WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
uoc4j31esg8j.png

Here is your Team chat room for January 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and open
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    edited January 2021
    b4mzhmhlrvc0.png
    Welcome to all the new team members!

Hello everyone! I’m Theresa and I live in downtown Toronto, Canada. It’s my one-year anniversary on Team Weight No More! I’m about to retire as co-captain, having worked with the smartest, most generous, and scientific-minded @minstrelofsarcasm I'm staying on the team though.

About me
    I have two grown children. My daughter Elisabeth lives nearby with her partner, Jake. My son Phil lives in a small town an hour away with his wife, Katie, and two children. Pippa is 3 1/2 and Gilbert is 1 1/2. I have a Havanese dog named Xavy.

I had a career as an advertising and publishing executive. For years I ran, cycled, and swam. Then one day, as my daughter says, just like Forrest Gump I stopped.

My weight story
    As a child, I was an average weight, except this one time when my next-door neighbour's grandmother babysat and introduced us to three-course lunches with whipped cream. When my children were small, I was very slim, about 120 lbs, probably from chasing them around. In my forties, I was at my ideal weight, a toned 142 lbs.

Three and a bit years ago, when my granddaughter was born, I saw a photo and didn’t recognize myself. I did look like a happy nana and I’m sure I was comfy to hug, but I want to live to be a ‘little’ old lady.

In January 2018, I weighed 177.4 lbs with a goal of a toned 142 lbs. I’ve reset this to 145 lbs and toned because I was at that weight a couple of months back and it is perfect.

The present
    I just launched a new business called Ancestry Detectives, which is an on-demand service for people to get a professional genealogist to help them for as few as 30 minutes.

Launching the business was so busy at the finale that I fell off my exercise regime which included HIIT over Zoom, cycling on my used Spin bike indoors, and walking. I look after my grandchildren every Friday, which is heavy work (shout out to all the moms of toddlers and preschoolers here!) and walk Xavy every day.

Update on the above: For the current lockdown, my grandchildren can't come as they are in another region. Hopefully in February.

In addition to the busy time launching the new business, I've been experiencing stress like the rest of you with Covid. Toronto is a big city so we are locked down more often than other regions. My sister is unwell with Lyme Disease and both of our parents are in her city, five hours away, so I can't help her.

I feel for all of you who are balancing your own health, your families, your community commitments, Covid, and all the other things that come your way.

My January goals
    • Work out 3 to 4 days a week - HIIT, Spinning, and walking.
    • Log food, water, and exercise daily.
    • Report in daily
    • Aim for my new goal weight of 145.
    • When I get to 145, set a maintenance range of 144 to 149.
    Wishing everyone a great new beginning in 2021!

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all, my name is April and I’m a 43 year old mom of three. I work full time in an admin position and I’m in Canada - in the prairies. I’m super short - 5’1 and right now just under 150 lbs.

I had struggles with my weight after my third child was born. For about 14 years I was getting bigger and bigger.... Early in the covid days, around March I was just sick of how big I was. So I started making changes. Changing what I ate, how I ate, how much I moved and my weight started changing too.

One big thing on the medical side was I had some tests done by an endocrinologist and I found out that my metabolism is actually normal high. So it was kind of a light bulb moment that I had done this to myself and my body wasn’t to blame. I had gone through early menopause and I always thought my body was to blame for my weight.

Anyhow, 2020 was good for me in some ways. I had more time to do walking in early covid days and I built on that to be even more active. One of my goals for 2021 is to really become strong and fit.

January goals.
    Lose 3-5 pounds.
    Build a weight training plan
    Do my challenges. I joined a 30 day yoga challenge and I want to start an abs challenge.
    Drink more water.

Cheers !
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    Happy new year team! Welcome new teammates and welcome back familiar faces! My name is BJ (Bob Jr.) tough nickname to grow up with but it has made me the man I am today! Lol
    I have been a member of this team for a while now and I assure you that our members are very supportive and are not afraid to give advice even if it ruffles a few feathers in the hen house!
    I really enjoy this team and after a while they have become like family!

