JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

I think everyone is ready for 2020 to end, and a fresh start, 2021 .. a new beginning!

And that also means a fresh start for this thread -- JUST FOR TODAY. ONE DAY AT A TIME!

A fresh year where we can strive to work on the unhealthy habits we want to change, and replace those habits with healthy, lifestyle changing habits.

They say it takes 21 days to set a new habit. This is a thread to set daily goals that you would like to attain, and to try and change those old habits into good habits. We do this ONE DAY AT A TIME, hence the name, JUST FOR TODAY

It is a thread of encouragement and motivation.

If we set goals for ourselves for JUST ONE DAY, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help us to develop better habits for life, taking this one day at a time. Your goals can be as few as just one goal, or many goals for the day. This thread keeps us accountable .. it keeps us from giving up when things are hard ... because we only need to do things one day at a time.

Each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable.

It is so encouraging to read others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2021 and beyond.

Anyone can join - and we would love to have you! This is not a "group", so we welcome anyone who wants to improve their life, and reach their goals. This is my 5th year of this thread ... and many of the posters have been posting that long. Lasting friendships also!

To bookmark this thread and help you find it each day, just click on the little yellow star. That bookmarks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

yi5a5x2a99ir.jpg
1wb5z2fa0d80.jpg

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Name: Julie
    5'10"
    45 yrs old

The scale and I have parted ways until the pandemic is over. I am more focused on healthy habits than weight right now, since I can barely leave the house until the pandemic ends--no swimming, no gym, no social dancing at all. I lost nearly 100 pounds a couple of years ago and my lowest weight was 209. I am very muscular and athletic, with odd proportions. I wear US size 8 jeans at 209 pounds. Yeah, I know that is strange!

Word for the year 2021: SHINE

Special challenge: health: I have panhypopituitarism, hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's, fibromyalgia, migraines, some issues as a brain aneurysm survivor and a bunch more stuff; to stay at a healthy weight I need an hour a day of intense exercise (HIIT, cardio, lifting heavy) plus an hour of lower impact exercise like walking, swimming or social dance. I also need to eat under 75G carbs/day. Yeah. I could do that when I was not working full time, but it's a huge challenge now.

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to work on in 2021:
    1. Develop a consistent early-morning routine before daily WFH.
    2. Continue home workouts and be more consistent with them.
    3. Get outside as much as possible (very limited until Spring as I live in an extremely rainy place)
    4. Develop work-life balance; work on some stress reduction while starting new leadership role
    5. Work on eating habits and start tracking food again at some point.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited January 2021
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2021
    Name: Julie
    5'10"
    45 yrs old

The scale and I have parted ways until the pandemic is over. I am more focused on healthy habits than weight right now, since I can barely leave the house until the pandemic ends--no swimming, no gym, no social dancing at all. I lost nearly 100 pounds a couple of years ago and my lowest weight was 209. I am very muscular and athletic, with odd proportions. I wear US size 8 jeans at 209 pounds. Yeah, I know that is strange!

Happy to have you join us again Julie!
  • mytime6630
    shenna333 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Shenna. Much like the weight, I am here then gone, here then gone. Well, we are both back :D

So happy to see you back Shenna!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    annk18 wrote: »
    I have been lurking in this thread for almost a year. I read it daily and feel I know a lot of you. I am finally ready to make the commitment to post my goals and be accountable.
    I grew up thin, but have slowly gained a lot more weight than is good for me. My various medical issues would greatly benefit from reducing the poundage. At the beginning of the pandemic I slowly (and with hard work) lost about 5 lbs. But...during the last 6 weeks, or so, I gained them all back. I seem to be on an uncontrolled eating binge. Most of the food is healthy, just way too much of it. I have also stopped doing a lot of the exercise I was doing and, instead sit at the computer playing solitaire.
    Name: Ann
    Ht.: 5' 6"
    Wt.: 174.2 (I weigh myself first thing every morning, butt naked. Not a pretty thing. lol)
    1st goal wt.: 169 and to hold under 170 for 3-4 weeks.
    UGW: 150

JFT
    1. Log everything even if ,for now, it is only approximate calories
    2. Drink 8 (or more) glasses of H2O
    3. Exercise at least 30 mins 😀(walked in the cold around the neighborhood)
    4. Only 1/2hr at computer solitaire😞
    5. Make blood apt.
    6. Pay est. tax
    7. Add self to JFT😀

Welcome, it's great to have you here!
    I also weigh myself butt naked hahaha