January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    edited January 2021
    @AlphaHowls Do you have an end date for your HM streak?

Beautiful pictures @katharmonic. So, a 4 hour hike is a rest day? Only for you! :lol: Glad your streak is over and you don't have to stress about running after a strenuous hike.

@kgirlhart Nice snowy and cold run! Love your goals too.
  • kat_ontherun
    kat_ontherun Posts: 45 Member
    Last month's total: 76.7 km
    January goal: 151 km
    Today I started week 3 of HM training with an easy 5k. I am planning on running the HM on February 4th, and my goal is to complete the distance, not worried about pace. I'm both nervous and excited for my upcoming long runs!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    200 miles minimum goal for January 2021

1/1 26.29 miles, 977 Days on the run, 159 days HM+ streak
    Wow! The wind was a bully for this one. Gusts up to 40 mph and almost 70°F.
    Thank the Lord for compression hose!

@TheMrWobbly
    I am signed up for the challenge.

We can all sit back and relax, @AlphaHowls can do this on her own (you are so inspiring)!

Just kidding. This is going to be fun!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    1-1 5k treadmill + resistance bands
    1-2 5k treadmill + yoga

January Total: 10k
    January Goal: 140k

Upper 30s F, rainy, and windy today, so I did treadmill.

@martaindale Spectacular start to the year and great PR!!
    @Teresa502 Fantastic race!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • quilteryoyo
    Smart decision @libbyralls ! I don't use an arm band. Instead, I have skorts and leggings with deep pockets where I put my phone when running.

@kat_ontherun Which HM plan are you using? You will do great. I understand the nervousness. I was supposed to run my first HM last year, but it was cancelled. I still had all of those feelings though, when I thought it might happen. You can do it.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Today was only my second run over 10k since July and boy did it show. It didn’t help I included the local hill climb up the long man however I will take a slow 10 miles with positivity.
    5aizaduowp8c.jpeg
    7eti0tc8p0ij.jpeg

Masters will be in International Finance in one form or another.

That is so cool!!!!! I am going to go look up the long man now.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    1/1 - 5.5
    2/1 - 6.5

12/60km
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    @quilteryoyo I'm so sorry about your cousin's diagnosis.

@kat_ontherun I don't use an arm band. They annoy me when I get sweaty. I use a flipbelt. I barely notice it is there and so I love it.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    @Teresa502 Congrats on the AG win and good work running the big hill!

@samthepanda Welcome Back! And Welcome to @3greyhorses

@katharmonic Beautiful hike!

I’m so sorry to hear you are having to do this with your family again so soon @quilteryoyo . Here’s hoping your cousin recovers well.

@kgirlhart Pretty pics! I am also looking for 2021 races. I have a HM booked for February and I convinced my brother to do a 10k with me in March in the city where he lives. He used to to triathlons but got busy and fell out of the habit of exercising. As luck would have it, he is looking to train up for a marathon by the end of the year!

@libbyralls Another climber!! No armband recs from me either, sorry. I really hate those things. I, like @quilteryoyo have shorts and leggings with a pocket big enough to hold a phone if I take it with me at all.
  • quilteryoyo
    @TheMrWobbly No wonder you were slow. That's some hill! You did great. International Finance sounds intriguing.

• kirstymn
    kirstymn Posts: 90 Member
    @martaindale Fantastic HM, and that medal is huge!

@Teresa502 Great job on the race, congrats on winning your AG

@katharmonic Stunning photos!

@libbyralls I used to use an arm band - I think just some generic brand off Amazon, but found it either chafed or slipped (not to mention the really bad tan lines it created :| ). I switched to a SPI belt to keep my phone and much prefer it to the arm band.