A little bit about me and my story.....
    I’ve always been athletic, earned my letter as a freshman in high school in soccer, also played varsity baseball, basketball and golf.
    I got into competitive cycling in my mid twenty’s to about my mid forty’s. Now I still compete a couple times a year within my age group.
    I have boys age 33 and 31, I held down the same job for 30 years. My life was great and I was physically fit!
    The *kitten* hit the fan for me about 5 years ago when my job was dissolved, I ended up taking a fantastic job on the off shift with a solid company (3:30 to 11:00pm)
    My exercise routine became non existent, my eating was crap and sleeping became a chore. I gained 60 lbs in a short time. My starting weight when I joined this group was 250lbs, I’m now down to 205! My ultimate goal is 185.
    Every day has it’s challenges, it’s up to you to meet those challenges with a head of steam!
    Here’s to a new year of making progress and reaching your goals!

And it’s my weigh in day!
    KUMEcycling team
    Week number 1
    PW 205.0
    CW 205.0
    LTD 45.0
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited January 2021
    Happy new year team! Welcome new teammates and welcome back familiar faces! My name is BJ (Bob Jr.) tough nickname to grow up with but it has made me the man I am today! Lol
    I have been a member of this team for a while now and I assure you that our members are very supportive and are not afraid to give advice even if it ruffles a few feathers in the hen house!
    I really enjoy this team and after a while they have become like family!

A little bit about me and my story.....
    I’ve always been athletic, earned my letter as a freshman in high school in soccer, also played varsity baseball, basketball and golf.
    I got into competitive cycling in my mid twenty’s to about my mid forty’s. Now I still compete a couple times a year within my age group.
    I have boys age 33 and 31, I held down the same job for 30 years. My life was great and I was physically fit!
    The *kitten* hit the fan for me about 5 years ago when my job was dissolved, I ended up taking a fantastic job on the off shift with a solid company (3:30 to 11:00pm)
    My exercise routine became non existent, my eating was crap and sleeping became a chore. I gained 60 lbs in a short time. My starting weight when I joined this group was 250lbs, I’m now down to 205! My ultimate goal is 185.
    Every day has it’s challenges, it’s up to you to meet those challenges with a head of steam!
    Here’s to a new year of making progress and reaching your goals!

And it’s my weigh in day!
    KUMEcycling team
    Week number 1
    PW 205.0
    CW 205.0
    LTD 45.0

You're too much, BJ! And we love you for it. Happy New Year! p.s. I answered you in 2021.
  • 1theresamcvean
    goingape wrote: »
    Hi all, my name is April and I’m a 43 year old mom of three. I work full time in an admin position and I’m in Canada - in the prairies. I’m super short - 5’1 and right now just under 150 lbs.

I had struggles with my weight after my third child was born. For about 14 years I was getting bigger and bigger.... Early in the covid days, around March I was just sick of how big I was. So I started making changes. Changing what I ate, how I ate, how much I moved and my weight started changing too.

One big thing on the medical side was I had some tests done by an endocrinologist and I found out that my metabolism is actually normal high. So it was kind of a light bulb moment that I had done this to myself and my body wasn’t to blame. I had gone through early menopause and I always thought my body was to blame for my weight.

Anyhow, 2020 was good for me in some ways. I had more time to do walking in early covid days and I built on that to be even more active. One of my goals for 2021 is to really become strong and fit.

January goals.
    Lose 3-5 pounds.
    Build a weight training plan
    Do my challenges. I joined a 30 day yoga challenge and I want to start an abs challenge.
    Drink more water.

Cheers !

Happy New Year, April. Great January goals. @pacsnc6 is doing yoga classes and I'm thinking of it now too. You've got this!
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Happy New Year Everyone!

My name is Marcy, I am thirty years old a mom to a 3 year old boy and two dogs. Currently in school full time but was the general manager for a restaurant for 8 years before I left due to the pandemic and my family. 2020 was an interesting year to say the least I reached my goal of 135lbs January of 2020 but with the change in occupation and a little too many toddler snacks and lazy days on my computer and couch my weight crept back up on me to about 160 before I decided I needed to get back into it. This group has been an amazing motivator and really helps with accountability and keeping on track.

Currently I weigh 152 lbs so this month my goal is to lose 5 lbs or atleast maintain a weight under 150lbs, drink lots of water and keep a minimum of 8000 steps (im horrible at remembering to track them so let's see) as well as making overall better eating choices.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,971 Member
    Happy new year!

