Serial Starters

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi I am a serial starter. gained 5kg this year. dress size up. thankfully found some stuff in opshops. going to focus on just calorie counting. gp recommended low fat diet, didnt work for me with my busy family. hubby on keto, but i dont like that diet either. was under calories today and I ate what I wanted, yay!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Hi Sara - I WISH my dog could shovel snow. That would be a great trick! No POTM today for me - she is off.
    Welcome 12Sarah! Good group to ask questions to and vent!
    Good morning Lana!
    Work is closed until the 4th. The little bit of a routine I got back into may go out the window, but I am stocked up with fresh veggies. one day at a time!
    Have a good Wednesday!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited December 2020
    WEDNESDAY DEC. 30TH

Good morning all~~

Well I hit a new all time high this morning - gee, everything I ate and drank yesterday had both calories and the ability to cause bloating? 🤨

Lynn - You know I've always liked the Beck Book. I 'lost' my workbook; I think it is still in my roadbox in my theater from before I retired, but I do have the regular book and the workbook's little magic cards. 😉

*here comes André with a fresh pot of coffee*

Lana

269.6 new high today
    179.0 goal
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    A year later and I'm posting in here again. Feel free to ADD me. Message me if you're interested in doing some sort of accountability.
  • brennerjlb
    Welcome back Justin. I did add you. Back at it as well and need some accountability.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good evening,

Airing out place smells of industrial cleaner and it wasnt done in my place!!! Will be colder in here tonight so we shall see.

Got over 5k today and walking /drinking more water and grazing less are my key to focus on. Yup I ate Christmas so it is telling me on the scale.

POTM came in the form of telling M that we categorize where services were rendered not where people are from and I had to fight her for it and I am wondering if she is losing her mind or quizzing me.... both are a little annoying.

Hot drinks to keep us warm and soft socks are on the order at the Cboys memo bulletin board.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Hey I did manage to get 6k today so that means 3 days in a row- 2.75 miles=8.25 this week.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2020
    3y8gkwwjdq45.jpeg
    *** THURSDAY DEC. 31ST ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - How old is Monster? Some people get really whacky before, during, and even after menopause. One lady in my NYC apartment building developed borderline personality disorder right around that 50-year mark. Who knows what demons Monster has raging in her head.
    Congrats on your three 6Ks!

Hello to Justin and 12Sarah ~~

Time for more coffee and some paperwork....

Lana

266.2 today
    269.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    Hello! Happy New Year’s Eve. As with the rest of the year nothing on tap for the night, which will save some calories!
    Maybe I will have a nice glass of wine and find a series to binge
    Sarah - congrats on the steps!
    Did log ALL my food yesterday that is a first in a long time. Went over...but I logged it!
    Have a great New Year’s Eve! Wishing you all a healthy happy year to come!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    good evening,

Another 6k which is nice to see.

Monster is 60 and she is just not a happy camper - age is probably not helping.

Third new person starts Monday and our trainer was unwilling to come to work this past week... We shall see what next weeks drama is. I am doing well but not outstanding - one of the new ladies is very fast and another is making mistakes (which is not unusual) I hope that keep Monsters brain extra busy.

Neighbors shoot their guns and set off fire works at midnight so I dont need an alarm set. Just glad it is a 3 day weekend as I intend to rest.

Here is hoping 2021 is a better year.

• LanaCabana537
    27x6huzhb4m6.jpeg
    *** FRIDAY January 1st ***

Happy New Year all~~

Lynn - that is a huge deal getting your food logged. I applaud you, as it is daunting for me.

Sara - Good going on the additional day of 6K. Enjoy your restful, three-day weekend 😊

Waving to Dawn and Tracy and Kathryn and Runa and Missy and Melissa and Maureen and Justin and 12Sarah and everyone else who stops in today~~

Lana

266.2 today
    269.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    12z7n3xq2qv8.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

People partying had me awake between 12-2am but why I stayed in bed until noon is more to the fact of how tired I am.

Missy - where do the people sit??

Paid bills online (with late fee :( on one) and going out and paying rent and donating to an animal rescue fund.

I may just stay under the covers and watch movies all day. Tomorrow I have to do errands.

• LanaCabana537
    edited January 2021
    v08zplv7blip.jpeg
    *** January 2nd ***

Good morning everybody ~~

Missy - what a wonderful collection of New Year's Fluffy Floofs you have! I can dream of what it's like to have all of them piled on top of me. You are a lucky lady to have them. Thank you for posting that photo 💖

Sara - You are very kind to contribute to an animal rescue fund--a very noble cause! I hope that your day of errands today goes well and that you enjoy the day! ☀️

It's another gray day here - my mother used to call these days "clousy". I need to get out for some exercise, but gee I hate walking when it's cold, wet, and icky. Definitely will need some inspiring tunes.

