WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
uoc4j31esg8j.png

Here is your Team chat room for January 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and open
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    edited January 2021
    Welcome to January!
    This is our home for the month, where all of our triumphs and challenges take place. Please introduce yourselves and set some goals and daily actions for the month. Focus on the small every day choices, and you will get where you want to go!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @micki48. I live in rural Québec, about 85 miles east of Montreal, and I'm a retired university professor of music. I haven't retired from being a musician, but these days the performance opportunities are zero! My weight loss story? After being somewhat overweight for most of my life, I really packed it on while in an admin job that involved a lot of sitting, meetings, travel, and meals. I tried many times to lose, but it was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise, and lost 40 pounds. I have been in a good zone for 9 years now, always refining and figuring out the things that work best, and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape during and after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and others who are working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! When you post, put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you can still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OcUo9BsMOyUl_IIC-0ZCrH2BS-smUplKXHndmI1MzLM/edit?usp=sharing

So everyone, tell us a bit about you. It's fun to know your name and where you live, if you're willing to share that, but mostly it is good to hear what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. Let the introductions roll!
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Hello everyone. Happy New Year! I haven’t been on MyFitnessPal for about a year and have gained 20 lbs. and I need to be accountable to myself. My goal is to to track all my food everyday and exercise every day and close all my rings on my Apple watch. I want to be and feel healthier. Looking forward to having fellow fitness pals to go on this journey with me!
    Username: Sunny9847
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 132
    CW (Current Weight): 126 -Today
    Goal: 110
  • jugar
    Last Call for December week 5! Please weigh in if you can - otherwise, I'll just carry over your last one, and hope to see your posts soon!
    :heart:

@evelynladams527
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @MissMeaganLyn
    @spyro88
    @lovethyneighbor
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    Happy New Year!
    @jugar use my weight from last week, please. Thanks!
    I’m getting to bed a bit earlier tonight than the last few and promise to get caught up on all of the teams’ posts tomorrow. Have a good sleep everyone!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @micki48 I will continue with the step challenge, 10k per day
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    Cw : 213.8
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    Hi, I'm Kristi and I am 38 and married. We have 3 kids together. I work 4 days a week in a special ed preschool. I started my weight loss journey in Feb of 2019 with a start of 255lbs. Right now I'm at 219lbs. I am similar to @Gidgitgoescrazy. I do great with exercise but slip up with food. This year I am working on eating more protein and getting my macros straightened out. This wasn't the most productive year for me so I am making it a goal to loose 30 lbs this year. My workouts are going to be more ballet and 3 days a week of lifting weights.
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    @jugar
    PW 61.7kg
    CW 62 kg

LTD 6.8
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Hi all
    I'm Pearl , almost 39 and been on this group on and off for awhile. I am always very very busy with family and studies (currently working on a new career in mental health) and often put myself and my food last. I tend to be really good for a few weeks but then something throws me off and I find it very hard to get back on.
    I have a tendency to 'snack' absentmindedly while doing stuff and often don't even clock what I'm eating.
    So, this year is hopefully my year! Lots of challenges including another lockdown here in the UK with the kids off school, but I can no longer say 'after this I'll get back on it' as there is just always another 'thing'. Must bite the bullet...
    Good luck everyone!
This discussion has been closed.