I'm Casey, and I've been with this group since December of 2018. At that point I was somewhere between 165-170, and that was the most I've ever weighed without being pregnant. In 2019 I lost 20lbs, and this year I lost another 10, but gained back 5 or so, so I'd like to get back down to 135 and stay there this year.

When I'm not tracking food, working out and sharing with you beautiful folks, I'm teaching English in North Carolina. Hubs and I will have our 22nd anniversary this year, our oldest son is turning 20, and our youngest will be a freshmen in high school and oh lord writing all of that made me feel old.....

Anyway, can't wait to start another year of getting healthier with y'all!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Maintenance weight 135.2

Weeks steps 36962
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,971 Member
    @pacsnc6 I love cross stitch and embroidery. Don't have much patience for it, though. I crochet, and right now I have to reorganize all the scrap yarn I have spread around the living room, lol.

Can't wait to see what you've created!

So y'all, I've committed to doing a "dry January." Zero alcohol. Hubs says he's in too. I imagine it'll be easy for the first few days, but I'll need a lot of will power after school starts back.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Hi, I’m Rachel, 39 years old and at my highest weight of 198 pounds on Christmas Day, I decided to make a change and lose weight again (for the third time in my adult life). But this time round is going to be different- I’m going to make my healthy weight stick. I’m not in a hurry to lose, but I’ve already lost six pounds which is exciting. I weigh in on Sunday.

My job is stressful - I teach high school - and being a parent to two teenagers (boy and girl) and a wife to a needy husband adds stress too. On top of that I struggle with depression, but I am on an antidepressant, which works! I believe this time losing weight is going to be different because I’m on my antidepressant medication and plan to stay on it the rest of my life. Stress, anxiety and depression has been the culprit of my weight gain in the past.
  • lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    Hi, I'm Heather, I’m a 50 year old mom of 2 teen girls. I live in a suburb outside of Vancouver BC (Canada). My goal for this year is to get my weight down to 170. My plan to achieve this goal is to clean up my mindless snacking habit, eat more veggies and increase my fitness. I turned 50 in 2020 and received an Apple watch for my birthday, it has been a big motivator in getting me moving, I love closing my fitness rings it sure encourages me to be more active. Last January 1st I pledged to walk 10,000 steps a day and am proud to say I did accomplish my goal all 365 days! Today I begin a new challenge of 30 days of Yoga with Adriene on YouTube, I’m excited to commit to something new and challenging for me. To close one of the rings on my watch I need to burn 700 calories, yoga won’t get me there so I’m going to still have a lot of walking to do, also I will be working on a walk run program with the goal of working up to a 5km run.

Good luck to everyone on this journey, I’m grateful to be in a community of like-minded folks supporting each other on our wellness endeavors

Lemonaid7
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 192.5
    CW: 191.6
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited January 2021
    ~~ Hello Everybody! ~~

I'm Ashley. I'm currently the sole captain of Team Weight No More, formerly a co-captain with the marvelous Theresa ( @1theresamcvean ). I cannot wait to see where this month will take us, especially as we now have the ability to better track milestones and your loss-to-date (LTD), and I will be paying better attention to your step counts, as that was something I was severely slacking on last month.

About Me:

I am 25, living in Ohio, working as a chemical engineer, setting things on fire for money and climbing on large metal structures with industrial tools. Basically, I get paid to do all the things my mom told me not to do as a child.

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019, after a month and a half of misdiagnosis after misdiagnosis. Since then, things rapidly started falling apart - Covid-19, quarantine, a salary cut, the gym was closed, stress eating... you get it. But I'm incredibly grateful for the coping mechanisms I've picked up, the discipline I keep rebuilding every time I get flung from the wagon, and the wonderful community I've had behind me the entire time.

If you are curious about me, I have a blog. You can read it here. There, you can find my struggles with eating properly, making it to the gym, handling personal crises, and proving over and over again that I'm not as funny as I think I am.

My Weight Loss Adventure:

I joined MFP in September 2014, but did not take any of this seriously until May 2017, when I graduated from college. Since joining, I have lost over 70 lbs, reaching my lowest weight of 155 lbs, only to regain about 15 lbs while working in France for three months. So, for now, I am still working that off. The pandemic did not help my progress, but it did prove to me that I am strong enough to tackle the challenge.

Current Weight: 167.8 lbs, as of New Year's Eve.

