

Thanks!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Oh dear, @kirstymn you certainly had been through it!! It sounds like you are over your running block, though so that it a positive. My 2 cents, for what it is worth, based on my own experience, if you don't like a program, then you won't do well with it. Stick with what you are comfortable with, yet challenge yourself within it.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    @kirstymn Glad you are able to get back out there and run again after those traumatic incidences. Sounds like you are one tough lady. I agree with @dreamer12151 If you don't like the program, try another. You aren't going to hurt anyone's feelings and this is all about you and what you like. On the other hand, trying a new way to train can be a good thing....until it isn't. You have to find what works the best for you.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    @kirstymn Welcome back! I agree, it's hard to beat Hal.
  • Avidkeo
    edited January 2021
    kirstymn wrote: »
    @TheMrWobbly I have also just signed up for the Run the World challenge. I'm in Tauranga, New Zealand

Thanks!

Hi @kristymn nice to see another kiwi! I'm sorry to hear about the stuff you went through! Which marathon kept getting postponed? Was that the tauranga one? @ContraryMaryMary lives in Auckland, and I'm in New Plymouth. 2021 will be our year!
  • Avidkeo

Now that's a fantastic word!

I love it. If you were to tunnel through the middle of the earth, the country on the other side is the antipode. There are very few countries with a genuine antipode. I believe NZ and Spain are actually antipode.
    wlgcz4a2f8mm.png