Dry January

Anyone else doing this crazy challenge? I know my workouts will be better not to mention how it will help with weight. No more logging wine ☺️.
Shoot me a line if your reading this and on board too!

Replies

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    My husband has just announced he is doing it. So I will probably end up doing it by default since all the restaurants are closed and I don't much care if I drink at home or not.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    I am!
  • LanceALars65
    LanceALars65 Posts: 16 Member
    Yes!
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    I am in! I do it every year.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Yes. Count me in. Fewer calories, better sleep, all the reasons :)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    SnifterPug wrote: »
    My husband has just announced he is doing it. So I will probably end up doing it by default since all the restaurants are closed and I don't much care if I drink at home or not.

Same. DH did dry June last year, and it was tons easier for me to abstain that month, although he didn’t care if I did or not. During that month, I tried This Naked Mind “alcohol experiment. “ https://thisnakedmind.com/the-alcohol-experiment/
    I did gain insights into my beliefs and habits around alcohol that made it easier to moderate.
  • LanceALars65
    Day 2 so sleepy. And it's Saturday! *kitten*. I can see neighbors next door from my kitchen. That means sports in the garage tv and beers and the usual chiding about not having 'just one'.
    Any advice will be noted!
    Maybe I will say I have Covid?
  • LanceALars65
    Kitten? You can't type curse words ? 😲 Oops
  • BayInTheWoods
    BayInTheWoods Posts: 5 Member
    Day 2 so sleepy. And it's Saturday! *kitten*. I can see neighbors next door from my kitchen. That means sports in the garage tv and beers and the usual chiding about not having 'just one'.
    Any advice will be noted!
    Maybe I will say I have Covid?

Bring your own NA? I'm partial to Athletic's NA IPA, myself.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Bring your own. People won't even notice or care. It leaves more for them! Especially with pandemic distancing, BYO is a standard practice and a smart one. Go have fun.
  • LowTechForever
    LowTechForever Posts: 271 Member
    I’m doing it. Day 2 and looking at some non-alcoholic beer to take the edge off this evening. Keep going everyone!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,286 Member
    There is a correlation between drinking and gaining weight for me. I eat more when I drink for whatever reason. I can't deny it.

What works for me, is not drinking at all during the week. I can still have a few on the weekends..and this is how I balance my weight goals. I'd rather do this than just abstain one month out of the year..
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Day 4 (I started a day early). Really wanted a glass (or three) of wine last night! We watched a concert on TV. Oh well I can wait a month! Keep up good work everyone!