Goals for January 2021:
    • Get back into the groove of eating properly and exercising regularly
    • Stay on top of my MS mitigation
    • Be kind to myself when I (ahem) "mess up"
    • Be consistently involved with Team Weight No More
    • Maintain my good habits when it comes to hydration, stretching, and good posture
    • Take advantage of any random days above freezing to get rid of the stash of cardboard boxes in the corner of my living room, because they have been sitting there for months (read: three years)

Please reach out if there are any questions regarding the team, technology (I'm a millennial, I know plenty of good tricks), the science of weight loss, cookie recipes, etc. I'm here for you. :heart:

Looking forward to getting to know all of you, supporting those of you I deem worthy, and having an alibi for any crimes I definitely did not commit.

sn10fhl74d98.jpg
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 57 Member
    @pacsnc6 So happy that the immunotherapy regimen is working for you and the tumour is shrinking! Hope that you get a great scan results on 12th.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    I hope I am doing this right. This is my first weigh in.
    PW 191.4
    CW 189.2
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    I’m Kristy, from New Zealand, married for 18 years and have 4 kids – 17, 15 and 12 (twins). 2 girls, 2 boys and if you ask me if my g/b twins are identical, I will tell you yes (why do people always ask?) I’ll be 42 next week, at which point I fully expect to have the answer to life, the universe and everything. Like magic. Overnight (all the best magic happens without warning.) I am somewhat of a sci-fi fan and closet geek :smiley:

By day, I am a fearless Technical Writer, braving the realm of a male-dominated engineering company and translating their stick-figures, mutterings and wild gesticulations into payments compliance for the end product in various world-wide markets. By night (and early morning) I kick *kitten* in my own home (garage) gym. I am a qualified Personal Trainer, but that doesn’t pay the bills - hence the muttering engineers, it’s a living – but I love knowing what I’m doing in training myself and my teenage son. Hubby is also qualified, so we usually train together.

That Weight Thing
    It’s a long story, that involves being overweight since childhood, super-morbidly obese in my 20s and early 30s, and being diagnosed with both Binge Eating Disorder and Anorexia (while I was still ‘overweight’ on the scale).

Quite a few years back I turned down weight loss surgery, decided to lose weight on my own, and lost 160+ lbs. Then, after maintaining for a few years, it crept back on, about 100 lbs of it. I hadn’t dealt with *why* I got to be so heavy. That took addressing my ED’s, a lot of therapy, being banned from tracking my food, and redeveloping my relationship with food before I could look at losing weight again in a healthy way. That’s what I’m doing now.

Health
    I did quite a bit of damage to my body when I lost a lot of weight the first time. Mostly from under-eating (which I didn’t realise at the time) and also from fainting a few times. The past 7 years I have been diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Chronic Pain and severe migraines. It has been very limiting, and I hate being limited. I’ve seen so many doctors, specialists and alternative therapists that it’s a running joke – most of them don’t have a clue how to fix me. Recently we think I have Myofascial Pain Syndrome, and treatment for that has allowed me to be pain-free a lot more than usual. So I’m feeling pretty great!

My goal for each month is to finish it lighter than I started, and for this year I’m working on making changes to my body through weight-lifting, regular cardio and a moderate calorie deficit. I’d like to look something like I did at my lowest weight, but without the active ED.

I just took my measurements and progress photos yesterday, and it felt a big triggering if I’m honest – but I never have to see those measurements again, and the scale is only trending down. So I’m good.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Weigh in: Week 1 "The reckoning"
    PW: 244.4 (110.8 kg)
    CW: 247.7 (112.4 kg)

That is not unexpected. Christmas and NY I wasn't tracking closely, and I've also successfully added weight lifting back in to my routine in a 3 day on, 1 day off rotation. So it's not a fat gain, and honestly, if I can maintain this number of pain-free days and this level of training, I really don't care. It will go when it goes. :smiley:
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Happy new year everyone
    PW 124lbs
    CW 124lbs

Still too much yummy food left over from Christmas but working on exercising and hopefully I will lose some next week but the Christmas cake is still sitting and beckoning at me!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Sorry forgot to add steps
    Sun 9,695
    Mon 1,640
    Tue 4,883
    ed 3,440
    Th 6,293
    Fri 8,913
    Sat 5,475

Not as many as normal due to snow and slippery pavements.
This discussion has been closed.