WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

1808182838486»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    I'd like to join this group but I'm not seeing much posted about diet, nutrition, exercise, etc. Is there another board where that happens?

The whole message board is here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories

If you want general diet discussions, go to the subforum "General Health Fitness and Diet".

If you want nutrition discussions, go to "Food and Nutrition".

If you want fitness discussions, go to "Fitness and Exercise".

This thread is in the "Motivation and Support" subforum. :)

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Rebecca

Those pancakes look scrumptious!

THEY WERE!😁 Easy to make, and I bounced up the protein using milk and an egg. Didn't finish it! You can make waffles, muffins, and cookies with the base mix.👍
    Rebecca💖
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Oh here's my avocado plant these days.😁
    t98rv4kyh82k.jpg
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Janetr OKC: Congratulations on getting your heat turned back on!!! Rebooting seems to help in many situations. I’m glad it worked. :flowerforyou:

Allie: I am sorry that your daughter’s bloodwork showed that she is not pregnant. I don’t recognize the term “IUI.” I hope your daughter will be able to conceive a baby in the future. :heart:

Michelle: I wish we’d had this sturdy bathroom grab bar installed years ago. We had a suction cup hand-hold for DH but it was not trustworthy. The new ones are very sturdy. One is already installed and the other will be done in a week or so. YAY! :star:

Lisa: Your bonsai is lovely, as are your words. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Thank you for opening the door to 2021!!!! I like the group huddle and long pole. I hope the opening door reveals a better year for all of us. :star::heart: :star:

Katla, still living in 2020
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member

[quote="drkatiebug;c

Which decluttering group did you join? I belong to the Clutterbug group (which I've unfollowed) and a private group of Dana K White's called Kindred Spirits. Cas (Clutterbug), Dana (Slob Comes Clean) and Dawn (Minimal Mom) have teamed up to offer a course beginning tomorrow called Take Your House Back. Although I honestly don't think I need the course, I love those three and it's fun to watch them interact together, plus Dana offered a 50% code to the Kindred Spirits since we already support her through Patreon, so I decided to sign up to send a little more support her way. I watch Dawn on YouTube but don't belong to her FB group. I used to belong to a group led by Taylor somebody. I even supported her for a while through Patreon but grew bored with the group. the Take Your House Back class also has a private FB group, but I may unfollow it soon. It's already getting on my nerves a bit - too many young moms who have different decluttering issues than I do.
    [/quote]

Katiebug I have also joined the Take Your House Back group. I've been following Dawn (Minimal Mom) and Cas (Clutterbug) for a while now, and I love Dawn and Toms videos on YouTube. I took advantage of the 50% off code that Dawn was offering and signed up. I hope it's going to be worth it. I've joined the FB group too and will see how it goes. I'm looking forward to the course starting tomorrow, I need ideas and help :) I'm hoping that between the three of them I'll get some good routines in place and ideas for storage etc. I'm a Lady Bug with a bit of Butterfly thrown in - I know Cas said you can't be two types of bug, but it varies depending on my mood when I take the test :D

Just over an hour or so to the New Year, but I think I'll get myself off to bed now, although there will be
    fireworks going off at Midnight so might not get any sleep.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE - I hope 2021 brings you health and happiness <3

Love Viv x

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Kelly. Does your photographer friend have a website? I love that photo.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🤍💚💜💙🖤❤️🧡🤎
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Happy New Year. 2020 was an odd year. I do miss yoga class but even more I miss many of the women I shared the class with for many years. In place of yoga class, I do a virtual class at home and I walk more with my dog. I've begun rock painting with acrylic paint and have found it relaxing and challenging.

My husband and I are isolating. He is 80 with heart failure issues and I doubt he could survive Covid. We are on the list for when vaccines are available but sounds like it will be February at the earliest. My heart goes out to all who are dealing with Covid with their loved ones.

Have a nice rest of this year.... and be back with you in 2021,
    Betsy in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Interuterine insemination....so instead of artificial insemination ,this was different ..
    Poor thing ,I feel so bad for her.. but we shall see how things go...
    Having a good time with the girls tonight. Always good for a few laughs... how i missed them...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka: Happy New Years! It will be New Years for us in a while. :bigsmile:

Betsy in NW WA: I miss my yoga class like crazy. I long for the vaccinations for everyone, the health club to be open, and I am able to attend my yoga class again. :heart:

I haven't been to the health club because it was closed on the governor's order. I haven’t been to the stable, either. DH has not wanted me to be away from home. I’m ready for that to ease, too.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

8 hours and 10 minutes until New Years
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,326 Member
    KJLaMore-that is a really cool picture.

Lisa-thanks for the recipe. I enjoy Mexican and can probably come close to calorie count.

Just popping in to wish all a Happy New Year. I know some have seen it come and go and some will be a few hours behind me. Seriously doubt I will be awake at midnight, but 2021 will start fine without me.

See in the new thread for new month and new year.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    Oh, Viv! How fun that we’re going to be in the Take Your House Back class together, I am a Bee with A lot of Cricket tendencies. I don’t need to see everything- but I do like my most commonly used items easily accessible. I am not a minimalist, but I also don’t like a lot of clutter. I’m looking forward to the psychological aspects of learning to live with less to help me up my game with clothes and kitchen gadgets.

I tend to do better with my diet and exercise when I also attend to my house. Here’s to getting my act together in 2021!

@Luannelizabeth we do discuss fitness related topics from time to time, but we can go down some rabbit holes along the way. Feel free to jump in with your comments and questions. I like the idea if starting the January thread with some introductions

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :) I have had such a peaceful day that I completely forgot that it was the last day of the month and that I had promised to post the new thread, but here it is.

This is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819529/women-ages-50-for-january-2021#latest
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 51min 37sec, 89ahr, 111mhr, 3.40ap, 6.42mi= 576c
    Strava app = 778c
    Walk - 20.17min, 3.20ap, 1.19mi= 116c
    Strava app = 145c

Total cal 692
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    92093xu8dbmn.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited January 2021
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    DB and DSIL have been diagnosed with Covid. Step grandchildren went to visit their dad and came home positive but asymptomatic. Their mom is also sick now. DB has congestive heart failure so at additional risk. These kids have been in their bubble since the beginning of this. So far everyone is quarantined at home

Everyone take care Sue in WA
    Sorry to hear that. I hope everyone recovers quickly.

Lisa- Love your new pro pic

Battery is low so will come back later.

☘️ Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I have had such a peaceful day that I completely forgot that it was the last day of the month and that I had promised to post the new thread, but here it is.

This is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819529/women-ages-50-for-january-2021#latest

Just in case you missed it! See you in January...