Everyday is a fresh start then I binge ...

I completely lost motivation , every single day for the past month I promise myself that this is it today I will get back on the wagon and then by the end of the day i binge , what’s wrong with me ??

Replies

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    You can do this!! NEVER give up on yourself !!! Just remember to log everything you put in your mouth and stay below your calorie goal each day and you will lose weight.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hey! Happy (almost) 2021! Hope everyone struggling with the holiday can get back on track - including myself!

I admit to having a few binge-y days in the last week. Something that really helps me is that no matter how much I eat, I log everything IN REAL TIME. I know how easy it is to catch a case of the 'mise-wells.' As in: Oh, I had seven cookies and a bag of crisps - so I mise-well keep eating since I've blown it for the day."

Fight the mise-wells by recording every food immediately. You may just find that what you thought was a huge calorie load was in truth, only an extra few hundred calories that will mean you won't lose any weight - but you won't be gaining either. And when you are struggling - not gaining is a very good thing!

So I'd suggest that whatever you do, don't stop measuring, weighing and logging your food intake - even if that includes a whole package of cookies or a family-sized bag of crisps.
  • scott_90345
    scott_90345 Posts: 17 Member
    Identify the triggers you face just before you binge food. When you wake up in the morning your mind body is fresh and there is less chance of the actions or activities which are not good for your health. I'd suggest to find the time period in which you're more at risk of binge eating, and plan other activities like exercise, meditation at that time. If not possible then at least plan to eat healthy food at that time.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    You have been given a lot of good advice. I fall into this trap when I set my calorie goals to low. I don't eat meat so I am trying to eat more protein (having a premier protein shake) and I am hoping that will help as well. Wishing you all the best...I know how hard this is.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Thank you all