Weight Related Stuff

tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
How's your weight management goin? What are your goals?

What are you struggling with? What are you doing well with?

Share it all here!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    I am currently at 120kg (around 263lbs), that's higher than I was the last time I lost a significant amount of weight and I intend to try and get it off and keep it off a lot longer this time (maintained for about a 18 months and then struggled with my binge eating again).

I am aiming for 200lbs initially then plan to recomp the rest of the way down as I am quite muscular and have a large frame so carry 200 quite well.

Taking it a lot slower this time, aiming for around half a pound to a pound per week.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I'm not too far off the same weight and at 5'7" tend to carry it fairly well. I've set my goal at 2lbs per week to start but will probably drop to 1.5lbs or even 1lbs if I start feeling hungry and wanting to binge.
  • tinkerbellang83
    I'm not too far off the same weight and at 5'7" tend to carry it fairly well. I've set my goal at 2lbs per week to start but will probably drop to 1.5lbs or even 1lbs if I start feeling hungry and wanting to binge.

I am quite lucky I am 5'8" and my top half is pretty muscular from rowing/weight lifting, carry most of it on my bum and thighs, which is apparently where everyone likes to carry their weight these days anyway (Thankyou Kardashians, you're not completely pointless) :lol:
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I'm 5'4" and currently at 245 pounds. I've been maintaining this weight for over a year now. I lost a decent amount of weight several years ago, but I've gained it all back and then some. Currently, I'm trying to get back into things slowly and I've been eating smaller portions and playing Beat Saber.

I've been struggling with motivation and fatigue due to depression. I recently started taking antidepressants, so I'm starting to feel a little better. I'm hoping that by the end of this month that I'll have the energy to start meal prepping and exercising a bit more. I'm not willing to go to the gym until the pandemic is better contained, so I will need to workout at home. I do own Beat Saber & Audica on Oculus, plus I have Ring Fit for the Switch.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Love it....
    gy5mm6bpcvqu.jpg
  • ajlmfp22
    ajlmfp22 Posts: 54 Member
    5'7" and currently at about 200 lbs. I was down to 193 lbs before COVID lockdown and went up to 213 lbs during it until gyms reopened in my area last September. My short-term goal at the moment is to just get back down to my pre-lockdown weight. I think one thing I've been better at this time around is not getting discouraged and having a lot more patience with the weight loss process.
  • tinkerbellang83
    5'7" and currently at about 200 lbs. I was down to 193 lbs before COVID lockdown and went up to 213 lbs during it until gyms reopened in my area last September. My short-term goal at the moment is to just get back down to my pre-lockdown weight. I think one thing I've been better at this time around is not getting discouraged and having a lot more patience with the weight loss process.

Patience is definitely one of the most difficult but most important attributes needed for weight loss.