Welcome New Members!

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited December 2020
    1HugoG wrote: »
    I don’t know how to add people as friends directly from these messages.
    Please help!

On desktop...
    Click on the person's username (underneath their profile photo), then click on their username a second time on the next page, THEN click the green "Add as friend" button.

On my phone (Android)...
    ETA: I gave up after getting "This user's feed is private" for, like, 7 people.

Take all of the above with a grain of salt because - irony of ironies - I don't typically "friend" on MFP so have zero clue how many iterations there are to do so 🤷🏾‍♀️

ETA, Part II: Because, much like my fitness journey, I never give up lol. Try this ➡️ How do I invite a current member to be my friend on MyFitnessPal?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited December 2020
    1HugoG wrote: »
    I don’t know how to add people as friends directly from these messages.
    Please help!

Im on an android phone.. click users name, click their name again .. under their pic you will see on the right what looks like 3 heads.. click.. put your profile name in and send.
  • I am NOT precisely new to this tool as I tried it earlier this year. My doctor recommended me this tool to control my food intake, and she was disappointed by the daily intake suggested by MFP. She stated that it was really high (2460/day). This time, I decided to give it a second try. I realized how informative this application is.
  • jstevemfp
    jstevemfp Posts: 11 Member
    I created a MFP account all the way back in 2013, used it for a few months and then abandoned it. Then recently just around Thanksgiving (2020) while working with my nutritionist I expressed the desire to start tracking my intake again and my nutritionist answered without hesitation to utilize MFP when I asked for a "good app to track intake with". So, I've been back on here, trying to be good about entering my food each day. I'm a 60 year old female with a lifelong history of being overweight. Over the few years I have lost weight and kept it off (so far). In 2014 I went vegetarian and gained weight and then in 2017 I went vegan and then 2018 I started to dabble with a more WFPB (whole foods, plant based) way of eating and love this way of eating. But I am so much more vegan than WFPB since I still struggle with added sugar and oil intake. But my goal now is keep exploring cutting back my added sugars and see if I can do it :smile:
  • ella33040
    ella33040 Posts: 62 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm new to here, looking forward to the challenges and to share support and motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • Happy new year everyone ! This needs to be the year I lose the weight 5 kids down my weight goes up and down all the time but this is my year joined a gym with a year contract we can do this 💪🏻

How could I helping you?
  • aforrest5 wrote: »
    I am new! Trying to stay strong, could use some accountability

You had to put to yourself a goal
  • gbrenee
    gbrenee Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I'm new to the message boards. Been a member of myfitnesspal for years, only used the app to track my food and exercise. Currently reaching out for support while picking back up from some challenges in my life. Hope everyone had a good holiday : ) .
  • woodsman57
    woodsman57 Posts: 35 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi there new here. Add me to help add some inspiration for the new year!
  • Tapout112009
    Tapout112009 Posts: 109 Member
    Been away for awhile due to multplie back surgeries but been back in the gym for about 8 weeks now. Love to meet some new people snd help each other!!
    ucrute3tne7k.jpg
  • thesingingswan
    thesingingswan Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Everyone. I used this app in the past (like 15 years ago?) with success, but am struggling to lose weight currently. Having holiday cookies lingering in my house for weeks did not help my situation, but as I go through old photos, I decided that I really need to get to my goal weight. If anyone has any advice on how to curb cravings for sweets, I would appreciate it!
  • rufxpiru
    rufxpiru Posts: 2 Member
    Just rejoined My fitness pal because of health reasons. I have been with My Fitness Pal for many years off and on and love it...Hope you will all keep me motived because this time it's my health that is in danger and I cannot quit!.
  • rshea65
    rshea65 Posts: 8 Member
    How do you reply in the same dialog box without creating a new conversation? I can't see how to do that
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    rshea65 wrote: »
    How do you reply in the same dialog box without creating a new conversation? I can't see how to do that

You just quote their post.

Its the only way to reply to that post :)
  • nahrobson
    nahrobson Posts: 14 Member
    Happy New Year.....! Not a complete Newby but a returned after running out of enthusiasm. Clearly a goal is to be healthier and weight loss through better eating, better food tracking and sensible exercise. I fell over last time by not being able to accurately track the calorie intake, especially if you home cook. So here goes..... :|
  • HolisticHealth78
    HolisticHealth78 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello to the millions of other folks jumping back on the bandwagon! As a mental health therapist, I prefer the term “goal” over “resolution” because it allows for more grace and flexibility. My long term goal is to lose 150 lbs and my short term goal is to reduce hip and back pain. I look forward to succeeding with you all!
  • cols39
    cols39 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone!! I have used MFP in the past with great results but eventually lost steam. In the past, I wasn’t aware of these discussion boards tho so maybe this will help! I created a brand new account today to start fresh. My goal is to lose 40/50 ish lbs. Looking forward to hopefully adding some friends to help each other stay motivated and on track!
  • _bakesy_
    _bakesy_ Posts: 1 Member
    nahrobson wrote: »
    Happy New Year.....! Not a complete Newby but a returned after running out of enthusiasm. Clearly a goal is to be healthier and weight loss through better eating, better food tracking and sensible exercise. I fell over last time by not being able to accurately track the calorie intake, especially if you home cook. So here goes..... :|

Like wise , New Year New Mindset
  • maddenesk
    maddenesk Posts: 1 Member
    How much is premium. It seems they hide if from us?