Waving to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

267.2 today
    269.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    Happy New Year all!
    Missy - those dogs are beautiful. I wonder as I look at my tablet with a piece of dog hair on it how you deal with hair :smiley: My lab is shedding basket fulls right now. And it is winter - makes no sense.
    Wishing everyone on here a happy, cherish yourself, healthy type of new year. Just heard on good morning America how being kind to oneself and talking to yourself like a friend rather than an enemy is the best resolution one can make.
    Sarah - I am also very impressed at your donation. That is great! Hope you had a great day under the covers- sometimes that is needed.
    Have a great Saturday all!
    Lynn
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 596 Member
    Happy New Year to all my online friends. I've been pretty careless and disconnected for long enough. I wasn't worrying about what I ate over my winter break, and it shows--3 lbs up in the past few weeks. I know how to do this and just need to get back in the swing. Winter is always so much harder for me. But, I have decent boots and two dogs that love the snow, so it's just a matter of getting back out there. It is just too easy to use the cold as an excuse, but I know the cold doesn't actually bother me that much. It really is just an excuse. I know how to dress properly and unless it's a dangerous windchill, I want to get out. Well, except I don't. . . Lazy.

So, I'm having my carpet completely removed and planning to put in some easy-to-maintain vinyl or something like that b/c of the pets. Lots of things need doing around my house and I'll be chipping away at them this year. I am still thinking about moving to NC but will likely delay until I can officially retire in WI--3 more years. Not so bad.

My kids are all out of the house right now. Eldest has rented a beach front apartment in Miami, youngest is living with my sister in FL to avoid winter and get some nail technician and/or CNA training, and my middle son is vacationing with his brother and will go back to college after he returns. I'll have the house to myself until the end of February. I'm actually looking forward to it. And it sure makes it easier to get work done on the house.

I'm getting back to logging and back to tracking and improving my daily step/mileage average.

What is new with all of you?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Groceries was successful in that I bought things for nice big salads for dinner to keep the after dinner munchies away.

Came home and slept. Had lunch called my father - he and his wife are taking the COVID test tomorrow as someone who was working on their plumbing had a positive test. So they go Monday. I being relaxed me went back under the covers and it is now dinner time.

Dog hair is lovely. Swiffer products I have found the best on hard floors.

I will be back to 6k steps on Monday

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Sunday, January 3.

Good morning and happy New Year to all!

I have decided to not make any grand proclamations regarding changes or goals. Instead, I am making quiet little promises to myself. Promises to do the best I can, to remain as calm as possible in stressful situations, and to take each moment carefully and thoughtfully.

This year will be a time to figure out how life really looks now. By the time I figure it out, I assume it will change again.

On a cheerier note, SO and I (finally) got out cookware cabinets cleaned out. Old cookware sorted, most of it tossed. New cookware has been sitting in a box for three years. It is now organized in the cabinets.

SO has difficulty bending to get stuff out of the lower cabinets. We can't afford to remodel right now or even purchase the cookware racks available for cabinets. Instead, we bought grey bus tubs like restaurants use to put in the cabinets. I stripped all the 1970's contact paper out and the tubs slide in and out easily to access the cookware.

Daughter and I spent 8 hours together yesterday--shopping, talking, eating, laughing. Why is this a notable event you ask? We live in the same house and don't see each other 8 hours a week most of the time. And it will be worse soon. She is halfway through nursing school, but begins a full time job as a monitor tech in ICU on the 16th. She lost her job in 2020 and it has been hard for me to pay my bills and hers too (car payments, insurance, loans.) Anyway, she's 30 and I really enjoyed our trip to buy her work scrubs and accessories.

Hope everyone has pleasant celebrations for the arrival of the new year. Wishing the best for everyone here.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Tracy~~
    Thanks for getting us started 👍🏻 That's nice that you and your daughter spent a whole day together. That's exciting about her new job!

It's a Sunday, but I have got a ton of things to accomplish today......must scoot.

Waving to Sara and Lynn and Dawn and Maureen and Runa and Kathryn and Missy and Melissa in NYC and everyone else who stops by later on~~

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

same as yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Scale down by ounces and I am just glad it goes that direction.

Father has agreed to pay for health insurance should I lose my job, which will be a huge relief. I just keep trying to keep this job as long as I can.

Tracy - good to hear from you - small steps and changes are the easiest to do and build on. Good job on the kitchen. Glad you got to spend some time with your daughter. She will be very busy soon.

Kitchen work today dishes in sink mainly.